By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Palworld has sold over 5 million copies in just 3 days

Mar1217 said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Once this game is finished, it will probably outsell Pokemon Scarlet/Violet.

And it wouldn't be a surprise if it reviews better too.

If it ever gets finished. Their previous games are still in Early Access years after release so don't expect them to have a competent schedule to finish the game. 

They started out as like 10 guyes that barely knew how to program, grew to about 40, makeing their first 3 games (first one, they never even released).
It wasn't until palworld, that they started takeing on more devs and grew their team abit.
Its budget and dev time, was "how long can we keep borring money, from the bank, before we cant even repay that debt rate".

"Mizobe hired a part-time convenience store worker and junior high school graduate who created gun animations as a hobby, and moved them from Hokkaido to Tokyo to become an animator for the game. The person responsible for designing many of the Pals was initially rejected for a job at Pocketpair, but then followed up and ended up becoming central to the development process. There was a more seasoned freelance engineer who helped train the team and remake the game in Unreal Engine, and a veteran developer in animation who helped create a process for mass producing and animating the game’s creatures. "

Alot of these guys basically self taught themselves, how to make a game, with the help of a few veterans that then taught the "newbies".
Imagine thinking "I have 10,000$, and a few friends into games, lets go make one".  Its basically crazy.... and it worked out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDOiCDJzGCM

Sometimes all you need is a game to be fun to play.
A good gameplay loop... ect.

This had next to zero marketing, pretty low budget, not that big a crew of devs,..... just some young dudes with passive for gameing.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 27 January 2024

Around the Network

Palworld is a solid game. I know it isn't pokemon but pokemon could learn a lot from palworld. Better battles, more to do, pals do more than just battle. The game is solid.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Currently at a new peak player count.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Once this game is finished, it will probably outsell Pokemon Scarlet/Violet.

And it wouldn't be a surprise if it reviews better too.

It'll probably be stuck in Early Access.

Not sure about reviews but I dont think it will reach 20+ mil.

It'll likely peak at 10 mil and when it goes on sale, it'll help it since the game is already less than half the price of Pokemon.

Interesting take:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYBN5Er8qOs

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Zippy6 said: