By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Best/Favourite film of 2023

Whether it's the one you enjoyed the most, or the one you thought was the most well made, what was your top film of 2023, and why?

Around the Network

Spider-Man Across the Spider-Verse
American Fiction
Oppenheimer
Past Lives
Air

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Oppenheimer
Asteroid City
Mario Movie

I definitely haven’t seen all the “good” movies of the year, but I definitely saw some not so good ones like Guardians 3, Ant Man in Quantumania, and Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny.

Also, the Netflix releases by Wes Anderson were great little short movies.

The double feature popularly called “Barbenheimer”

Others I liked:
Killers of the Flower Moon
No Hard Feelings (at least the first 3/4ths of it, I’m not a fan of when they wimp out and add some kind of moral message at the end of my raunchy comedies - in that way, and overall, it was a bit like Girl Next Door except better quality and significantly fewer contrivances)
Mission Impossible 7
Asteroid City
Totally Killer

Those are the ones I liked, at least. I haven’t seen everything. 

Last edited by Jumpin - on 14 January 2024

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Mario Movie, by far not the greatest, but it's enjoyable for being a Mario movie.

Oppenheimer, amongst the best historic reconstruction drama of it's genre. Honestly, I kind of felt Nolan couldn't pull it off anymore but proven wrong thankfully.

The Boy and the Heron, once again, let's kneel to Miyazaki, it's staff and Studio Ghibli to produce again an animated masterpiece that's incredibly personal to him as well.

Btb, I was interested to go see Asteroid City back then, but it slipped my mind. Does some of you have opinions on the movie ?

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

Barbenheimer and Across the spiderverse would make my top3

Other than those: 

John Wick 4
Asteroid City
Air
Mario Movie

Lowkey the D&D movie is up there as well.

Mar1217 said:

Mario Movie, by far not the greatest, but it's enjoyable for being a Mario movie.

Oppenheimer, amongst the best historic reconstruction drama of it's genre. Honestly, I kind of felt Nolan couldn't pull it off anymore but proven wrong thankfully.

The Boy and the Heron, once again, let's kneel to Miyazaki, it's staff and Studio Ghibli to produce again an animated masterpiece that's incredibly personal to him as well.

Btb, I was interested to go see Asteroid City back then, but it slipped my mind. Does some of you have opinions on the movie ?

If you like Wes Anderson movies, Asteroid City is another beautifully made movie.

It's his typical style with a new background. Not as great as the Great Budapest Hotel and the French Dispatch but as charming and funny as always.

I enjoyed Dungeons & Dragons Honor Among Thieves. It’s a great movie to watch together with your nerd friends and share snacks with. Plus it’s actually a good D&D movie. That’s a major accomplishment.

I haven't seen many, but my favorites were Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, Across the Spider-Verse, and Godzilla Minus One, in that order.

The fact that the Mario movie has been mentioned three times already here is... something.

SvennoJ said:
Mar1217 said:

If you like Wes Anderson movies, Asteroid City is another beautifully made movie.

It's his typical style with a new background. Not as great as the Great Budapest Hotel and the French Dispatch but as charming and funny as always.

I find Asteroid City to be quite a bit better than French Dispatch. Also, it's my favourite from 2023.

The Grand Budapest Hotel and Moonrise Kingdom are my favourites when it comes to Wes Anderson.