By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 14th Annual Greatest Games Event - Sign-Ups Thread

firebush03 said:

I’m in!

EDIT: nevermind I’m out. I realize I don’t even have 50 games that I’ve played lol.

Maybe, even if you don't feel like making a list, you may wanna stick around to look at the lists of others, participate in the discussions about the daily games and the guessing game and see the results mZuzek posts in January. Take a look at the past threads (mZuzek has posted links in the intial posts of the thread) to get a feel what happens.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
firebush03 said:

I’m in!

EDIT: nevermind I’m out. I realize I don’t even have 50 games that I’ve played lol.

That's pretty relatable lol. In the beginning I listed some games I'd barely played. It's pretty lame to post a top 50 list you don't really like, so if you can't think of enough games you care about, I'm not gonna sit here and tell you to do it anyway. I just hope you will have such a list to share with us someday

Kaunisto said:

I can give this a try. But as first timer I have couple questions:

Do I only include games I've played on the actual platform or also ones I've played emulated? (As that can be somewhat different from the authentic experience.)
Further, there's couple Japan-only games I've played on emulator as fan translations. Is such an acceptable choice?

Honestly, if I ever get into the Final Fantasy series, it's probably gonna be through fan translations too.

You should be including the 50 games you wanna include, doesn't really matter where or how you played them. The only caveat here is that I'm gonna ask you for a platform you played it on, for the spreadsheets in the overall results, and if you say Emulator, I'm just gonna "convert" that to the original platform.

Personally when I play something on emulator, I just list it as the original platform. We've all played games on emulators really. This event isn't about how we played the games we love, it's about the games we love.

count in catguy

I'm in!
It'll be my first time joining, sounds fun!

I make game analyses on youtube:

FFVI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSO6n8kNCwk
Shadow of the Colossus: https://youtu.be/9kDBFGw6SXQ
Silent Hill 2: https://youtu.be/BwISCik3Njc
BotW: https://youtu.be/4auqRSAWYKU

I'm in.

Will I be able to finish "that game" this year...?

Kaunisto said:

I can give this a try. But as first timer I have couple questions:

Do I only include games I've played on the actual platform or also ones I've played emulated? (As that can be somewhat different from the authentic experience.)
Further, there's couple Japan-only games I've played on emulator as fan translations. Is such an acceptable choice?

Some times even the official localizations are very different experiences as well.
Many lines in FF7 Remake for example took huge liberties, and expressed things that the characters didn't say in Japanese.

Around the Network

Thank you for the heads up @Mnementh

Will be joining this year as well.

I'm in!

Will be adding somewhere between four and seven new games this year, including a couple new additions to my top 10! Four new additions are guaranteed, while another three I'm still debating the placement of. As usual, all of them are indie games and that makes it difficult to participate in the Discussion thread since nobody can ever guess my picks, but I gotta be honest about what I like. Last year I participated in the Discussion thread by doing write-ups on my top 10 favorites, so I figure I'll do the same this year, but just with the pair of new additions to my top 10 since the rest already have write-ups. I may also post a revised write-up on The Last of Us Part II (which, spoiler that will surprise no one, remains my all-time favorite game) since it has recently taken on a new dimension of meaning to me and only continues to gain more value over time in my mind.

Few people really care about my list per se, so I see no reason not to just spoil what the aforementioned new additions are. The guaranteed ones are Misericorde (Volume One), Butterfly Soup 2, Pentiment, and A Space for the Unbound. The other possible additions are Pizza Tower, Neon White, and Humanity. Exact placements are yet to be determined, so I guess you'll have to scope out my post on the official thread for that. (Except you, racoon. You're special, so you'll get a sneak preview.)

Last edited by Jaicee - on 24 October 2023

I'll play this year.

Let's call on more last years participants: @ARamdomGamer @BasilZero @shikamaru317 @GoOnKid @RingoGaSuki @derpysquirtle64 @Flilix @StarDoor @VersusEvil @KiigelHeart @rapsuperstar31 

Also I think some participants in LiquidLaser's GOTY-threads might be interested to share their TOP 50 games of all times, am I right @Spike0503 @HoloDust 

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

By "I can give a try" I meant you can consider me in.