By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most underrated system

Dreamcast. And I'm not basing that on revision. I'm basing that on the era when it was on shelves. I had one. No one liked it. It was mocked, ridiculed and buried like some kind of inbred stepchild that no one wanted to acknowledge. This, despite the fact that at the time (2000-2001), it did a lot of things better than the competition. It should have had at least a four-year run. But the PS2 consumed it like a flame consuming a moth. Vaporized it. 

Last edited by JackHandy - on 02 August 2023

Around the Network

PS Vita.

It's a shame Sony didn't support it longer, but the hardware was awesome for its time and it had a solid library of indie and AA games.

Plus compatibility to many PSP games and PS1 classics.

Probably the Sega Master System. Great console with fun games. Just rarely hear people talk about it.

KLXVER said:

Probably the Sega Master System. Great console with fun games. Just rarely hear people talk about it.

Came to post this and you post it 1 minute before me xP

Gamecube, it got some great Nintendo games as always including the return of Metroid. It also got some fantastic jrpg games that the N64 solely missed. Tales of Symphonia is one of my favorite games of all time, than add in other fantastic rpgs in Baten Kaitos 1/2, Skies of Arcadia, Fire Emblem and Super Mario TTYD. We also got Viewtiful Joe which the N64 missed out on great 2D games. Not to mention some great horror games in Eternal Darkness and Resident Evil games being exclusive to the console until 4 ended up coming to PS2. The PS2 was my first non Nintendo console, but I still enjoyed the Gamecube and it's smaller lineup of games more than I enjoyed my PS2.

Around the Network

Ps4 easily the greatest console ever by far but most think it's PS2.

Probably the GameCube.

Amazing games. Luigi's Mansion, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Super Smash Bros. Melee, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker... But it was crushed by the PlayStation 2. Well, I'm not going to say that the GameCube is better than the PS2, but it didn't deserved to be labeled as one of the biggest failures in console history.

The Commodore Amiga followed by the PSP and Vita.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

It's the Wii for me too.

The toxic "hardcore vs casualz" culture wars of the time led silly negative stereotypes about the system having nothing but shovelware.

In reality it had a ton of awesome lesser known titles like The Last Story, Sin and Punishment Star Successor, Monster Hunter Tri, No More Heroes 1 & 2, Red Steel 2, World of Goo, Pandora's Tower, Rayman Origins, Muramasa The Demon Blade, Silent Hill Shattered Memories, de Blob 1 and 2, Dead Space Extraction, Fatal Frame 2 and 4, House of the Dead Overkill, etc.

Amazing little console.

Dreamcast and Saturn. I love Sega.