By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most underrated system

GameCube and Dreamcast definitely! Eternal Darkness, Smash Bros Melee, Metroid Prime, Pikmin, Tales of Symphonia, Grandia 2, Chu Chu Rocket, Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Phantasy Star Online 1 & 2.. Classic quasi-retro gaming!

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Around the Network

Probably something Commodore. There are a lot of now-forgotten games and systems, though. Back in the day, you'd get a few free games with a magazine that some kid wrote in his bedroom. It's odd to remember a world without Internet...

OneTime said:

Probably something Commodore. There are a lot of now-forgotten games and systems, though. Back in the day, you'd get a few free games with a magazine that some kid wrote in his bedroom. It's odd to remember a world without Internet...

"You'd get a few games" sounds so comfortable. The program code was printed in the magazine and you had to type these pages into the computer, save the file and run it... and hope that you didn't mystype any letter or number:

Here is the "listing" of the legendary Hypra-Load-System, which speeded up the loaading from the C64-floppy-disk-drive by a factor of 5:

Valdney said:

Dreamcast and Saturn. I love Sega.

Yeah Saturn for me as well.

Dreamcast gets a lot of (well deserved) love as Sega's console swan song, but the Saturn is often overlooked even today. It was a really interesting console with some real standout titles such as Panzer Dragoon 1/Zwei/Saga, Burning Rangers, Radiant Silvergun, Exhumed/Powerslave, and Nights into Dreams.

curl-6 said:
Valdney said:

Dreamcast and Saturn. I love Sega.

Yeah Saturn for me as well.

Dreamcast gets a lot of (well deserved) love as Sega's console swan song, but the Saturn is often overlooked even today. It was a really interesting console with some real standout titles such as Panzer Dragoon 1/Zwei/Saga, Burning Rangers, Radiant Silvergun, Exhumed/Powerslave, and Nights into Dreams.

Bulk Slash is my fave Saturn game and I play Hyperdeul a lot. Best Shmup console of that generation. Maybe even the decade.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Don't know if underrated because it sold well

But PSP was amazing and I don't see much praise to it. Easily the best hardware of its generation for me, home console included

For me, it's a tie between the Dreamcast and Vita.

I can only imagine how different gaming would probably be if they were successful

curl-6 said:

It's the Wii for me too.

The toxic "hardcore vs casualz" culture wars of the time led silly negative stereotypes about the system having nothing but shovelware.

In reality it had a ton of awesome lesser known titles like The Last Story, Sin and Punishment Star Successor, Monster Hunter Tri, No More Heroes 1 & 2, Red Steel 2, World of Goo, Pandora's Tower, Rayman Origins, Muramasa The Demon Blade, Silent Hill Shattered Memories, de Blob 1 and 2, Dead Space Extraction, Fatal Frame 2 and 4, House of the Dead Overkill, etc.

Amazing little console.

Didn't the Wii won it's generation, though?

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
curl-6 said:

It's the Wii for me too.

The toxic "hardcore vs casualz" culture wars of the time led silly negative stereotypes about the system having nothing but shovelware.

In reality it had a ton of awesome lesser known titles like The Last Story, Sin and Punishment Star Successor, Monster Hunter Tri, No More Heroes 1 & 2, Red Steel 2, World of Goo, Pandora's Tower, Rayman Origins, Muramasa The Demon Blade, Silent Hill Shattered Memories, de Blob 1 and 2, Dead Space Extraction, Fatal Frame 2 and 4, House of the Dead Overkill, etc.

Amazing little console.

Didn't the Wii won it's generation, though?

It did, yes.

I still feel it is underrated in terms of gaming discourse online though due to negative stereotypes. A system can sell well and still be underrated.

PSP