By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LTTP: Super Mario Galaxy

Chrkeller said:

I didn't read all the pages here but I did laugh at a galaxy thread turning into a TLoU thread.

For me Nintendo and Sony focus on a completely different type of game.  It is nothing more than personal preference.  Sony is character and story driven.  Nintendo is gameplay and level design.  

For me I will take galaxy over Last any day of the week.

That's' false though. i'm all about gameplay for me but i like combat and challenge. Nintendo doesn't really provide that. nothing on nintendo gives the combat of last of part 2, GOW, demon souls, and ghosts of tsushima, infact most of the games are made kids friendly and easy. 

Last edited by zeldaring - on 28 May 2023

Around the Network

Part 2 >>> Part 1

gameplay for sure but the hated the story.

zeldaring said:

I like blunt, brave, divisive stories. Killing Joel at the start of the game startly put it over the first one story-wise. Overall I like the art direction of the second better than the first, as I spent most of the time in a cloudy raining Seattle is just fit the moody and atmosphere of the game perfectly. The art direction of the game is suberb, don't even look like a zombie game 

IcaroRibeiro said:
zeldaring said:

I like blunt, brave, divisive stories. Killing Joel at the start of the game startly put it over the first one story-wise. Overall I like the art direction of the second better than the first, as I spent most of the time in a cloudy raining Seattle is just fit the moody and atmosphere of the game perfectly. The art direction of the game is suberb, don't even look like a zombie game 

they could have waited till the end of the game to kill him off. they killed a iconic character like he was trash lol. the best part story for me was when joe and ellie are together but oh well.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
GoOnKid said:

Dude, what do you want from us? Do you seek validation? Do you want attention? Do you want to spread nonsense? Whenever people tell you where you're wrong you just ignore it and repeat your same old stuff. Is there anything else you can do with your free time?

Clearly not capable of rational discourse.

So, instead, what's your favorite part of Mario Galaxy?

Personally I like the airship levels the best. Mario 3 was my childhood favorite, so it was a nice bit of nostalgia.

I also love the ice levels. Is there any real reason that walking on water as ice Mario should be more fun than just walking on dry land? Nope. Is it though? Yes.

And the music. Just all of it.

Do you mean me in particular? Perhaps you mean him, I'm not sure. As an attempt to distress him from all the bashing.

Well anyway, if you ask me, I enjoyed exploring all the little planets and discovering a ton of secrets everywhere. Also, like you said, the music is a banger from start to finish. I love that jingle when you grab a star. Also finding branching paths in the levels was satisfying to me. And despite being a game that is considered on the easy side I think there are quite a lot of stars that were hard to get and that took me several attempts, so in general I think the difficulty is very balanced and fair.

zeldaring said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

they could have waited till the end of the game to kill him off. they killed a iconic character like he was trash lol. the best part story for me was when joe and ellie are together but oh well.

But his being killed was the story plot. There wouldn't be a game without his murder. It gave me very ASOIAF vibes with Martin killing Eddard Stark at the end of the first book, explicitly telling the audience "This book is not what you think it is". Joel death is still the most shocking death I've seen in games, because it was completely unexpected (for me)

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

I didn't read all the pages here but I did laugh at a galaxy thread turning into a TLoU thread.

For me Nintendo and Sony focus on a completely different type of game.  It is nothing more than personal preference.  Sony is character and story driven.  Nintendo is gameplay and level design.  

For me I will take galaxy over Last any day of the week.

That's' false though. i'm all about gameplay for me but i like combat and challenge. Nintendo doesn't really provide that. nothing on nintendo gives the combat of last of part 2, GOW, demon souls, and ghosts of tsushima, infact most of the games are made kids friendly and easy. 

Souls is from software not Sony.  Combat is a single aspect of gameplay.  Challenge is a design element, not gameplay.  

Nintendo and Sony do not focus on the same things when developing a game, which isn't only fine but amazing.  Variety is a good thing.

I don't think the latest incarnation of quickrick will last much longer.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Nier has the best story of the 7th gen of consoles.

Also, fuck Asparagus. That shit stinks.

Does anyone else LOVE lightning storms?

How come Cannon Spike has not been ported to anything? It's not even in the Psikyo collection on Switch and PS4! Even Capcom has not ported it to anything. CAPCOM who will port anything. Same with El Dorado gate. C'mon now Capcom.

Walking Dead did the concept far better than TLOU.

I sure hope Sony gives us a release date on Stellar Blade soon and not delayed to next year or canceled it.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!