By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LTTP: Super Mario Galaxy

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

That's' false though. i'm all about gameplay for me but i like combat and challenge. Nintendo doesn't really provide that. nothing on nintendo gives the combat of last of part 2, GOW, demon souls, and ghosts of tsushima, infact most of the games are made kids friendly and easy. 

Souls is from software not Sony.  Combat is a single aspect of gameplay.  Challenge is a design element, not gameplay.  

Nintendo and Sony do not focus on the same things when developing a game, which isn't only fine but amazing.  Variety is a good thing.

I agree they have different styles but to say they are not focused on gameplay is false when they some of the best combat in gaming even if it is a single design aspect. it's like Mario game having amazing platforming it's a single aspect of game but it's the main one. Challenge is a gameplay aspect depending how you implement it if the game is designed properly around  it using your skill it can be a thrilling gameplay aspect if you just make spong enemies and one hit kills then yea.  

Last edited by zeldaring - on 28 May 2023

Around the Network
zeldaring said:

controls are inferior to mario 64 and not made for precise 3d platforming  cause if the gravity theme

I played the galaxy games (and sunshine) before trying Mario 64. The horrid controls of 64 make it unplayable for me. Way to technical. Great for people who play games "seriously" but a nightmare for more casual gamers, generally the Mario games audience.

super_etecoon said:

The only reason I clicked on this thread was because I thought someone had made a mashup of LTTP (Link to the Past) and Mario Galaxy, which would absolutely be amazing.

Instead I get another bad take from a new user trying to stir up controversy where they can.

Dang it!

I’m just going to go back to thinking about a Zelda/Mario crossover. Is it link to the Past with gravity elements? It is Mario Galaxy with Light and Dark world elements. Doesn’t matter, I’ll take both!

Hey, at least he made you dream. There is always a good way to look at something, as out of left field as it may be.

See, you actually had your imagination spark and had your heart flutter. Zeldaring is a good guy when you look at it that way :)

Pajderman said:
zeldaring said:

controls are inferior to mario 64 and not made for precise 3d platforming  cause if the gravity theme

I played the galaxy games (and sunshine) before trying Mario 64. The horrid controls of 64 make it unplayable for me. Way to technical. Great for people who play games "seriously" but a nightmare for more casual gamers, generally the Mario games audience.

I just booted both games up to see what you're talking and mario 64 controls much better, So easy to jump on goombas vs mario  floaty jump  in galaxy, and mario 64 is just snappier. galaxy doesn't control bad, it just has a floaty jump and annoying camera angels because of the gravity mechanic. i think i just don't like the gravity mechanics and floaty jump, but i'm playing the sand level and ice level now and i'm enjoying those levels cause they are light on the gravity mechanics.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 29 May 2023

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

Souls is from software not Sony.  Combat is a single aspect of gameplay.  Challenge is a design element, not gameplay.  

Nintendo and Sony do not focus on the same things when developing a game, which isn't only fine but amazing.  Variety is a good thing.

I agree they have different styles but to say they are not focused on gameplay is false when they some of the best combat in gaming even if it is a single design aspect. it's like Mario game having amazing platforming it's a single aspect of game but it's the main one. Challenge is a gameplay aspect depending how you implement it if the game is designed properly around  it using your skill it can be a thrilling gameplay aspect if you just make spong enemies and one hit kills then yea.  

My intent wasn't to say Sony has bad gameplay, but depending on definition I don't think it is their top priority and focus.  They make characters and story, build from there.  While Nintendo comes up with gameplay and level design and stuffs characters in.  Both result in great software just with a different focal point.

You also might want to stop viewing opinions as true or false.  By default an opinion is neither.  

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

My intent wasn't to say Sony has bad gameplay, but depending on definition I don't think it is their top priority and focus.  They make characters and story, build from there.  While Nintendo comes up with gameplay and level design and stuffs characters in.  Both result in great software just with a different focal point.

You also might want to stop viewing opinions as true or false.  By default an opinion is neither.  

I would say it is their top priority  because the gameplay is some  of the best imo. The only good story they made was last of us, all the others were average. if the developer is going for a realistic game they have to make characters and story first that doesn't mean gameplay is not first. 

Last edited by zeldaring - on 29 May 2023

Could someone tell me what LTTP stands for? I don't think it's Link to the Past.

Anyway, Mario Galaxy is pretty good for a 3D Mario game, but I tend to prefer 2D Mario a lot more.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Could someone tell me what LTTP stands for? I don't think it's Link to the Past.

Anyway, Mario Galaxy is pretty good for a 3D Mario game, but I tend to prefer 2D Mario a lot more.

Late to the Party

https://www.howtogeek.com/711821/what-does-lttp-mean-and-how-do-you-use-it/

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Late to the Party,I believe was the intent here. 

BasilZero said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Late to the Party

https://www.howtogeek.com/711821/what-does-lttp-mean-and-how-do-you-use-it/

super_etecoon said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Late to the Party,I believe was the intent here. 

Thanks.

Looks like I'm LTTP on the use of LTTP.