By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Prime Remastered Reviews: 95 Metacritic / 95 Opencritic

Tagged games:

mZuzek said:
SKMBlake said:

The outrage is over, it's now back at 95

Whew, I can finally enjoy the game again

Right ?

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:

I'll adjust the thread :)

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
SKMBlake said:

Is it though. This means it could have been at 96.

I never actually played the Gamecube/Wii versions as I avoided those consoles, so for me it's a fresh and new entry into one of my favorite franchises... And I am actually enjoying it so far.

And it stands up visually. - If there was a small (And I mean SMALL) nitpick, is that the Anti-Aliasing and Texture filtering could have been improved... Especially as the game runs at a sub-native resolution so it sticks out.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

I never actually played the Gamecube/Wii versions as I avoided those consoles, so for me it's a fresh and new entry into one of my favorite franchises... And I am actually enjoying it so far.

And it stands up visually. - If there was a small (And I mean SMALL) nitpick, is that the Anti-Aliasing and Texture filtering could have been improved... Especially as the game runs at a sub-native resolution so it sticks out.

I love being an ignorant gamer so I’m not bothered by what you are seeing. Seriously, sometimes ignorance is bliss. :)

Around the Network
Pemalite said:

You never played a Metroid Prime (as these are all Gamecube/Wii-versions). I would say, that Metroid Prime is quite a different experience from 2D Metroid games (and also Other M). So maybe you don't like it. Or maybe you do, but as it's own thing. because quite frankly, I have my difficulties with 2D Metroid, as I struggle with Jump&Runs but Prime works much better for me.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

This game stands the test of time.

S.Peelman said:
SKMBlake said:

Is it though. This means it could have been at 96.

Well I saw some reviews giving it a 90 or 85 on the basis that it is a remaster thus cannot be worth the full mark, so the 96 wouldn't last for this particular reason.

Mnementh said:
Pemalite said:

You never played a Metroid Prime (as these are all Gamecube/Wii-versions). I would say, that Metroid Prime is quite a different experience from 2D Metroid games (and also Other M). So maybe you don't like it. Or maybe you do, but as it's own thing. because quite frankly, I have my difficulties with 2D Metroid, as I struggle with Jump&Runs but Prime works much better for me.

I played every other entry. Super Metroid I spend just a couple hours doing a run from start to finish once a year or so... To me it's almost a perfect game.

Always wanted to play the Prime games, but could never justify buying the platforms they released on.

Mnementh said:
Pemalite said:

Definitely enjoying it. I did play Metroid Prime: Hunters when it released on DS back in the day, so I am not a virgin when it comes to 3D Metroid titles.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

You can get all the acclamation you wish for but I'm eager for the moment Nintendo will announce the initial shipped numbers for the game.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909