By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Prime Remastered Reviews: 95 Metacritic / 95 Opencritic

Tagged games:

Hummm ... I actually thought Jim stopped doing scored reviews after the whole BOTW fiasco happened. When did he begin doing them again ?

Anywoo, despite the fact we can see all too clearly that he has huge tendancies to diverge on certain points that don't matter too much for the review in it of itself.
Outlying scores are always gonna be a thing so to me it's still a huge surprised that the game hasn't dropped much more than it did.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

By the way, Jim goes by they/them.

mZuzek said:

Their reviews should go by ugh tho

Mar1217 said:

Hummm ... I actually thought Jim stopped doing scored reviews after the whole BOTW fiasco happened. When did he begin doing them again ?

I thought so too. Was really confused when I saw the 75 for Metroid Prime Remastered.

SKMBlake said:
mZuzek said:

Their reviews should go by ugh tho

I like their takes on most things, but definitely not the reviews. Had no idea they still did those, actually.

Around the Network

A lot of people seem really invested on an arbitrary score for a game they already know they like. Does that one slightly lower review score somehow affect your enjoyment of the game? Or change anything about it in general?

Darashiva said:

A lot of people seem really invested on an arbitrary score for a game they already know they like. Does that one slightly lower review score somehow affect your enjoyment of the game? Or change anything about it in general?

Honestly, now that Metroid Prime's metacritic score has dropped below 95, I think I have to cancel the game's presence in my list of favorites. It's clearly not worth it anymore. And it's all Jim's fault, now the game is ruined forever.

Chrkeller said:

Never liked Jim, even way before his BotW review. Personally I don't like it when a review focuses on anything other than the actual game. A recent Polygon review was god awful.

I think of Jim the same way I think of Yahtzee (Zero Punctuation). They're doing characters, and that's fine. But they shouldn't really be doing scores, since they're really doing more of commentary of the industry than evaluating a game strictly on its merits and they shouldn't be included in aggregate scores or anything like that.

mZuzek said:
Darashiva said:

Honestly, now that Metroid Prime's metacritic score has dropped below 95, I think I have to cancel the game's presence in my list of favorites. It's clearly not worth it anymore. And it's all Jim's fault, now the game is ruined forever.

I'm glad we can come to such a logical and rational conclusion about this matter. This is obviously the only correct decision here.

Darashiva said:

It's like one of user reviews which stated "it looks better on emulation on my steam deck, this one runs like crap and cannot maintain 30fps" and gave it a 0.

It is annoying to see such comments based on deliberate false stuff just to be more visible.

When I was in high school, my Latin teacher decided that we all needed to do a presentation, and the students would give grades. And there was one guy I didn't like, barely paid any attention on the nonsense he was saying. And then I gave him a bad review. And the teacher decided to not count my review. And she was right.

Same situation here.