By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Prime Remastered Reviews: 95 Metacritic / 95 Opencritic

Tagged games:

It's back and better than ever!! ^^

Around the Network

Tempted to buy a switch. Well i'll be picking one up when zelda launches, so i'll be sure to check this game out. Never played metroid before.

To anyone who has played the Wii version, how do the controls compare?

Jim strikes again, he gave it a 75/100, so the score got from 95 to 94

SKMBlake said:

It actually only dropped after gameblog.fr gave it a 9/10, but Jim was the main reason right before that.

I must say, I've read many Jimquisition review summaries on Metacritic and always found them ridiculously dumb focusing on all the wrong things. After his BotW review I thought that that isn't how a professional reviewer should be doing this. It's more like a Metacritic user review but without the 0.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
SKMBlake said:

It actually only dropped after gameblog.fr gave it a 9/10, but Jim was the main reason right before that.

I must say, I've read many Jimquisition review summaries on Metacritic and always found them ridiculously dumb focusing on all the wrong things. After his BotW review I thought that that isn't how a professional reviewer should be doing this. It's more like a Metacritic user review but without the 0.

It's not just the summaries that do that apparently. Just read the review and he spends about as much time writing about useless side notes as he does about the actual game. 

''While the remaster gives thanks to “the original Nintendo GameCube and Wii Version development staff,” that’s all it gives thanks to.''

Really? Fuck me, what's with people's massively fragile egos. The original developers are part of a team, that team is credited by the team that did the remaster, who belong to the same company and it's not enough. All the acknowledgement this game has received over the years isn't enough? There was 1 person on twitter from the original team who complained about it and now all these muppets want to hop on the bandwagon. Get over yourself.

EDIT:

''For fuck’s sake can all these wealthy game companies just do right by the people who make the very games they profit from? Just a little bit?''

next paragraph

''At $40, Metroid Prime Remastered isn’t a huge expense, but when you consider the Wii version contained all three games in the trilogy for $50 while separate remasters would amount to $120, the value prospect rather starkly drops off. It all comes down to your mileage, really - you may consider that sum a reasonable price for a glossier redo of such a regarded series. I’m not entirely sure I’m of that mind.''

anonymunchy said:
Kakadu18 said:

It's not just the summaries that do that apparently. Just read the review and he spends about as much time writing about useless side notes as he does about the actual game. 

''While the remaster gives thanks to “the original Nintendo GameCube and Wii Version development staff,” that’s all it gives thanks to.''

Really? Fuck me, what's with people's massively fragile egos. The original developers are part of a team, that team is credited by the team that did the remaster, who belong to the same company and it's not enough. All the acknowledgement this game has received over the years isn't enough? There was 1 person on twitter from the original team who complained about it and now all these muppets want to hop on the bandwagon. Get over yourself.

EDIT:

''For fuck’s sake can all these wealthy game companies just do right by the people who make the very games they profit from? Just a little bit?''

next paragraph

''At $40, Metroid Prime Remastered isn’t a huge expense, but when you consider the Wii version contained all three games in the trilogy for $50 while separate remasters would amount to $120, the value prospect rather starkly drops off. It all comes down to your mileage, really - you may consider that sum a reasonable price for a glossier redo of such a regarded series. I’m not entirely sure I’m of that mind.''

And none of this has anything to do with the game itself or it's quality. There are to many critics who think the price of the game should be considered when giving it a rating. I also hate it how he gets vulgar for no reason.

Never liked Jim, even way before his BotW review. Personally I don't like it when a review focuses on anything other than the actual game. A recent Polygon review was god awful.

Chrkeller said:

Never liked Jim, even way before his BotW review. Personally I don't like it when a review focuses on anything other than the actual game. A recent Polygon review was god awful.

The Bayonetta 3 one right?

Jim's Assassin's Creed II review on Destructoid is terrible (4.5/10). His Final Fantasy XIII review (4/10) sounds like he was extremely angry the whole time while writing it. And he didn't even finish the game. And it seems like that isn't unusual for him to not finish a game but write a review about it. He was shat on long before BotW. I found a 2010 article detailing some of this stuff and questioning the integrity of his reviews.

He gave Metroid Prime Remastered a lower score because the original development team isn't fully featured in the credits. That does not diminish the quality of the game in any way.

Kakadu18 said:
Chrkeller said:

The Bayonetta 3 one right?

Jim's Assassin's Creed II review on Destructoid is terrible (4.5/10). His Final Fantasy XIII review (4/10) sounds like he was extremely angry the whole time while writing it. And he didn't even finish the game. And it seems like that isn't unusual for him to not finish a game but write a review about it. He was shat on long before BotW. I found a 2010 article detailing some of this stuff and questioning the integrity of his reviews.

He gave Metroid Prime Remastered a lower score because the original development team isn't fully featured in the credits. That does not diminish the quality of the game in any way.

Hogwarts via polygon was awful imho.

And I agree.  Credits have nothing to do with Prime.  Just doesn't belong in the review.