By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct tomorrow (February 8th) - 2 PM PST / 11PM in Europe

BasilZero said:

I didnt watch the show live but read the highlights.

Love what I saw.

Still waiting for Zelda TP/WW to come out on Switch :(

I'm hoping for a Fire Emblem Tellius (PoR/RD) Collection, especially given the fact that almost every third party Gamecube RPG (Symphonia, Baten Kaitos, A Wonderful Life) plus Metroid Prime is coming out this year. 

And WW/TP. The Gamecube was an amazing Zelda machine.

Around the Network

I mean, if any of you are worried, Nintendo are probably going to hold a direct specifically for LoZ closer to the release date.

Soundwave said:

If there isn't a new Mario platformer this year I have to wonder what exactly is going on. Even just looking at EAD Toyko:

You do realize they release only 1 Super Mario 3D game per console usually, right ? And it's pretty much linked to the console itself everytime, serving as a tech demo kinda.

Super Mario 64 (relying on the N64 analog stick) - Nintendo 64

Super Mario Sunshine (and its dolphin shaped Delfino island) - Game Cube (project name Dolphin)

Super Mario Galaxy (relying on the Wiimote pointer) - Wii

Super Mario 3D World - Wii U

Super Mario Odyssey (relying on the HD rumble of the Joycons) - Switch

The sole exception being Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Unlike Zelda where 2 main Zelda per console isn't uncommon

NES - TLOZ and Zelda II

SNES - ALTTP

N64 - OOT and MM

GameCube - The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess

Wii - Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword

Wii U - BOTW

Switch - BOTW and TOTK

axumblade said:

I mean, if any of you are worried, Nintendo are probably going to hold a direct specifically for LoZ closer to the release date.

Oh it definitely will. If Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Splatoon 3 were big enough for their own Directs, Zelda is beyond big enough for its own Direct. 

Looking at the list of games the Direct had, it could probably be said to be one of the most balanced Directs in term of genre of games shown.

There was no people this time to complain about it cathering too much to RPG or farming sim fans only.

It might not have been a 10/10 Direct of all time type of deal. It was actually quite throughout its whole run time I'd say.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

There was no people this time to complain about it cathering too much to RPG or farming sim fans only.

If I recall correctly, they were actually Farming RPGs (which doesn't really make sense to me)

Some people are impossible to please.

This was a great Nintendo Direct. One of the best I can remember.

First up - Advance Wars finally has a new release date. Yay. The game should have come out ages ago. It is kind of a bummer we have to wait 2 more months but that is just how it goes.

Metroid Prime Remastered is a good surprise release, even though it had been rumored for a long time. I tried the original on Gamecube and wasn't a fan. I am willing to give the game another chance eventually. I think I will wait until the entire trilogy is available again. It would have been nice if all 3 were available for $60. $40 for one game is a bit iffy. Will be on the lookout for MP 4 news soon.

Game Boy and Game Boy Advance being available for NSO and NSO + Expansion Pack is another nice day of surprise, even if it had been long expected. I wish the lineup of games was more robust. But the possibilities are exciting. I am hoping Super Mario Land 1 will be available soon.

Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom of trailer didn't get me too excited. I hope the villain is someone other than Gannon. I'm sure the game will get its own Direct before launch. The new $70 price tag is BS though and not justified. Nintendo's communication of it was also lacking.

Pikmin 4 - i don't care about this game but good for those that do.

Kirby - I  have lost track of all the Kirby games on Switch.

Bayonetta Origins - Looks awful. I wish they didn't bother.

Everything else was okay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Yeah, I thought this Direct was very good with something for everyone during the first half of the year and plenty of opportunity for another big Direct to highlight the second half. People who think that Nintendo has somehow played their entire hand or that this is some kind of transition year for Switch I think might be in for a surprise.

I believe that 2023 is as big a year as any for Switch where Nintendo is concerned and I think that the big surprises missing from this Direct, like a new Mario and a new DK, are still to come.

Signalstar said:

Some people are impossible to please.

I don’t think that’s true. I’d say everyone here who wasn’t particularly thrilled with the Direct would have liked it more with better presentations. Speaking for myself (at least), I tend to enjoy most of Nintendo’s Directs, and also really like their Treehouse content. I’m a massive fan of Nintendo, and have been for over 35 years, but I’m not a cheerleader.

This Direct was 45 minutes featuring dozens of sub-mediocre presentations. Yes, a lot of games were listed off, but that’s it, 45 minutes to show a list. There wasn’t a single high quality preview or trailer. Nintendo can do better. They’ve done better. But this Direct was the epitome of quantity over quality.

(Someone must be thinking this)

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Signalstar said:

Kirby - I  have lost track of all the Kirby games on Switch.

Star allies

Fighters

Forgotten Land

Return to Dreamland Deluxe

If I'm not mistaken