By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console will sell more units in 2023?

Which console sells more?

Playstation 5 76 66.09%

Nintendo Switch 37 32.17%

Xbox Series 2 1.74%

Total:115

I'd be surprised if the Switch manages to keep its lead for another year, mostly because it doesn't have that great of a lineup remaining.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

The Switch forecast decrease is already making the poll results a bit funny.

Norion said:

Yeah no chance Switch is winning this.

Nintendo's FY 2022 forecast was 21 million Switch units. They revised down to 19 million, and now further down to 18 million.

Sony's FY 2022 forecast was 18 million, and they revised that up to 19 million. If both hit their forecasts, PS5 would win FY 2022, and in CY quarter 1 alone PS5 would lead by about 3 million units. This will not be close.

Kyuu said:
Norion said:

Yeah no chance Switch is winning this.

Nintendo's FY 2022 forecast was 21 million Switch units. They revised down to 19 million, and now further down to 18 million.

Sony's FY 2022 forecast was 18 million, and they revised that up to 19 million. If both hit their forecasts, PS5 would win FY 2022, and in CY quarter 1 alone PS5 would lead by about 3 million units. This will not be close.

An interesting discussion is if the gap is gonna be closer to 5m or 10m. I expect the former but can't discount the possibility of the latter with how much sales are gonna explode.

It would be very surprising if Switch won this. The forecast we get in April for the coming fiscal year will be very telling.

But yes currently with PlayStation forecasting to outship Switch in this fiscal year already it would be very unusual for Switch to outsell it in the calendar year.

PS5 stock will be plentiful and demand is high. Switch demand is dwindling as it comes to it's end.

PS5 sales should be 18m+ and I would expect Switch to drop to around the 16m mark.

Around the Network

I mean a younger system should be able to outdo a retirement age system.

PS5 should be in its peak year phase, Switch is hitting its 6th anniversary, it's old.

Like I would expect a 25 year pro athlete to outperform a 39 year old. 

Soundwave said:

I mean a younger system should be able to outdo a retirement age system.

PS5 should be in its peak year phase, Switch is hitting its 6th anniversary, it's old.

Like I would expect a 25 year pro athlete to outperform a 39 year old. 

Not the analogy I'd use but the Switch is more so in a smooth decline on pretty much every front so yeah, there's no expectation of it truly going against the current as far as we know ...

Unless the Mario Movie really do a Pokemon Go effect like that did with the 3DS.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I seriously dont know why people would vote for Switch or xbox. PS5 will sell around 20m with just Spiderman 2. With a slim model it could sell 25m. Switch would do well to sell 15m and Xbox 10m

Pinkie_pie said:

I seriously dont know why people would vote for Switch or xbox. PS5 will sell around 20m with just Spiderman 2. With a slim model it could sell 25m. Switch would do well to sell 15m and Xbox 10m

A large percentage of users in this page support Nintendo and believe the Bloomberg Rumour about them Upping production of the Switch because “pending demand” even tho the Switch is available everywhere and it’s a decreasing system. 

Pinkie_pie said:

Bias