By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console will sell more units in 2023?

Which console sells more?

Playstation 5 76 66.09%

Nintendo Switch 37 32.17%

Xbox Series 2 1.74%

Total:115
Pinkie_pie said:

I seriously dont know why people would vote for Switch or xbox. PS5 will sell around 20m with just Spiderman 2. With a slim model it could sell 25m. Switch would do well to sell 15m and Xbox 10m

I voted Switch because I think TotK and the Mario movie will boost sales. Not enough to reverse the decline, but enough to reduce it significantly, netting the system somewhere between 17-18M sales this year. I also don't think Sony will sell 20M and will be in the 16.5-17.5M area, as I expect Spider-man 2 to be delayed into 2024 and with rising inflation I doubt a Slim model would cut the price significantly or boost sales.
I wouldn't be shocked if your predictions happen as I think this year is tough to predict, but I feel comfortable in my suppositions.

Around the Network

Zelda is going to boost Swicht sales.
Starfield this year is going to boost Xbox sales,affecting Ps sales in some way.
Switch will win.

Switch will sell more than the other two combined.

I think it will be close between the PS5 and Switch. Now if the Activision deal goes through and Sony never agrees to the 10 year deal for COD, we may see all 3 sell very close to each other.

rapsuperstar31 said:

I think it will be close between the PS5 and Switch. Now if the Activision deal goes through and Sony never agrees to the 10 year deal for COD, we may see all 3 sell very close to each other.

The Activision deal (even if it goes through in its current form) will not put all three close together. Xbox is going to be a very distant third.

It's really a battle between PS5 and Switch.

Around the Network

PS5>Switch>Xbox Series

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

With improving PS5 stock in Europe, and the gap closing considerably in Japan, I don't see how PS5 loses this year. Switch is going to need a price cut to make this comparison more interesting, or another unforeseen disruption to Sony's supply chain/production to change the outcome.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Wow.

PotentHerbs said:

With improving PS5 stock in Europe, and the gap closing considerably in Japan, I don't see how PS5 loses this year. Switch is going to need a price cut to make this comparison more interesting, or another unforeseen disruption to Sony's supply chain/production to change the outcome.

Nintendo's president announced two days ago that there will be no changes to their Switch pricing, so while these things are subject to change it would seem that they are pretty much standing firm and the Switch will most likely like the PS4 hold it's pricing for the duration.

The days of price slashing seem to be a thing of the past and the thinking is that the changing face of gaming with ecosystems being at the fore means hardware price cutting is no longer seen as being vital when it comes to competing with other console makers like it once was, so we are now seeing prices remaining pretty stable outside of sales.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Kyuu said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Wow.

No need to be shocked since I assume that your familiar with his posting history, and  if so I would have thought that a quick I see the therapy is still not working  comment would have covered it.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot