By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console will sell more units in 2023?

Which console sells more?

Playstation 5 76 66.09%

Nintendo Switch 37 32.17%

Xbox Series 2 1.74%

Total:115
kazuyamishima said:

After Nintendo’s forecast, Does anybody still thinks the Switch will sell more than the PS5 in 2023??

Interestingly that post "Switch will sell more than the other two combined" isn't completely unfeasible... for the PS5.

In terms of FY, 25m forecast for PS5, 15m forecast for Switch. So if they both met forecast and Xbox Series shipped less than 10m which seems reasonable then PS5 would do it for the FY.

I don't think it'll do it for the CY but yeah this year will be a PS5 domination.

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
psychicscubadiver said:

I voted Switch because I think TotK and the Mario movie will boost sales. Not enough to reverse the decline, but enough to reduce it significantly, netting the system somewhere between 17-18M sales this year. I also don't think Sony will sell 20M and will be in the 16.5-17.5M area, as I expect Spider-man 2 to be delayed into 2024 and with rising inflation I doubt a Slim model would cut the price significantly or boost sales.
I wouldn't be shocked if your predictions happen as I think this year is tough to predict, but I feel comfortable in my suppositions.

Sorry but PS5 will sell at least 20m this year

No need to be sorry; ya win some, ya lose some.
Given their first quarter results PS5 does indeed look like it will cruise comfortably past 20M.

kazuyamishima said:

After Nintendo’s forecast, Does anybody still thinks the Switch will sell more than the PS5 in 2023??

Yeah... no.

I based my prediction on Nintendo being able to ship more Switch's, the PS5's peak not being until next year, and Xbox giving PS a bit of a challenge in NA; none of which appear to be happening.

No matter what Nintendo (or Microsoft) does at this point:  6m+ lead for the PS5 over Switch, guaranteed.

archbrix said:
kazuyamishima said:

Yeah... no.

I based my prediction on Nintendo being able to ship more Switch's, the PS5's peak not being until next year, and Xbox giving PS a bit of a challenge in NA; none of which appear to be happening.

No matter what Nintendo (or Microsoft) does at this point:  6m+ lead for the PS5 over Switch, guaranteed.

Decent chance 2024 will top 2023 to become PS5's peak year:

1. Permanent price drop.

2. The revision's first full year (Essentially all PS5's will be upgradable Digital Editions).

3. Less forced bundles.

4. PS5 Pro.

5. GTA6.

Kyuu said:
archbrix said:

Yeah... no.

1. Permanent price drop.

2. The revision's first full year (Essentially all PS5's will be upgradable Digital Editions).

3. Less forced bundles.

4. PS5 Pro.

5. GTA6.

Only need GTA6 on that list for PS5's peak year 

Around the Network

Xbox Series

LOL

TheLegendaryBigBoss said:

Xbox Series

LOL

Xbox Series LOL ? Which model is that ?

archbrix said:
kazuyamishima said:

Yeah... no.

I don't even think this year will be PS5's peak year. Believe this year the cheapest PS5 available will still cost $399. Next year though, I expect that to be $299.

Kyuu said:
archbrix said:

Yeah... no.

1. Permanent price drop.

3. Less forced bundles.

4. PS5 Pro.

5. GTA6.

Intrinsic said:

I don't even think this year will be PS5's peak year. Believe this year the cheapest PS5 available will still cost $399. Next year though, I expect that to be $299.

That's what I had said originally, noting factors like GTA6, and it's certainly still possible.

I don't know about $299 next year, but in any case, two 20m+ years for PS5 for sure.

Last edited by archbrix - on 11 May 2023

A quick update -
As of May 1st the PS5 has a commanding lead. The figures for 2023 (so far) are:
PS5 - 6 877 176
NS - 5 067 348
XBS- 2 022 448

It is worth mentioning that in the month of April the Switch was the best selling console. It's also reasonable to expect that the Switch will get a large sales bump when the May 12th Zelda release is included in the data. It's unlikely this would enable the Switch to catch up but it's worth mentioning. I think at this point it would take a price cut from the Switch to keep up with the sales of PS5.