By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console will sell more units in 2023?

Which console sells more?

Playstation 5 76 66.09%

Nintendo Switch 37 32.17%

Xbox Series 2 1.74%

Total:115
mjk45 said:
Kyuu said:

Wow.

No need to be shocked since I assume that your familiar with his posting history, and  if so I would have thought that a quick I see the therapy is still not working  comment would have covered it.

My man doesn't cease surprising me with funny takes. I thought January numbers would have him reconsider but nope, a fighter to the end! I look forward to his 2024 takes.

Around the Network

I've gotta say - I've been impressed (and a little surprised) how hard Sony came out of the blocks in January. Sure, actually getting the console on shelves makes a huge difference to sales but whether those numbers can be sustained is debateable.
January 2023 numbers -
PS5 - 1 257 932
NS - 1 140 489
XBS -456 921

For context the sales from 2022 were
NS - 19 265 864
PS5 -13 524 232
XBS -9 159 399

This could be a huge turnaround. (full disclosure, I voted for the NS in the poll.)

Who are the two trolls ?

CloudxTifa said:

Who are the two trolls ?

The system will be down YoY for possible the first 6 months of 2023. Still surprised how 2 users voted for it to win for this year.

But what surprises me more is the fact that a lot of users in this site voted for the Switch to sell more, even if the decline will be around 20-30% for this year compared to 2022 and stock for the PS5 in the January-September 2022 period was awful. 

Last edited by kazuyamishima - on 28 February 2023

I imagine most people who voted for Switch have changed their minds by now. Two months in and PS5 already has around a 1m lead on Switch.

Around the Network
kazuyamishima said:
CloudxTifa said:

Who are the two trolls ?

The system will be down YoY for possible the first 6 months of 2023. Still surprised how 2 users voted for it to win for this year.

But what surprises me more is the fact that a lot of users in this site voted for the Switch to sell more, even if the decline will be around 20-30% for this year compared to 2022 and stock for the PS5 in the January-September 2022 period was awful. 

Zelda could have a big impact on Switch sales ans shortages might come back during the holiday season. Also Switch tends to have better holiday seasons and they could throw in a pricecut for better hardware sales. The Switch could still compete with PS5 this year, though in general PS5 should be able to win this.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Most likely it'll be the PS5 but I think the switch has a small outside shot with ToTK OLED releasing and whatever unannounced games they have for the holiday season this year. Anyone who voted for the Xbox is either trolling or uninformed

I like it when my mom goes out of town because I get to sleep on her side of the bed. -William Montgomery

PS5 will be the best selling console in 2023 no doubt. I'm surprised over 36% think switch would beat the PS5 this year

psychicscubadiver said:
Pinkie_pie said:

I seriously dont know why people would vote for Switch or xbox. PS5 will sell around 20m with just Spiderman 2. With a slim model it could sell 25m. Switch would do well to sell 15m and Xbox 10m

I voted Switch because I think TotK and the Mario movie will boost sales. Not enough to reverse the decline, but enough to reduce it significantly, netting the system somewhere between 17-18M sales this year. I also don't think Sony will sell 20M and will be in the 16.5-17.5M area, as I expect Spider-man 2 to be delayed into 2024 and with rising inflation I doubt a Slim model would cut the price significantly or boost sales.
I wouldn't be shocked if your predictions happen as I think this year is tough to predict, but I feel comfortable in my suppositions.

Sorry but PS5 will sell at least 20m this year

After Nintendo’s forecast, Does anybody still thinks the Switch will sell more than the PS5 in 2023??