By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network

Doooooope easter egg room! A lot of Halo Wars references lately with the new content update and more with the new easter egg room. Interesting....Ske7ch did mention they're working on multiple new projects. I can't imagine they're ALL FPS titles. Plus, Creative Assembly is in a bit of slump lately lol I'm sure they could use the extra work.

shikamaru317 said:
VersusEvil said:

It’s a bot guys ..cmon now.

If Hellobion is a bot, it is a very cleverly designed one. In addition to commenting in threads and article comments with messages tailor made to fit with the theme of the thread or article (and sometimes not directly pertaining to the theme, for instance saying he wants a Star Trek game announcement at the PS State of Play on Wednesday), Hellobion also rates games, adds games to GameDB, has added friends, likes posts, makes spelling and grammatical and capitalization errors, logs out of the site at times, and only posts on average 4 times per day (less than many of the accounts on this site, including me, I average 10 posts a day over a decade on the site).

Quite a clever piece of engineering if that is the case. If if is a bot, what would be the point of designing it? Most bots are used for advertising, but Hellobion would have long since been permabanned by the mods if it was posting advertisements, but Hellobion is instead posing as an actual user if it is a bot. Hellobion even has paid supporter status, why spend money on a fake AI account instead of building an AI designed to make yourself money instead? Somebody testing out a project for their College AI class or something, trying to make an AI that can pose as a human for an experiment?

Since the account was set up it has posted in numerical patterns.  The miss spellings and attempts at trying to appear engaged can easily be programmed for it to appear to have some fallacies and interactions.  I have yet to see it actually engage in any meaningful way to prove the contrary.

If it was allowed to just run all day long the posts counts would be through the roof and attract too much attention.  To me it appears to be some kind of an engagement bot,  trying to create more activity on the site.  

Barozi said:
VersusEvil said:

It’s a bot guys ..cmon now.

Why would a bot have supporter status?

The bot would not have set up his own account.  And what better way is there to make camouflage to be able exist longer before being banned, or to just be able to give the impression that it's one of us.  

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

I am not a bot. Just have a lot of energy because of anxiety disorder.

BiON!@ 

hellobion2 said:

I am not a bot. Just have a lot of energy because of anxiety disorder.

Well we're all Xbots here.

Around the Network

I’m finding BG3 act 3 to be pretty buggy, very choppy in parts. Should have my 3rd netherstone today so looking to finish my first run by Friday. This is a straight 9/10 so far.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

VersusEvil said:

I’m finding BG3 act 3 to be pretty buggy, very choppy in parts. Should have my 3rd netherstone today so looking to finish my first run by Friday. This is a straight 9/10 so far.

What is this abomination in your avatar? Lae'zel has a completely different skin color. I cannot stand for this human-washing, Lae'zel can proudly wear the colors of her people!

vs.

(nice that you seem to enjoy the game, despite the late game problems)

Last edited by Mnementh - on 31 January 2024

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
VersusEvil said:

What is this abomination in your avatar? Lae'zel has a completely different skin color. I cannot stand for this human-washing, Lae'zel can proudly wear the colors of her people!

vs.

(nice that you seem to enjoy the game, despite the late game problems)

It’s just the lighting bro ;)

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Reliable leaker Tom Henderson over on Insider Gaming has reported on Ubisoft's upcoming release schedule:

Fiscal 2025 1st half (April-September 2024)- Star Wars Outlaws
Fiscal 2025 2nd half (October 2024-March 2025)- AC Red (Japan)
Fiscal 2026- Far Cry 7 (singleplayer extraction game to rescue multiple kidnapped family member within a time limit)
Fiscal 2026- Far Cry multiplayer extraction shooter (fictional Alaska based setting)
Fiscal 2026- Ghost Recon Project Naiman (set during fictional Naiman War)
Fiscal 2026- AC Hexe (Holy Roman Empire circa 1500's)
Fiscal 2026- AC Invictus (multiplayer game)
Fiscal 2026- Splinter Cell remake

Beyond Fiscal 2026

-AC4 Black Flag Remake and several other planned Assassin's Creed games
-New IP set during WW2 (extraction shooter, release in 2026 or 2027)
-The Division: Heartland
-Beyond Good and Evil 2 (he reports it is still nowhere close to release even though it was announced middle of last gen)

He also reported on player numbers and revenue for 3 recent Ubisoft releases:

-AC Mirage: 5m players, $250m revenue in just under 4 months. It sold comparably to the most recent classic formula AC game, Syndicate, which sold 4.1m in about 3 months, but seems to have sold less than the 3 RPG AC games, which each hit well over 10m sales lifetime, with Valhalla the highest among them,  passing $1b in revenue in about 1 year and 2 months, 4 times where AC Mirage revenue stands after nearly 4 months.

-Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora- 1.9m players in less than 2 months, $133m revenue. Sold less than Ubisoft Massive's previous 2 games, The Division 1 and 2, which made $330m and $264m respectively in revenue in a similar time period, well above the $133m for Avatar.

-Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown- 300k players in about 2 weeks, estimated $15m in revenue. Ubisoft is apparently disappointed that the strong reviews did not translate into strong sales.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 31 January 2024

Started playing Go Mecha Ball and stopped after about an 1 hour. The controls for this game don't feel good, especially switching between ball and shooting mechanic. On the other hand, Turnip Boy Robs a Bank is wonderful. I'm almost finished with the game.