By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Discussion Thread – The 13th Annual Greatest Games Event

Sign-Up Thread  |  The Official ThreadThe Discussion Thread  |  The Results Thread

Welcome to the 13th Annual Greatest Games Event! The Discussion Thread here is where everyone can talk about their top 50 games, and also where we'll be trying to guess each other's games in the customary guessing game. I used the word "game" a lot there, but I suppose it's the spirit.

• All discussion is to be had in this thread. The Official Thread is only for posting our lists, once.

• I encourage everyone to ask questions and spark discussion. These are our favorite games of all time after all, and don't be shy to tell others why a certain game is so great, or to ask another user why their game made it on the list. The more discussion, the better!

• That said, please keep things civil and fun. There is no room in this thread for flaming others or trolling games/systems. Which, to be fair, hasn't been a problem in many years, but it'd be nice if it continued that way.

• Follow the table below to know which day we're on:

November 12th Game #50
November 13th Game #49
November 14th Game #48
November 15th Game #47
November 16th Game #46
November 17th Game #45
November 18th Game #44
November 19th Game #43
November 20th Game #42
November 21st Game #41
November 22nd Game #40
November 23rd Game #39
November 24th Game #38
November 25th Game #37
November 26th Game #36
November 27th Game #35
November 28th Game #34
November 29th Game #33
November 30th Game #32
December 1st Game #31
December 2nd Game #30
December 3rd Game #29
December 4th Game #28
December 5th Game #27
December 6th Game #26
December 7th Game #25
December 8th Game #24
December 9th Game #23
December 10th Game #22
December 11th Game #21
December 12th Game #20
December 13th Game #19
December 14th Game #18
December 15th Game #17
December 16th Game #16
December 17th Game #15
December 18th Game #14
December 19th Game #13
December 20th Game #12
December 21st Game #11
December 22nd Game #10
December 23rd Game #9
December 24th Game #8
December 25th Game #7
December 26th Game #6
December 27th Game #5
December 28th Game #4
December 29th Game #3
December 30th Game #2
December 31st Game #1

Links to the past:

2010: Sign-Ups / Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2011: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2012: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2013: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2014: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2015: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2016: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2017: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2018: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2019: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2010-2019 Decade Celebration!!
2020: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2021: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread

(Threads from 2018-2021 are broken right now but hopefully they'll be back soon)

Well there you have it, discuss away!

Last edited by mZuzek - on 16 January 2023

Around the Network

Well well well, here we are once again.

I need to work on that list soon!

Signature goes here!

Uhm, my list in works, I send it in soon.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Seems like I just did this a few days ago but here we are again! TAG

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

I was MIA in last year’s discussion thread so I will do my best to be more active this year :)

I was hoping to finish replaying the two Homeworld games before submitting my list but I don't think I'm going to have time to do that (only half way through the first game and playing at most like an hour a day), so I'll keep them where they are and re-assess them for next year's list.

My top 50 is pretty much the same, except for the inclusion of Elden Ring (and the knock-on effect of bumping everything below it down a rank) and some minor re-ordering, so I probably won't do clues this year. But I'll guess others' and hopefully spend more time this year posting about my favourite games and perhaps games that show up on other lists but which narrowly missed out being on my own.

My list changed significantly with a whole bunch of new games on there spread across the whole thing and a lot of re-ordering.
I will take part in the guessing game and give clues but I won't write long essays on every game on my list, at least I will trie not to. I need my precious sleep.

As much as I've barely anything new to put on my list, for some reason it was still pretty tough to settle on it, but I finally finished it. To be fair maybe having barely anything new to list might actually make it harder to make the list, rather than easier - I've been getting a bit frustrated with how stale the list looks, like, sometimes I just want those bottom-third games gone entirely, but then I didn't play anywhere near enough new games this year to help with that. Guess that'll have to be my mission for next year.

Also, I'm still figuring it out, but this year I'm planning to use music cues as hints. Uhh, hopefully people have patience to listen to stuff or else I'm having nothing guessed

Machina said:

I was hoping to finish replaying the two Homeworld games before submitting my list but I don't think I'm going to have time to do that (only half way through the first game and playing at most like an hour a day), so I'll keep them where they are and re-assess them for next year's list.

My top 50 is pretty much the same, except for the inclusion of Elden Ring (and the knock-on effect of bumping everything below it down a rank) and some minor re-ordering, so I probably won't do clues this year. But I'll guess others' and hopefully spend more time this year posting about my favourite games and perhaps games that show up on other lists but which narrowly missed out being on my own.

I think I've added like 4 games this year and have tossed things up in terms of order a lot! and yes, Elden Ring is a huge part of that. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android