By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Discussion Thread – The 13th Annual Greatest Games Event

TheWalrusCaesar said:

Coming back to this post just to say I am absolutely thrilled to see what next year’s results are gonna look like.

Obviously Tears of the Kingdom is gonna be a huge change I cant wait to see. For me the biggest thing I am very excited to see is where the RE4 Remake ends up considering where the original is

Nice bump haha

I still know nothing about Resident Evil or its remakes but this is another one that should probably be counted as a separate game, right?

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
TheWalrusCaesar said:

Coming back to this post just to say I am absolutely thrilled to see what next year’s results are gonna look like.

Obviously Tears of the Kingdom is gonna be a huge change I cant wait to see. For me the biggest thing I am very excited to see is where the RE4 Remake ends up considering where the original is

Nice bump haha

I still know nothing about Resident Evil or its remakes but this is another one that should probably be counted as a separate game, right?

I haven't played it myself, but I have seen enough videos to know it really is its own game.  There were plenty of changes from the original.  I would say it should be listed as a separate game.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

mZuzek said:
TheWalrusCaesar said:

Nice bump haha

Oh yea definitely. Its more similar to the og than RE2R but nonetheless is an almost completely different experience with different positives in different areas. (Spoilers both versions will make my list! And the remake higher too!)

TheWalrusCaesar said:

I'm super interested in where Tears of the Kingdom lands. @Machina and I were actually chatting about this the other day.

Based on what I've seen on the forum, the majority of folks prefer TotK to BotW. And while I'm normally bearish on a brand new title claiming the top spot, BotW did exactly that in its first year of eligibility.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
TheWalrusCaesar said:

I'm super interested in where Tears of the Kingdom lands. @Machina and I were actually chatting about this the other day.

Based on what I've seen on the forum, the majority of folks prefer TotK to BotW. And while I'm normally bearish on a brand new title claiming the top spot, BotW did exactly that in its first year of eligibility.

I also think ToTK is better than BOTW, will be very very high on my list but I have a feeling it wont surpass this year due to less ppl likely being able to play it in time