By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What die hard Fan base do you hate the most, Be it Comics, anime, movies or game companys, console makers, phones etc..

I don't really hate any specific fan base, though I do find the behavior of many just ridiculous. I suppose the most recent one that comes to mind is a certain section of the Lord of the Rings fan base that decided that the Rings of Power show would suck months before it was even out. Now that it's out, and the reviews are saying it's fine, maybe even good, they're complaining how the reviewers have been bought, everyone who likes the show is a shill for Amazon, and other similar nonsense. I haven't even watched the show myself, but I do find it hilarious how obsessed some people can get about hating something.

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:

I'm probably saying this because gaming has been my life-long hobby and I'm very familiar with it, but I'm going to say: People who are militant supporters of a single gaming platform.

Brand loyalties and preferences are going to exist. Not everyone can afford and/or doesn't want anything besides their preferred platform. Them liking their system of choice is understandable. And most people who are single-platform are probably pretty chill about it.

But then you get the militants, the vocal minority who simply couldn't stop at simply liking a system. It apparently has to be part of their identity as a human. If someone else says something that falls short of the most glowing praise of their preferred brand, it's perceived as a personal attack upon them. Also, they feel they have to actively hate all other brands, and continually criticize and insult other platforms and their fans. They fail to realize that it's just an expensive toy made by a corporation that only sees us as wallets with mobile meat puppets attached to them.

I guess being privileged enough to be a multiplatform guy had long insulated me from the mentality of militant platform loyalists, but when I saw how heated things could get online, I saw how awful it could get. Things escalate. Grudges are held as communities divide against themselves. People are subject to flaming and harassment. Bans get issued by moderators. It happens on gaming forums all over the web, this one included. And it happens all over a piece of plastic.

Thank you! Couldn't have said it better.

More of a anti-fan base.

People that hate Apple products. Just blind hate and ”apple bad”. Their entire life style revolves around telling everyone how stupid they are if they happen to use a product made by apple.

Nintendo fans are terrible, Sony fans are terrible, Undertale fans are terrible, Harry Potter fans are way too cringey and terrible, Marvel/Disney fans are a travesty to this world, honestly can't believe they even exist. So many awful fandoms out there.

Spindel said:

More of a anti-fan base.

People that hate Apple products. Just blind hate and ”apple bad”. Their entire life style revolves around telling everyone how stupid they are if they happen to use a product made by apple.

Same, and also people that hate on Nintendo for everything they do.

Around the Network

Fanboys of any gaming platform.

Don't hate any fan base.. though overzealous fanboys/girls and corporate bootlickers are annoying AF.

S.Peelman said:
sethnintendo said:

You are full of shit.  Diablo 1 took like 5 years to release on Mac.  No one was gaming on Macs besides maybe you.  They were a dead company before ms bailed them out and they made those stupid color see through Macs.  Can't fault them on that though because I bought a see through GBA which I still own.

Sigh.

What kind of nonsense response is this? Then don’t believe me. I don’t care.

To bring this all back to the topic of this thread, I wonder now is it the Apple ‘fanclub’ that is so bad, or is the anti-Apple fanclub even worse if it’s cheap shots like this?

You guys actually gave me an answer for this thread. The anti-Apple fanclub, I mean, with Zero this started civil but with answers like this, some of you seem to just hate to hate. I won’t respond anymore, because why should I waste my time.

K I'll be more polite and understanding.   Please tell me what apple hardware sales were in mid 90s and let me know how much software you saw for apple computers in the 90s on store shelves.  If I remember correctly apple products were right next to the shovelware 100 games in one for PC aisle.  It took up about 5 steps.

Also let's fast forward to present and wonder how many games are ported to Mac OS   To my knowledge most of you have to dual boot windows because even steam doesn't have that many Mac games.

Only people that were gaming on macs in 90s were people like me playing doom on macs provided to school during basic programming class.

Last edited by sethnintendo - on 17 September 2022

Sonic fans are pretty toxic. So much back-and-forth bickering between the Adventure games being the best thing since sliced bread to "LUL, NAW, DA EDVENTIR SEYREZ REWYND SANEK!" It seems, no matter what Sega and Sonic Team do with 3D Sonic, they can never 100% please this fanbase. Even Sonic Generations, arguably the best 3D Sonic game has its share of haters from the Adventure fanbase who are hating it just to spite the Adventure haters and vice versa. There's a reason the Sonic fanbase is widely-considered the worst of all gaming fandoms, it's almost like they actively look for something to gripe about. I already see Sonic fans trying to discredit Masahiro Sakurai (former Smash and Kirby dev)'s praise of Sonic Frontiers, calling him a lowly dev who hasn't made anything memorable in years, hence his opinion means shit.

sethnintendo said:

Also let's fast forward to present and wonder how many games are ported to Mac OS   To my knowledge most of you have to dual boot windows because even steam doesn't have that many Mac games.

Only people that were gaming on macs in 90s were people like me playing doom on macs provided to school during basic programming class.

There are almost 15,000 macOS-games on Steam:

Over 20,000 games according to the MobyGames database: https://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/macintosh/full,3/

Last edited by Conina - on 18 September 2022