By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What die hard Fan base do you hate the most, Be it Comics, anime, movies or game companys, console makers, phones etc..

Basically any fanboys. From my experience the most annoying ones are Marvel, Star Wars, Sony/Playstation. Also, for some bizarre reasons, Google/Android fans, out of nowhere, making fun of iPhone users like me, for the most nonsensical reasons I've ever heard. Maybe I'm getting old, but some people have way too much time on their hands and made some serious emotional investments in for profit companies that don't give a toss about them.

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:
zero129 said:

Nope . However i did get an Iphone a few years ago and quickly came to the realization i needed to change back to android

Honestly how apple fans can pay more for a closed off system thats worse in almost everyway compared to cheaper android devices is beyond me.

and their fans eat it up every time.

I remember a friend of mine in the late 2000's signing a 2 year contract to get the latest iPhone, buying out said contract the following year in order to get that years latest iPhone while signing another 2 year contract to do so lol. This process continued year after year until 2 year contracts finally became a thing of the past. Now he takes advantage of programs that lets you pay monthly for your iPhone, then allows you to upgrade to the next years iPhone, while continuing to pay monthly for it

This guy loves throwing money out of the window.

Xbox fans. Because no matter what you say, it's always "yeah but Sony..."

zero129 said:

What fan base annoy you the most.

For me its defo Apple fans. I mean they are willing to pay over price prices for shitty devices and be locked into a shitty eco system.

Then you don't like me.

Though I'm not a 'fanatic', macOS or iPhone are way better than the alternative. The user experience and reliability of Mac is lightyears beyond Windows, and always has been. I've had Mac since our first Performa back in 1995 running Mac OS 8, and every version since beat every contemporary Windows version easily and handily. Sure there have been ups and downs, and I wouldn't deny there's been some questionable stuff (like how my 2019 i7 MBP doesn't have certain minor features in the newest update because you need an M1 Mac, but I'd call it lazyness instead), but it has always just worked without question. And in an intuitive and smart way, unlike Windows. It's not that I don't know how Windows works, I've used those about as much as Mac computers over the years, but Windows is just dumb in comparison, and I always get pissed off at. To me, the computers aren't really "overpriced" (I mean, obviously I'd like to pay less, but that goes for everything), because I'll pay for a better experience. Better to be happy with something expensive, than to be pissed off at something cheap.

Concerning iPhones, it's a similar thing. Android is worse than iOS. It's complicated, unintuitive and convoluted. Like Windows, it's a mess, and iOS is clean. Again though, I wouldn't deny fair criticism, iOS and the hardware can sometimes be slow in adapting certain new features. I admit, my experience with Android phones is much more limited than my experience with Windows comparatively. However, regardless iPhones would be the more logical choice, because the synergy of Macs with iPhones is flawless. The biggest pro with having stuff by a single manufacturer, and the total opposite of 'shitty ecosystem'. If anything, with Apple you'll actually have an ecosystem at all, instead of loosely connected devices that you have to go through hoops (I count everything that doesn't work instantly and seamlessly like Apple products do with each other as 'jumping through hoops') to get them to work together in any acceptable way. The seamlessness of Apple devices is undeniably unmatched.

I'm not one of those people that buys a new phone every year and definitely aren't stupid enough to wait in line. I'd just go get something a day later, but whatever. I'm still sporting an iPhone 8, and before that had an iPhone 5. I'll be skipping the upcoming iPhone 14 at least, and will decide next year if my 8 needs replacement. I will give you however, that Apple now is worse than when Steve Jobs was still alive.

IcaroRibeiro said:

Star Wars fans are unbearable. You can't have a normal discussion with them, because everything is surround by negativity. You can't just share you're enjoying a new movie ou a new show, because they all sucks, it will tank and bomb and destroy the franchise and blablabla

Which makes me wonder why they even think the Original Trilogy was such a masterpiece in first place. It was a goofy action adventure family movie, and SW fans thread that like it was the finest piece of art made in human history and therefore everything that came later sucks hard

As someone who loves Star Wars and understanding accepts it's just a common piece of mainstream movie media, deal with Star Wars fandom makes the most unpleasant experience when it comes to being part of a fandom

No wonder why SW moviegoers are a bunch of 50 years old boomers

I'm with you on that, and I'm a big Star Wars fan. While the Original Trilogy does still reign supreme it's not as if the new stuff is all bad. Revenge of the Sith has been great since it released, and of the Disney era Rogue One is excellent, one of my favourites. So is The Mandalorian, which is pretty much what you want to see in this franchise, and The Clone Wars. The ending of Clone Wars is, wow. Even Book of Boba Fett, The Bad Batch and the new Obi-Wan Kenobi series are fine (though Obi-Wan needs a couple episodes to get going). Boba Fett is maybe more of a Mandalorian season 2.5 instead of it's own series, but eh, why not.

I do have to say, I watched the Solo movie again a couple of days ago, and that one is a bit mediocre. It feels unnecessary, and I'm not sure it actually fits in the overal storyline, because it doesn't really make much sense and it doesn't feel like the Han Solo from the original movies experienced the things from the Solo movie. He's.. different. The big culprits though are the numbered movies; Episode 7, 8 and 9. I agree on that. I can't bring myself to consider them canon, because those definitely don't feel like they belong in the complete storyline. Let alone the problems they have by themselves.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 02 September 2022

zero129 said:

(..) So to me you have been brain washed to believe that since you pay more your getting Quality when in fact its just not true. your getting the same as i am (Less even when it comes to gaming etc) but paying more for it. Cant agree with you on this dude sorry.

Are you sure you're not the one that's brainwashed?

Around the Network

I properly going to go with Apple fanboys like others have mention. I still remember how all the apple users at work made fun of how big my Samsung Note was, and then every single one of them had a iPhone XS Max the day it was released.

My experience is if you bring up any feature to a apple fanboy that apple don't have they just tell you there no need for that feature but then as soon as that feature get added it suddenly the greatest thing ever.

There are plenty of things wrong with android/windows but my experience is that no windows/android user try to justify that missing feature or bug is not a problem. They just do there best to find a work around which at least usually possible through moding etc. Want your windows 7 start menu back there a program for that. Missing a feature on android there probably a mod for that.

IcaroRibeiro said:

Star Wars fans are unbearable. You can't have a normal discussion with them, because everything is surround by negativity. You can't just share you're enjoying a new movie ou a new show, because they all sucks, it will tank and bomb and destroy the franchise and blablabla

Which makes me wonder why they even think the Original Trilogy was such a masterpiece in first place. It was a goofy action adventure family movie, and SW fans thread that like it was the finest piece of art made in human history and therefore everything that came later sucks hard

As someone who loves Star Wars and understanding accepts it's just a common piece of mainstream movie media, deal with Star Wars fandom makes the most unpleasant experience when it comes to being part of a fandom

No wonder why SW moviegoers are a bunch of 50 years old boomers

I'll talk about the movies here.

It's simple: while neither the OG trilogy or the prequels were cinema masterpieces by any means (or at least most of them aren't), they were a consistent and mostly cohesive story that wanted to be told by its creator. More than just making money, there was a will by George Lucas of creating the tale of Anakin Skywalker: his origins, his descend to the darkside as Darth Vader and his eventual redemption thanks to his son Luke, who went on his own personal journey were he met both success and utter faliure. 

But since Disney took over... There seems like there's no clear direction for the franchise. The sequels were a mess as a trilogy: they were not created with a focused story in mind and they just went on with whathever they came up with along the way. Not to mention both TLJ and RoS as movies are terribly constructed.

At least that's how I see it. 

Marvel. The movies aren’t that great. It’s a lot of rehashing the same story in a different universe. Just tired of the constant super hero crap. It’s getting old.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

S.Peelman said:
zero129 said:

What fan base annoy you the most.

For me its defo Apple fans. I mean they are willing to pay over price prices for shitty devices and be locked into a shitty eco system.

Then you don't like me.

Though I'm not a 'fanatic', macOS or iPhone are way better than the alternative. The user experience and reliability of Mac is lightyears beyond Windows, and always has been. I've had Mac since our first Performa back in 1995 running Mac OS 8, and every version since beat every contemporary Windows version easily and handily. Sure there have been ups and downs, and I wouldn't deny there's been some questionable stuff (like how my 2019 i7 MBP doesn't have certain minor features in the newest update because you need an M1 Mac, but I'd call it lazyness instead), but it has always just worked without question. And in an intuitive and smart way, unlike Windows. It's not that I don't know how Windows works, I've used those about as much as Mac computers over the years, but Windows is just dumb in comparison, and I always get pissed off at. To me, the computers aren't really "overpriced" (I mean, obviously I'd like to pay less, but that goes for everything), because I'll pay for a better experience. Better to be happy with something expensive, than to be pissed off at something cheap.

Concerning iPhones, it's a similar thing. Android is worse than iOS. It's complicated, unintuitive and convoluted. Like Windows, it's a mess, and iOS is clean. Again though, I wouldn't deny fair criticism, iOS and the hardware can sometimes be slow in adapting certain new features. I admit, my experience with Android phones is much more limited than my experience with Windows comparatively. However, regardless iPhones would be the more logical choice, because the synergy of Macs with iPhones is flawless. The biggest pro with having stuff by a single manufacturer, and the total opposite of 'shitty ecosystem'. If anything, with Apple you'll actually have an ecosystem at all, instead of loosely connected devices that you have to go through hoops (I count everything that doesn't work instantly and seamlessly like Apple products do with each other as 'jumping through hoops') to get them to work together in any acceptable way. The seamlessness of Apple devices is undeniably unmatched.

I'm not one of those people that buys a new phone every year and definitely aren't stupid enough to wait in line. I'd just go get something a day later, but whatever. I'm still sporting an iPhone 8, and before that had an iPhone 5. I'll be skipping the upcoming iPhone 14 at least, and will decide next year if my 8 needs replacement. I will give you however, that Apple now is worse than when Steve Jobs was still alive.

Bold: How in the world? That's literally just downright false.

Kakadu18 said:

Bold: How in the world? That's literally just downright false.

Not in my experience compared to iOS.