By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What die hard Fan base do you hate the most, Be it Comics, anime, movies or game companys, console makers, phones etc..

zero129 said:

I do like you still , But i have been using Windows since 98 and i can honestly say i have never had any real problems or more problems then i read about Mac users. So to me you have been brain washed to believe that since you pay more your getting Quality when in fact its just not true. your getting the same as i am (Less even when it comes to gaming etc) but paying more for it. Cant agree with you on this dude sorry.

Couldn't agree more.

My wife used to have a MacBook Pro (2009) and it was the most useless piece of hardware I've ever seen. Not only were the specs worse than my sub 500 Euro Windows laptop I had at that time, it also had severe hardware issues shortly after the warranty ran out.

At first the MagSafe power adapter stopped working (no visible damage) and I had to buy a new one for a horrendous price of 80 Euro. Then only a few weeks later all USB ports (well there were only two) and the SD card slot would stop functioning. After that when booting up the MacBook, there was a 50/50 chance for the display to show anything. Obviously I re-installed different types of MacOS to see if that fixed anything but nope.

Apple is very expensive, a massive amount of that money goes straight into Apple's pockets. I don't know why anyone would donate hundreds of Euros or Dollars to a trillion dollar company but a lot of people do. And the quality is nowhere to be found. Btw. that was just hardware. Software-wise iTunes is the worst piece of shit I ever had to use (MacBook and iPod).

Around the Network

I don’t think I hate any fanbases in general. Specifically there are certain individuals that represent their fandom in toxic ways and that behavior doesn’t go over well with me. Of course, toxicity is a matter of perspective sometimes, so I’m sure even those reactions are unwarranted.

Apple, been on macrumors? Holy shit, most toxic and vile shits around.

Ka-pi96 said:
Jpcc86 said:

Sports. That shit goes to insane levels.
See, every group has toxic fandoms, some more than others, but movies, gaming, music are pretty leveled between each other. Anime? Might seem intense on the internet, but those weebs dont even know what other human beings look like. But sports? That shit gets to insane levels.
In some countries, like my own, the fanatism gets to a point were people have been killed in stadium fights and such. You dont hear that shit about almost any other hobby. Nobody ever said "16 people died in last night Smash Bros tournament after a fight broke because fans of Luigi were tauntin Samus fans". That shit is sports-exclusive.

Just fights? That's pretty tame.

Can't call it real fanaticism until you've started an actual war because of it! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_War

Lol wow people know about that? We are such a small and unimportant country that I always figured hardly anyone, outside the involved parties, knew about that. 

Shippers of any fandom who hate characters because they are prime targets for their favorite ships

Around the Network

EDIT double post.

Sorry

Any fanbase that hates later products in any given franchise just because they're different from the first few.
Example: Paper Mario. One of the most ridiculous fanbases ever.

S.Peelman said:
Kakadu18 said:

Bold: How in the world? That's literally just downright false.

Not in my experience compared to iOS.

So let's try to include a movie to the internal memory in ios device versus android, I take like 10s to plug, locate file, transfer and after finished another 5s to find it in my device to watch. And that for any other media you may think, or installing sw either from store or finding apk.

Much simpler to solve your issues with Android.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

WWE Fans

No one is allowed to have a company outside of them. No one is allowed to work for another company after leaving WWE. When another company signs former talent they become "Ex WWE Guys" but ignore when WWE signs Ex ROH,TNA,NJPW guys or in the 90s when Austin a former WCW Guy. Undertaker a former WCW guy. HHH a former WCW guy. Shawn Michaels a former AWA guy. Hogan a former AWA guy. Also ignoring their careers before WWE. They use terms like "we" when taking credit for a company they have no involvment in. They use terms like "big leagues" & "little leagues" as if wrestling is a real sport. I don't use terms like this but they often sound like a cult and a reason they are given the nickname "e drones". There is a reason there is a big divide between Wrestling Fans and WWE Fans. WWE Fans have no real knowledge of Wrestling. Just WWE. The industry predates WWE by a few decades and most wrestling has done things differently than "Sports Entertainment".

Last edited by Leynos - on 02 September 2022

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Star Wars fans, Smash Bros fans, and LeBron James fans.

Edit: Of course, how could I forget? Wrestling fans.

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 08 September 2022