By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5 and XS Sales Are Nearly Tied - Global Hardware June 5-11

What are lifetime X|S and PS5 sales in the US right now? I assume they have to be close to tied. For North America as a whole they are neck and neck according to the charts page

Around the Network

I've been hearing rumblings and rumours that Series X stock is getting better... Seems as though PS5 is too. It's good to see.

trunkswd said:
aTokenYeti said:

What are lifetime X|S and PS5 sales in the US right now? I assume they have to be close to tied. For North America as a whole they are neck and neck according to the charts page

US:

PS5: 7.45M

XSX|S: 7.38M

We have Xbox Series X|S ahead in Latin America.

I've seen some tweets about PS5s and XSX sitting when they are restocked in Latin America because of how expensive they are. The Series S is perfect for these markets.

As of the 13th, Switch is already past 109m and should hit 110m by mid July. Maybe sooner if they average 280k a week.

The Switch seems to be averaging around 280K a week since the start of April, sometimes a little more and sometimes a little less. The quarter is almost over so 280K will likely remain the average. Over a 13 week period 280K a week will convert into 3.64 million which would be a decent total for FYQ1 and be in line with meeting Nintendo's target of 21 million for the full FY. To meet their target Switch needs to sell around 3.66m per non holiday quarter and 10m for the holiday quarter. Also I think PS5 will struggle to reach that 18 million target unless things change, if Switch sells 21 million then PS5 needs to sell an average of 86% per week of what Switch sells to reach 18 million and that is not happening at the moment. Maybe things will pick up for the PS5 in FYQ2.

Last edited by ShadowLink93 - on 20 June 2022

Around the Network

Damn!!! At this rate, XS nor PS5 won't be able to reach 80M of consoles... At least this gen hang on about 10 years...

About Switch, well, it is on its track... Congratulations for Nintendo.

PaulPortland said:

Damn!!! At this rate, XS nor PS5 won't be able to reach 80M of consoles... At least this gen hang on about 10 years...

About Switch, well, it is on its track... Congratulations for Nintendo.

PS5 and XS aren't going to continue at this pace forever; sales will pick up as supply improves, especially for PS5 as it doesn't have the benefit of a Series S equivalent. A longer generation is also a strong possibility due to the companies wanting to recoup their losses.

PS5 at least will definitely pass 80 million. Heck, it will most likely pass 100 million.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 20 June 2022

ShadowLink93 said:

The Switch seems to be averaging around 280K a week since the start of April, sometimes a little more and sometimes a little less. The quarter is almost over so 280K will likely remain the average. Over a 13 week period 280K a week will convert into 3.64 million which would be a decent total for FYQ1 and be in line with meeting Nintendo's target of 21 million for the full FY. To meet their target Switch needs to sell around 3.66m per non holiday quarter and 10m for the holiday quarter. Also I think PS5 will struggle to reach that 18 million target unless things change, if Switch sells 21 million then PS5 needs to sell an average of 86% per week of what Switch sells to reach 18 million and that is not happening at the moment. Maybe things will pick up for the PS5 in FYQ2.

Things have already changed compared to a month ago and sony has stated production is due to ramp up

Glad to see both consoles doing well. There is going to be huge demand as the supply situation improves.

As far as I'm aware, the Series X/S is currently tracking better than the Xbox One at this time if I'm correct? Haven't checked this however.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

As long as the PS5 does way better from September-December this year compared to 2021, I think Sony will meet their 18m units proyection.