By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch Sales Top 108 Million - Global Hardware May 15-21

Another 1-2 weeks and PS5 will hit 20 Million. Xbox Series still outsells the PS5 in Americas by a wide margin.

Trunks, do we know the situation of the Series X/Series S stock in Americas? I suspect the Series S is doing most of the job so far.

Around the Network

Switch has crossed another million mark and is now at 108m+. They seem to hit another million every 3-4 weeks.

"2022 year-to-date, the Nintendo Switch has sold an estimated 56.22 million units, the Xbox Series X|S has sold 3.02 million units, and the PlayStation 5 has sold 2.86 million units."

I'm betting that is a typo.

xbox closing the gap

我是广州人

It seems inevitable that Series will pass PS5 in the US before sony manages to have a decent stock situation

Even if it has a lot to do with supply issues: shouldn't we be impressed Switch selling more than all others combined?

Around the Network

@Spindel I'm always impressed by that, considering it is a 5 year old system. I don't think anybody would've anticipated that Switch would be outselling everyone else at any point in 2022. I'd imagine it will be the best seller in 2022, though I could see 2023 being the year that it is not the best seller (could be close actually, depending on the shortages situation by then).

Switch sales are obviously down compared to last year, but considering how, again, the system is 5 years old, it is still pulling in impressive numbers!

The battle between PS5 and Xbox Series is turning out to be a lot more interesting than PS4 vs Xbone.
Xbox may very well reclaim North America lifetime.
Not only is the Series S allowing them to get more stock on shelves, but a lot of S owners will upgrade to an X/Pro equivalent down the line once supply improves, further boosting sales.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Another 1-2 weeks and PS5 will hit 20 Million. Xbox Series still outsells the PS5 in Americas by a wide margin.

Trunks, do we know the situation of the Series X/Series S stock in Americas? I suspect the Series S is doing most of the job so far.

In the end, the ps5 will definitely outsell the xbox by a wide margin, the issue at the moment is stock, xbox has plenty stock, I've been checking amazon for the past month as its always been in stock, both S and X. I have never see the ps5 on amazon since the console launched. If it ever gets there it sells out in seconds. I can go right now and order a series X no problem.

It may not be the case, despite the shortages people will end up buying the readily available console. Software becomes a big proponent to hardware sales. If Sony is struggling to create the Ps5 it may delay big name first party titles. 

Microsoft on the other hand is taking advantage of the chip shortage with the series s, most people are going to adopt the series s and upgrade to a series x or even a ps5 when they get their hands on one. Coupled with Microsoft own big exclusive titles like starfield or elder scrolls 6 I wouldn't be surprised if Xbox begins building momentum and actually keep in pace with the ps5 when the shortages end. 

This next week should be much better for PS5. Gamestop had a huge drop this past weekend in the majority of its stores and Walmart is getting a big drop of them this week as well. So I am assuming Amazon and the rest will be the same story. June should be much better for PS5 supply.