By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite Nintendo home console?

What's your favorite Nintendo home console?

Nintendo Entertainment System 43 4.80%

Super Nintendo Entertainment System 181 20.20%

Nintendo 64 153 17.08%

GameCube 144 16.07%

Wii 42 4.69%

Wii U 42 4.69%

Switch 291 32.48%

Total:896

Has to be the Wii, since it brought me back to console gaming.
That out-of-the-box thinking which made the Remote controller,
and the audacity to release it on a GameCube again!

Wii Sports+Resort
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart Wii
The whole Trauma Center series
Just Dance

Special mentions to: Go Vacation, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Rhythm Heaven Fever, Super Swing Golf and The Munchables.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

Nintendo 64.

There's so many classics on there it's ridiculous. If I'd rank them all, on the strength of their own respective games because it's unfair to include BC or rereleases on newer systems; N64 > SNES > NES > (Switch) > Wii > GC > WiiU. Switch is still 'fluid', could end up ahead of NES or behind Wii or whatever.

Bonus, looking at my Top 50 thread list:
1: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
2: Super Mario 64
3: Mario Kart 64
4: Star Fox 64 (Lylat Wars)
5: GoldenEye 007

Probably Gamecube but N64 is essentiallyed tied. N64 has my highest experiences, but Gamecube was longer lived and had more variety.

Zelda Master Quest (where I played Majora's mask for the first time) and 
Windwaker
Smash Melee
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle ( spent years in the chao garden)
Phantasy Star Online 2 (the first action RPG I became hooked on)
Star Fox Adventures
Double Dash (my first Mario Kart game)

Wii was great but the tech limits felt especially noticable. Switch is obviously a beast in terms of first party software, but aside from BOTW and Odyssey. The magic isn't quite there. I suspect I'm just especially critical now.

Last edited by Otter - on 03 May 2022

Damn, so little love for the Wii.

Personally, I was undecided between SNES, GC, and Switch, but ended up picking the classic option.

Nes, but Switch is second and it has some life in it jet.

Around the Network

Thinking out loud the SNES is high on my list because the games aged perfectly. N64 and GC are rough.

haxxiy said:

Damn, so little love for the Wii.

People are choosing the consoles they played as kids, or Switch. For someone pick Wii they need to be like 20 to 25 now. Most of people here are over their 30's

Regardless, I suspect most kids would still choose PS3 or X360 over Wii, I have the overall impression those consoles aged better, mainly because they had either new IPs or consolidation of older IPs, meanwhile the Wii bigger hits were the Wii-like games that just disappeared in the wind. Let's see for much Switch Sports sell to measure how much love is left for Wii games 

Wii never had an original zelda.... hurts the list for me.

GameCube:
-Metroid Prime (1 and 2)
-Pikmin (1 and 2)
-Wind waker
-Smash Bros Melee
-FZero GX

Wii easily for me. Still love the motion and IR controls, so many of my favorite games, and the first console I bought with my own saved up allowance money. Switch has the potential to surpass it though.