By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite Nintendo home console?

What's your favorite Nintendo home console?

Nintendo Entertainment System 43 4.80%

Super Nintendo Entertainment System 181 20.20%

Nintendo 64 153 17.08%

GameCube 144 16.07%

Wii 42 4.69%

Wii U 42 4.69%

Switch 291 32.48%

Total:896
Chrkeller said:

Wii never had an original zelda.... hurts the list for me.

You mean the Wii U, right?  Wii had Skyward Sword which was exclusive to it for 10 years while the Wii U got HD ports of older games and its big Zelda released on Switch at the same time.

Around the Network

SNES. So many games that were and so fresh and innovative at the time and still remain fresh in my mind today. Several of which are among my all time favourites. These include the likes of; Super Mario Bros World, Donkey Kong Country, Super Street Fighter II, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Final Fantasy VI and Contra III. Plus you had other great games like Mario Kart, Killer Instinct and Star Fox.

For me it was the peak and pinnacle of Nintendo.

Last edited by hinch - on 03 May 2022

being nearly 50 you would think my choice would be something like the NES or SNES but its actually the Gamecube. Granted i had plenty of fun years with the latter, I just really enjoyed the cube more. I couldnt wrap my head around the N64 controller, it had some great games but not enough to make the top. The cube came out at the right time with titles like Rogue Leader, Viewtiful Joe, Mario Sunshine... lots of fun. And my kids were of the right age where i could kick their butts at Double Dash and relish in their loss. Everything after that seems like an extension. Wii is a Gamecube 1.5 and WiiU is a Gamecube 2.0.

Super Nintendo for me... Super Metroid is one of my favorite games of all time, followed by Lufia 2 and Breath of Fire 2.

It's probably the console that I have completed the most games to 100%.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

SNES because I grew up playing it.

But being honest here, I love them all. I never played the Switch to be fair, but I know it has excellent games.

Around the Network

I'm genuinely not sure which one I like the most. From a purely nostalgic point of view the NES is at the top, but the overall quality of games is much higher on many of the later consoles. The Wii U is probably the only one completely out of the running, and I don't think I've played enough games on the Switch to really pick it yet. I think I'll go with the Gamecube, if only because my friends and I played literally thousands of hours of various multiplayer games on it, from Smash Bros. Melee to Phantasy Star Online and Tales of Symphonia among many others.

Easily the Switch! It has some of my favorite Nintendo games of all time.

1. Breath of the Wild

2. Mario Odyssey

3. Smash Ultimate

4. MK8 DX

5. ACNH

SNES is my fav, I tried beyond that but gave up on nintendo consoles after the wii.

Top 5 games:

1: Final Fantasy 6
2: Chrono Trigger
3: TLOZ A Link to the past
4: Super Metroid
5: The 7th Saga

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Also, SNES had quite the library. Here are some of my favorites:

- Chrono Trigger
- Final Fantasy IV
- Super Mario RPG
- Breath of Fire 1 and 2
- Mega Man X
- Yoshi's Island
- Donkey Kong Country Trilogy
- Super Street Fighter II
- Terranigma

And much more.

darthv72 said:

being nearly 50 you would think my choice would be something like the NES or SNES but its actually the Gamecube. Granted i had plenty of fun years with the latter, I just really enjoyed the cube more. I couldnt wrap my head around the N64 controller, it had some great games but not enough to make the top. The cube came out at the right time with titles like Rogue Leader, Viewtiful Joe, Mario Sunshine... lots of fun. And my kids were of the right age where i could kick their butts at Double Dash and relish in their loss. Everything after that seems like an extension. Wii is a Gamecube 1.5 and WiiU is a Gamecube 2.0.

I'm over 40 and started on Atari. If it weren't for the Switch, Gamecube would be my number one, thanks to the two Zeldas, Metroid Prime, RE4, Tales of Symphonia, Fire Emblem, Viewtiful Joe, SoulCalibur 2, and Skies of Arcadia Legends. Next after that would be the SNES.

My ranking of all Nintendo consoles: Switch > GC > SNES > Wii = NES > Wii U > N64

Last edited by SanAndreasX - on 03 May 2022