By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite Nintendo home console?

What's your favorite Nintendo home console?

Nintendo Entertainment System 43 4.80%

Super Nintendo Entertainment System 181 20.20%

Nintendo 64 153 17.08%

GameCube 144 16.07%

Wii 42 4.69%

Wii U 42 4.69%

Switch 291 32.48%

Total:896

N64 will always have a special place in my heart. I don't think I've spent so much time on a single console in my life as I did the N64. Which is hilarious when you realize the console had less than 400 games in its entire library

It's really difficult to place a top 5 for this legendary console, so I'll have my top 5 in no particular order plus 5 honorable mentions
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (duh)
Donkey Kong 64
Goldeneye 007
Pokémon Stadium
Paper Mario

Honorable mentions
Banjo Kazooie
Starfox 64
Diddy Kong Racing
The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
1080 Snowboarding

And even this list feels wrong leaving out several games

Around the Network

Nintendo 64 has created my very very best gaming memories.

- Blast Corps
- Pilotwings 64
- Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
- Extreme G
- Starfox 64: Lylat Wars
(no particular order)

Of course Mario 64, Goldeneye, Mariokart 64 and many more also were great. For me it almost feels like that 50% of all N64 Games were insanely good.
Nothing ever will manage to beat those memories as I am not really much into gaming anymore at all.

SNES for me, as a byproduct of diversity. Mario, Metroid and Zelda.. check. MegaMan X, Castlevania and Contra... check. but start adding in Chrono, Mana, Final Fantasy... top it off with Final Fight, Street Fighter... some more niche titles like Actraiser, Soublazer. New material like Star Fox, F-zero, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, Mario RPG, Earthbound, Killer Instinct, Pilot Wings. Just so many top notch games. SNES is my favorite console ever.

Punch Out was super too.  Lufia and Gaia, Breath of Fire.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 02 May 2022

The Switch. My favorite Zelda, Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem, Witcher 3, lots of RPGs, and a lot of retro games. I have never bought as many games for a single console from any manufacturer as I have the Switch.

Runners-up would be SNES and Gamecube.

Top 5 (exclusives only):

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Dragon Quest XI S
3. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
4. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
5. Shin Megami Tensei V (exclusive)
5. Valkyria Chronicles 4 (if multiplats are included)

Nintendo 64, easily. It has the best iterations of practically all the huge IP's, had an amazing and unique controller, and revolutionized both 3D platforming and split-screen shooters on consoles. It's among my three favorite consoles of all time.

Around the Network

NES. Switch may overtake it by the time all is said and done, but right now its the NES. It's easily the most innovative console I've ever experienced, and I still enjoy playing a lot of the games today. Top 5:

1. The Legend of Zelda
2. Super Mario Bros 3
3. Ultima 4
4. Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!
5. Zelda 2

I went with the GameCube but it was a very tough choice. It had some of my favorite games and I was in my teens when I had it, but like I said tough call.... Almost picked super Nintendo and almost picked switch.

Top 5 games 

Metroid Prime 

Prime 2

Windwkaer 

Melee 

Twilight Princess

Also just wanted to say I'm really glad this site/forum is still going , I've been here quite a long time off and on, it's amazing and good to see you are still here Rol. 

Who is John Galt?

3DS Friend Code : 2535-4338-9000 

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD

Switch, but I'll vote for SNES because I realized I'm using my Switch more as Handheld lately

Top 5 games for SNES IS

Yoshis Island

A Link to the Last

Chrono Trigger

Final Fantasy VI

Super Mario World

Top 5 consoles is

Switch

SNES

GC

N64

Wii/NES

SNES is the pinnacle of 2D gaming 

GC games aged pretty well too. 6th gen was really a great gen 

N64 not so much... but has good games nonetheless 

Can't decide between NES and Wii, I found both to be bad, NES games were borderline unplayable for me even when I was a kind gaming on N64, nowadays I can't challenge myself to play its games to measure how they have aged 

Wii have a set o controllers that are painful to use and worths nothing all their successful games were designed around this concept, with Mario Galaxy being the only game from Wii that I'm slightly inclined to revisit

Last edited by IcaroRibeiro - on 02 May 2022

Of consoles that already had a full lifespan, the GameCube. One of the best line-ups of Mario games (even if there is only 1 platformer), an amazing Smash Bros., Chibi-Robo, Animal Crossing, and some fun third-party games.
If we're going overall and including the Switch (a hybrid), it probably takes it. While it has years left in the tank, it already has a mountain of first and third-party games. A lot of shovelware, sure. But a lot of quality as well.

Top 5 (not necessarily in order)
Super Mario Odyssey, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Stardew Valley, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Honorable mention: Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

The best one of course, which is the SNES

Top 5 games: 

1.- Chrono Trigger

2.- Final Fantasy 6

3.- TLOZ A Link to the past

4.- Donkey Kong Country 2

5.- Super Metroid. 

HM: Super Mario World