By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The rumor is finally true - PS+ and PSNow merger

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03/29/all-new-playstation-plus-launches-in-june-with-700-games-and-more-value-than-ever/

Basically tier 1 same price and content of PS+

Tier 2 is PSNow and PSplus merged but without PS1, PS2, PS3 and PSP content

Tier 3 is those added with PS3 on streaming (on countries without PSNow it won`t have PS3 games and will be cheaper)

No Crunchyroll or Funimation at the moment.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

A cautious step in the right direction, A merger makes sense but a bit the same issue as I have the switch online, just give people the option to also buy the old games (and cheaper when you have the sub).

Only a matter of time. No idea why this wasn't an option ages ago. £100 is what it cost for both of them separately anyway isn't it? PS Now is £50 a year. PS+ is £50. But having the benefits of both in one package just makes more sense.

Now, how do I check the PS1 list of games? Because honestly, I can't (more don't want to) afford Discworld series or Legend of Dragoon on ebay.

Hmm, pie.

Hmm, clearly this is positioned against Gamepass. And I am not sure how it will stack up.

"At launch, we plan to include titles such as Death Stranding, God of War, Marvel’s Spider-Man, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Mortal Kombat 11, and Returnal."
This is a good collection, but if we compare to Gamepass it is obviously missing Horizon: Forbidden West. This points in the direction that the service will only include older games, not day one releases.

The direct Gamepass competitor level PS Plus Extra costs as much as Gamepass Ultimate, which seems in comparison like lower value.

PS Plus Premium though is the one that shines. Older games from PS1+PS2 era and PS3 streaming - that is offering something MS cannot match, as their gaming efforts don't have this much history.

Will be interesting to see how this new competition will impact things.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Well its good that they combined the service but still pretty much underwhelming. It appears as a Plus sub you are getting less now going from 3 games to 2 each month. The top tier is a totally waste to me but I could consider the mid tier. Now if Sony start to bring their first and second party games to the service faster I can see myself upgrading but for now, I am more than willing to just do nothing.

Around the Network

This seems fine, but just fine. As presented, it certainly isn't a real competitor to Gamepass.

Not sure why the top tier is the only one that gets demos. It seems crazy that they would isolate that to the top tier as if it adds extra incentive to get it. This is one reason I never really like when either MS or Sony become the market leader, they never really try hard to get your money.

As someone who already has PS Plus and PS Now subscriptions, now I get access to more PS1, PS2, and PSP games. Neat.

They were never going to go the Day 1 first party release on the service route....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Looks good overall. Neat that they are adding downloadable option for Playstation, PS2, and PSP games. Bummer that Ps3 games are still streaming only.
Yearly prices look good, but those monthly are a bit higher than I think they should be. People who want to test out the Extra and Premium service for a month instead of committing to an entire year might be steered away. Maybe something like $8, $10, $15 for each tier.
Hopefully they offer a free monthly trail for first timers.

It’s disappointing to see Sony take the Nintendo route of their classic games access. Only this time it’s more expensive than what Nintendo is offering.

I’ll wait and see what games are included in the classic catalog