By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The rumor is finally true - PS+ and PSNow merger

As someone who already has PS Plus and PS Now subscriptions, now I get access to more PS1, PS2, and PSP games. Neat.

They were never going to go the Day 1 first party release on the service route....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Looks good overall. Neat that they are adding downloadable option for Playstation, PS2, and PSP games. Bummer that Ps3 games are still streaming only.
Yearly prices look good, but those monthly are a bit higher than I think they should be. People who want to test out the Extra and Premium service for a month instead of committing to an entire year might be steered away. Maybe something like $8, $10, $15 for each tier.
Hopefully they offer a free monthly trail for first timers.

It’s disappointing to see Sony take the Nintendo route of their classic games access. Only this time it’s more expensive than what Nintendo is offering.

I’ll wait and see what games are included in the classic catalog

Play Station Portable games is a nice suprise, I'm very happy about that. But I was hoping that rumor about Play Station 3 being playable right on the 5 was true.
Oh well, Right now I was on a the fence of going for Playstation Now to play some old games (Metal Gear 4, etc.) on top of my + sub; so this is def. going to work out well for me anyway, and I will have ot chekc the list of Play Station Portable games but if games like Tactic Ogre are on it.

So basically, nothing has changed. They just made it so you have to have PS+ if you want PS Now, and combined the two for their premium tier. All of this was nothing more than a PS Now rebranding with the hopes that brand loyalty and the illusion of it being something new will help push it. Even the pricing is the exact same as PS+ and PSNow together. If this was what people really wanted, they would have already subbed to PSNow to begin with.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Basically the same thing but under the Playstation Plus brand. Sony wants more Plus users to buy Playstation Now, so they changed the name a bit.

Question. Did sony ever compare it to Gamepass?

I've seen a LOT of writers do that. Then they are complaining that it can't compare to game pass (due to not day one exclusives.)
Leaving my the question.. Did Sony ever mention game pass?

The writers hyped it up. Then the writers (and readers) get angry at it.

You are bound to love Earthbound.

Bandorr said:

I've seen a LOT of writers do that. Then they are complaining that it can't compare to game pass (due to not day one exclusives.)

Writers said that because Sony thenselves did refer to it as their answer to gamepass several months back.

Bandorr said:

I don't know if Sony ever placed it that way, but... we live in a world with Gamepass existing, so obviously people will compare it. I think this could have a much different reception, if it was made before the existance of Gamepass.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Bandorr said:

I don't know if Sony ever placed it that way, but... we live in a world with Gamepass existing, so obviously people will compare it. I think this could have a much different reception, if it was made before the existance of Gamepass.

Jim Ryan hinted at it back during the Bethesda acquisition.

https://twistedvoxel.com/sonys-jim-ryan-teases-response-game-pass-starfield/

When asked about a solution to gamepass...

“There is actually news to come, but just not today. We have PlayStation Now which is our subscription service, and that is available in a number of markets," said Jim Ryan.

He said there was news to come on it, and then directed people to PSNow.  He did not outright say it, but it is strongly implied.