5 0 0%

4 1 1.96%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 0 0%

Total:51
h2ohno said:

A really good direct.

Another Nintendo Warriors game. These have all been solid games despite the repetitive warriors formula, and it'll be interesting to see how they implement more mechanics from 3 Houses.

Force Unleashed. Motion controls sell me on it. I love the Wii version and if they finally give us 1-1 lightsaber controls I'll be over the moon. Using the nunchuck for the force powers was so good I feel there's no need to improve that.

Xenoblade 3, Mario Kart 8 DLC, Wii Sports successor, and Chrono Cross are must-haves.

Will need more info on the Portal Collection and No Man's Sky. I've played the Portal games to death on PC so I'll need a really good reason to get them again on any console. Still great that Valve is finally supporting a Nintendo console, and maybe this means Half-Life 2, Team Fortress 2, and Left 4 Dead can come to Switch eventually.

Only disappointments were no Batman, since I was sure that would be shown, and no Metroid Prime Remaster. I never thought 4 would get a mention, but I thought they might finally be ready to reveal the remaster of the original/trilogy here. Also not surprised by the lack of BOTW2.

2022 is shaping up to be a great year

I think they'll show Metroid Prime 4 in the E3 direct and announce it for 2023 and then after that be like"in the meantime, here's Metroid Prime: Definitive Edition". Or something like that.

Around the Network

This might be my favorite non e3 Nintendo direct (Better than some e3 directs as well) since the direct where they announced every game they were planning to release on the Wii-U to get people to buy it. Such a good lineup and they barely had any games outside of the announced first half of the year window. I was questioning how many big games they could announce given that they already had what I would consider a good year lineup for first party stuff but they had a lot up their sleeve.

Mnementh said:

Badumm. It happens!

My (not completely but surely beloved) predictions:

Pandora's Tower remastered
Ashely Mizuki Robbins trilogy (DS game remade, Wii game remastered, and a new game)
Monolith shows Baten Kaitos: Wings of Eternity
I steal Dulfite's prediction of a Miiverse-reboot for Switch, and with that an Art Academy Switch reveal
a new IP: survival crafting game in a hostile fantasy world

EDIT:

I forgot: Switch Sports championship (a Wii Sports/Sports Resort like game with online function and a single player career mode)

crafting game in hostile fantasy world → it became a scifi world with No Man's Sky, not a new IP though

And I hit it with Switch Sports.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

CaptainExplosion said:

So is Next Level Games making Mario Strikers Battle League?

Yes they are! Mario Strikers: Battle League is the soccer game we need | VentureBeat

I unfortunately never got around to playing Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, but I was watching Arlo's Direct reaction and he pointed out there was a Mario Strikers easter egg in that game? Perhaps Next Level has been wanting to make it for a long time.

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 10 February 2022

BasilZero said:

Hoping for a WiiU port of XCX, Paper Mario Color Splash or Star Fox Zero

Anyways, wonder if this suppose leaked image is real and true (found on gamingleaks reddit)

Spoiler!

Looks like this leaker was full of shit.  I don't know why anyone listens to those people.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
BasilZero said:

Anyways, wonder if this suppose leaked image is real and true (found on gamingleaks reddit)

Spoiler!

Looks like this leaker was full of shit.  I don't know why anyone listens to those people.

The direct had twice as many games.

theRepublic said:
BasilZero said:

Spoiler!

Yes he was.

On the other hand, Waddle Dee KNOWS. https://twitter.com/WaddleDeeKnows

Leakers are almost always full of shit. Mostly they just use educated guesses by paying attention to what Nintendo did in the past.
When a leaker is not full of shit is when you get a bunch of independent and reliable sources reporting on the same thing, like the Nintendo Switch design. The weird thing is many decided to ignore them and then listen to the obviously fake guys instead, like SuperMetalDave (remember him and his weird culty following?)

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Was a 10/10 for me. It felt like it was made for me. Holy smokes. 2 games in my top 10 are Fire Emblem Three Houses, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I always wished for a warriors game in Fodlan, telling a different story, since the possibilities opened with Age of Calamity, and with just that title, the Direct was set for me. They could have not had anything else and I would have been happy. I got goosebumps when the main theme played in the trailer. And then to end with Xenoblade...

Not to mention everything in between... Kirby, Mario Strikers, Switch Sports, Triangle Strategy, Advance Wars, Demon Slayer, and Klonoa are all on my radar... This year just has too much...

1doesnotsimply

JWeinCom said:
Dulfite said:

I've enjoyed all three Xenoblade games, but I find 2 to be my favorite. The story was awesome, and the ending connects with the ending of both 1 and X, so that cliffhanger did get continued from X. X was great, but it was FILLED with a horde of redundant and unimportant side quests/missions, and I was extremely bored with the gundum combat. I found the combat to be more enjoyable and engaging in 1/2 than in X by a long shot. 

2's world is just simply stunning and beautiful. I find it more visually striking than even Botw. Again though, I loved all three games.

*Disclaimer, I only ever played 1 on New 3ds, never original Wii or Switch HD versions, so I probably don't have the bets opinion on it's visuals.

2 just didn't float my boat. The story eventually got good, but it took a loooong time to get it. And alot of stuff throughout the game didn't track logically and was explained by "Well they're the Aegis, they can do that".  Also not a fan of the gatcha mechanics. 

I liked X's structure, where there was a tangible goal that you were working towards and to a large extent you got to focus on the tasks you wanted to help reach that goal. I feel like it was a sort of prototype for Breath of the Wild. I see the connection between 1 and 2, but not between 1 and X. 

Spoiler!
I know they added an alien attack to the scene where they create Bionis/Mechonis/Alrest, and there was an alien attack in Chronicles X, but I don't see how they could be the same. I thought Alrest was the original world of Zanza/Klaus, so that can't also be where Chronicles X is happening. 

Spoiler!
I don't think that was an alien attack. For some reason, I'm pretty convinced it's supposed to be a faction of humans who are attacking because they...want...thing. I forget the details, and some of it was probably from a Takahashi interview because that's how he rolls, but yeah, pretty sure they're different. Although trying to make sense of a Xeno game's plot is something of a lost cause, since so many things ultimately boil down to "extra dimensional conduit magic."