5 0 0%

4 1 1.96%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 0 0%

Total:51
CaptainExplosion said:
Kakadu18 said:

The update to Metroid Dread has me excited too, can't wait for the Boss Rush mode.

Same, as long as I can do it with all the power ups I've gotten in the main game. Why didn't the Direct have any BOTW stuff? -_-

They said it was first half of the year stuff. If it launches this year, it would most likely be the holiday game.

I'm more confident in it launching this year after the direct. I don't think the first half of the year would be stacked if they didn't have enough for the whole year. 

Around the Network

Best direct of the year so far.

So we're getting Chrono Cross (including freaking Radical Dreamers! What!?), Front Mission 1 & 2, and Live A Live. There's no fucking way they can keep Terranigma from me at this point. Omg, it might even get the HD-2D treatment!

But, this is also the universe in which Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 gets released as Cloud versions, so I suppose there's still plenty of room for Squeenix to fuck it all up.

This Direct made me more convinced than ever before that there’s no stopping Switch from being the best selling console ever. Nintendo is just going all out bigger than ever this year alone when the system should be on its death bed by normal console cycle standards.

Switch Sports on its own has all the potential to be another 50m+ LT phenomenon for them.

HyrulianScrolls said:

This Direct made me more convinced than ever before that there’s no stopping Switch from being the best selling console ever. Nintendo is just going all out bigger than ever this year alone when the system should be on its death bed by normal console cycle standards.

Switch Sports on its own has all the potential to be another 50m+ LT phenomenon for them.

I am skeptical of that. I think it will do very well, but I don't think they can capture that lightning in a bottle again. I'd be happy to be proven wrong. I think people underrate just how brilliant Wii Sports was. 

Around the Network

Wow that was insane.
2022 is just gonna be a completely ridiculous year for Switch software!

No Man's Sky coming out of nowhere!
Kirby looks awesome.
Splatoon 3 of course
Finally a Switch Sports!
A new Fire Emblems Warriors
MLB game finally coming to Switch
Metroid Dread Boss Rush Mode!
Earthbound games being added to Online service will get a lot of people excited.
Mario Strikers! Huge news!
Xenoblade 3! And it looks fantastic.
MK8D doubling the number of courses is amazing and puts off any need for a MK9 on Switch.
And a ton of other third party games and remakes and ports of older games coming. Chrono Cross, Portal games, and so much more. There was so much stuff I can't remember most of it.

Everyone already knew this was going to be a huge year for Switch games based on what was already announced, and now Nintendo just turned the dial up to 11! And I'm guessing there are several big games we don't even know about yet. Without a doubt Switch's 2022 lineup is going to blow away every other year it has been out.

JWeinCom said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Same, as long as I can do it with all the power ups I've gotten in the main game. Why didn't the Direct have any BOTW stuff? -_-

They said it was first half of the year stuff. If it launches this year, it would most likely be the holiday game.

I'm more confident in it launching this year after the direct. I don't think the first half of the year would be stacked if they didn't have enough for the whole year. 

Agreed.

So many games were announced for the April - July time period. As I was watching I was just like omg ANOTHER game coming this Spring! BotW2 definitely coming for the holidays, otherwise they could have easily waited with a couple of those Spring games to help fill up a holiday lineup.

This direct was focused on the first half of the year. I'm guessing we'll see stuff about BotW2, Mario+Rabbids, Metroid Prime remake, and others including new game announcements for Summer/Fall in a few months.

Doctor_MG said:

I decided to do a table for a comparison to what many believe are Switch's best years, software wise, based on what Nintendo themselves are publishing. I am excluding where they only took over publishing in select regions. 

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the WildFitness BoxingPokemon Legends: Arceus
1, 2, SwitchNew Super Mario Bros U DeluxeKirby and the Forgotten Land
SnipperclipsYoshi's Crafted WorldMario Kart 8: Deluxe Additional Content
Mario Kart 8: DeluxeNintendo Labo VRAdvance Wars 1 + 2: Boot Camp
ArmsSuper Mario Maker 2Nintendo Switch Sports
Splatoon 2Marvels Ultimate Alliance 3Mario Strikers Battle League
Pokken Tournament DXFire Emblem Three HousesFire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes
Fire Emblem WarriorsAstral ChainSplatoon 3
Super Mario OdysseyTetris 99Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Snipperclips PlusLegend of Zelda: Links AwakeningBayonetta 3
Xenoblade Chronicles 2Ring Fit AdventureSequel to Breath of the Wild
Luigis Mansion 3
Pokemon Sword and Shield
Brain Training
        Though there aren't as many games as 2019, I think some of the more meatier games make up for it. Plus, there are bound to be one or two surprises. I'd say 2022 has this in the bag. 

You forgot Mario + Rabbids 2

Direct was ok for me. Not a splatoon fan and honestly Xenoblade is ok.

Front Mission Remake was my favorite announcement.

A really good direct.

Another Nintendo Warriors game. These have all been solid games despite the repetitive warriors formula, and it'll be interesting to see how they implement more mechanics from 3 Houses.

Force Unleashed. Motion controls sell me on it. I love the Wii version and if they finally give us 1-1 lightsaber controls I'll be over the moon. Using the nunchuck for the force powers was so good I feel there's no need to improve that.

Xenoblade 3, Mario Kart 8 DLC, Wii Sports successor, and Chrono Cross are must-haves.

Will need more info on the Portal Collection and No Man's Sky. I've played the Portal games to death on PC so I'll need a really good reason to get them again on any console. Still great that Valve is finally supporting a Nintendo console, and maybe this means Half-Life 2, Team Fortress 2, and Left 4 Dead can come to Switch eventually.

Only disappointments were no Batman, since I was sure that would be shown, and no Metroid Prime Remaster. I never thought 4 would get a mention, but I thought they might finally be ready to reveal the remaster of the original/trilogy here. Also not surprised by the lack of BOTW2.

2022 is shaping up to be a great year