By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrConnect Presents: Their 1131 Greatest Games, as of 2021

27 of the top 100 games are on my list. 8 of the top 10 are on my list. All except for Super Mario 64 and Super Metroid.
Why didn't Doom Eternal get more votes? More people need to play it.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:

27 of the top 100 games are on my list. 8 of the top 10 are on my list. All except for Super Mario 64 and Super Metroid.

I feel Doom Eternal is exhausting. Doom 2016 was better.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Kakadu18 said:

I feel Doom Eternal is exhausting. Doom 2016 was better.

I feel Doom 2016 is sluggish compared to Eternal. It's faster pace and more interesting level design with more variety make it generally better for me too.

I guess it's like with Super Metroid and Metroid Dread. I like the former less because it feels sluggish, but it's still ranked higher almost everywhere. I feel like Doom 2016 will be lower on my list this year.

Machina said:

I swear some of your lists must be almost nothing but Mario and Zelda, with a smattering of Metroid for variety.

I have 10 Zelda games, 9 Mario games and 1 Metroid game on my list. I'm exactly what you just described.

Darashiva said:
Farsala said:

I wanted to check the same stats.

Only one game from the community top 10 made my list. Super Mario 64.

I contributed 15 unique games to the list. One of those games being one of the most popular games in the world in League of Legends. I suppose PC in general has a lack of love here.

It was also absolutely shocking to me that 3 people had Nioh, but I was the only one to also have Nioh 2. Nioh 2 being an equally good if not far superior game.

I played League of Legends for about 7 or 8 years, but I haven't in the last year (just no time). I've often considered putting it in my top 50, but my feelings on the game change constantly and drastically, so I just haven't. As far as Nioh goes, I've played the first one and I liked it, but not enough to put it in my top 50, and I haven't played the sequel, yet at least.

Oh really? Who did you main? Did you rank? I played a lot until Pantheon got reworked. I am left to main Brand now that the rest of my champions have been changed for the worse.

Nioh 2 hits far differently than Nioh. I am a fan of both games, but anecdotally my hardcore Dark Souls friend disliked Nioh and absolutely loved Nioh 2.

I highly recommend giving it a playthrough.

I am hyped for the Team Ninja x FF.

Around the Network

I'll also do a little comparison.

Of the compiled top 10, 4 games were in my list: Odyssey, Galaxy, OoT and BotW. One of them was also in my own top 10 (and it's the big one).

Not gonna check with the full top 100, but I think a bit over half of my games are in there.

2 games on my list were "unique": Black Mesa and Doki Doki Literature Club (both in my top 10)

There were also several games that only one other person listed: Tales of Xillia 2, Tales of the Abyss, StarCraft II, and the first 2 Zero Escape games.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

I seem to be the only vote for:

The Simpsons: Hit & Run
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10
The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
LostWinds 2: Winter of the Melodias
World of Goo
Affordable Space Adventures
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Fluidity

So 8 games.  Highest rated is Fluidity at my 30th place.  The top couple are in danger of falling off, so they may be gone in the next year or two.

Last edited by theRepublic - on 21 January 2022

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Hmm, let's see.

In the TOP 10 is only one of my games: Breath of the Wild (I had it on #15).

In the TOP 50 are three more: Xenoblade Chronicles (#9 for me), Okami (#5), Fire Emblem Awakening (#20).

And in the TOP 100 are no more of my games.

Seems my tastes are not actually in line with the majority here. But quite a lot of the listed games are on my backlog, so they may enter later. Also quite some entered my list in past years like Final Fantasy X, Twilight Princess or Pikmin 3.

So, how many of my games got only my vote? Let's see:

Pinball Dreams, Descent, The Battle for Wesnoth, Gylt, Dragon Quest Builders, King's Bounty II, Supaplex, Phoenix Point, Armello, Romance of the three Kingdoms XIV, Pillars of Eternity, Attack of the Friday Monsters!, Immortals Fenyx Rising, Jagged Alliance, Return to Zork, Baldur's Gate III, Graveyard Keeper, Persona Q, Another Code R, The Secret of Monkey Island, UFO: Enemy Unknown, Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl, Baldur's Gate, Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land, Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

25 games! Half of my list was only voted by me. Guys, you all are missing out!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Thanks for putting in the work. That is a lot of games.

Farsala said:
Darashiva said:

I played League of Legends for about 7 or 8 years, but I haven't in the last year (just no time). I've often considered putting it in my top 50, but my feelings on the game change constantly and drastically, so I just haven't. As far as Nioh goes, I've played the first one and I liked it, but not enough to put it in my top 50, and I haven't played the sequel, yet at least.

Oh really? Who did you main? Did you rank? I played a lot until Pantheon got reworked. I am left to main Brand now that the rest of my champions have been changed for the worse.

Nioh 2 hits far differently than Nioh. I am a fan of both games, but anecdotally my hardcore Dark Souls friend disliked Nioh and absolutely loved Nioh 2.

I highly recommend giving it a playthrough.

I am hyped for the Team Ninja x FF.

I've mained a number of different champions over the years. For the last few seasons I played my most played one was Heimerdinger, with a few others I played on the side. In the past my main's have included champs like Karthus, Aatrox, Varus, Ziggs, and a bunch of others. 

I'm probably going to get around to Nioh 2 at some point. Maybe once my backlog isn't so daunting anymore, so probably sometime in 2024 or something. 

Yeah, Stranger of Paradise looks intriguing, outside of the main character's design which I'm not very fond of.