By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hating Game Pass Makes You Look Foolish

SvennoJ said:

I won't be adding (much) to the revenue, but the deal is too good to pass on. $1 for 3 months for PC. I turned recurring billing off, good till Februari 24th. If I get hooked by then I can always extend it. I thought I couldn't get the $1 deal anymore (already used a couple years ago) but it must reset after a while. Now with 2 extra months.

Question: Do I need the XBox app and what do I do about this

It's been like that for 20 minutes, not doing anything. Can I safely kill it or will it screw things up.
It's still active in the task manager using CPU and RAM, but not accessing any files nor the internet.

I quit it, restarted it and it says it can't sign me in. I can sign into my XBox live account on XBox.com, but the app gives 0x87DD005 error code. Which gives nothing https://support.xbox.com/en-US/search?errorCode=0x87DD0005 and I can sign in on that page.

5th time is the charm, signed in. It let me select a drive to install FH5, progress :)

Or not, it took space of my drive but is not installing anything and the Install button is back. I got a locked folder now on my D: Drive, WindowsApps. Denied access as adminstrator. I thought they changed that, WTF.

How do I get my drive space back, how do you get it to install. Ugh already regretting this.

Talk about being unlucky for your first time. Just try installing it to the same drive again. or wait for MS to update the xbox app that will allow you to access the folders, or take ownership of that locked folder and delete it. your choice.

Man looking at most of your posts when it comes to PC it seems like you have the most shitty luck or.....



Around the Network
zero129 said:

Talk about being unlucky for your first time. Just try installing it to the same drive again. or wait for MS to update the xbox app that will allow you to access the folders, or take ownership of that locked folder and delete it. your choice.

Man looking at most of your posts when it comes to PC it seems like you have the most shitty luck or.....

It's working now. I think it messed up because I had to change my secondary contact info. I had it set to text message to my land line, yet my landline provider quit their text to speech service, reading out text messages. (phone did not ring, no message) I changed it to a secondary email address but now I get a notification each time I sign in that it will change in a month. Precaution I guess. But it screws up auto sign in things.

Shitty luck... I banked some of that karma and haven't had any issues with broken installs on FS2020 (yet) /knock on wood. So many misery stories of it not downloading or getting stuck in loops or having to download the whole thing over on each start up. For me it's just slow but so far has always worked :)

49% done, 102 GB, big game!

For anyone interested, Halo Infinite Campaign pre-download size is 26.4 GB

Maybe I am cursed. Trying to launch FH5, it says my graphics driver is out of date. Launching NVidea control panel, it just crashes, reporting problem to Microsoft. Reboot first I guess. I will get it to work!

Last edited by SvennoJ - on 25 November 2021

LudicrousSpeed said:
EricHiggin said:

Like how a palatable/fancy restaurant chain will have at least a few less healthy options, though that's not what's typically ordered?

Like how a fast food chain will have at least a few healthier options, though that's not what's typically ordered?

Your already weak analogy is getting worse as you try to stretch it further. If you want to compare it to a restaurant, it offers everything you want from a “fancy chain” as you put it. And offers great appetizers. Hope that helps.

Your weak understanding of it is getting worse as you try to sweep it under. Is an explanation to a misunderstanding now to be known as stretching it, and not further explanation in the form of a reply? So many reaching for the moon in that case.

Do fancy restaurants market themselves as the best deal in the industry? All you can eat for as cheap as possible? Do they only offer typical utensils for consuming that food and not the extra's that add to the experience? Do they change their menu (asap) in a response to compete with fast food directly?

Who offers the "Dollar Menu"?



I don't give a damn if it's sustainable or not for MS, MS says it's happy about it, true or false I don't care, it's its own business. I'd hate it only if it damaged 3rd parties or if it pushed them to cancel the biggest games or split them in parts.



Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 
 


Why on Earth are we comparing Game Pass to the culinary industry

EricHiggin said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Your already weak analogy is getting worse as you try to stretch it further. If you want to compare it to a restaurant, it offers everything you want from a “fancy chain” as you put it. And offers great appetizers. Hope that helps.

Your weak understanding of it is getting worse as you try to sweep it under. Is an explanation to a misunderstanding now to be known as stretching it, and not further explanation in the form of a reply? So many reaching for the moon in that case.

Do fancy restaurants market themselves as the best deal in the industry? All you can eat for as cheap as possible? Do they only offer typical utensils for consuming that food and not the extra's that add to the experience? Do they change their menu (asap) in a response to compete with fast food directly?

Who offers the "Dollar Menu"?

This is a silly comparison to begin with but I also think you're both arguing based on different thoughts of what you consider to be fast food/high end.

Ludicrous seems to be arguing based on the variety of content + quality, essentially, Game Pass offers a 'quick cheap meal' (or w/e) but also offers 'higher end meals' too (essentially offers small and big budget titles of various quality). While it seems like you're basing a lot of your argument purely on the price of the service.

I don't think comparing the two is that useful, these are two vastly different markets, if we were going to use the 'price' argument than I would honestly say Gaming overall is closer to a 'fast food' joint than a high end restaurant, heck, a Chinese from a random fast food place alone can cost me up to £30-£40 and food prices don't plummet weeks/months after launch, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 25 November 2021

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
zero129 said:

Talk about being unlucky for your first time. Just try installing it to the same drive again. or wait for MS to update the xbox app that will allow you to access the folders, or take ownership of that locked folder and delete it. your choice.

Man looking at most of your posts when it comes to PC it seems like you have the most shitty luck or.....

It's working now. I think it messed up because I had to change my secondary contact info. I had it set to text message to my land line, yet my landline provider quit their text to speech service, reading out text messages. (phone did not ring, no message) I changed it to a secondary email address but now I get a notification each time I sign in that it will change in a month. Precaution I guess. But it screws up auto sign in things.

Shitty luck... I banked some of that karma and haven't had any issues with broken installs on FS2020 (yet) /knock on wood. So many misery stories of it not downloading or getting stuck in loops or having to download the whole thing over on each start up. For me it's just slow but so far has always worked :)

49% done, 102 GB, big game!

For anyone interested, Halo Infinite Campaign pre-download size is 26.4 GB

Maybe I am cursed. Trying to launch FH5, it says my graphics driver is out of date. Launching NVidea control panel, it just crashes, reporting problem to Microsoft. Reboot first I guess. I will get it to work!

Honestly dude if i was having as many problems as you do when it comes to PC gaming i really would go back to consoles, so fairplay to you for sticking with it cause id just give up.



Ryuu96 said:

Why on Earth are we comparing Game Pass to the culinary industry

EricHiggin said:

Your weak understanding of it is getting worse as you try to sweep it under. Is an explanation to a misunderstanding now to be known as stretching it, and not further explanation in the form of a reply? So many reaching for the moon in that case.

Do fancy restaurants market themselves as the best deal in the industry? All you can eat for as cheap as possible? Do they only offer typical utensils for consuming that food and not the extra's that add to the experience? Do they change their menu (asap) in a response to compete with fast food directly?

Who offers the "Dollar Menu"?

This is a silly comparison to begin with but I also think you're both arguing based on different thoughts of what you consider to be fast food/high end.

Ludicrous seems to be arguing based on the variety of content + quality, essentially, Game Pass offers a 'quick cheap meal' (or w/e) but also offers 'higher end meals' too (essentially offers small and big budget titles of various quality). While it seems like you're basing a lot of your argument purely on the price of the service.

I don't think comparing the two is that useful, these are two vastly different markets, if we were going to use the 'price' argument than I would honestly say Gaming overall is closer to a 'fast food' joint than a high end restaurant, heck, a Chinese from a random fast food place alone can cost me up to £30-£40 and food prices don't plummet weeks/months after launch, Lol.

No I'm comparing it on different levels, like quality ratio, price, general customers, along with other 'coincidental' similarities. I'm basically being told that's incorrect because GP is chalk full of expensive blockbusters that are simply all being sold dirt cheap for eternity.

The problem is that my initial post was somehow way too controversial in reference to the thread topic.

EricHiggin said:

I wouldn't say hating fast food makes anyone look foolish.

Some would rather, or prefer to sit down and eat at a more palatable or fancy restaurant chain and spend a little extra if they have to for that. This tends to limit your consumption to a degree however. Some have the means to gorge though.
Others are fine, or prefer sitting down or driving thru a fast food chain, since it's cheap, easy, and quick. Which also tends to mean you can eat more if you like due to the low cost and less filling meals. Some don't have the means though, so a number one, will have to suffice.

Both have their upsides and downsides. I think very few would really want to live in a world with only one or the other. Each has their place in their own way. Why not have it your way?

One might ask why would you ever compare Netflix to gaming? Why would anyone ever attempt to merge them like there could be some common ground? The idea is clearly ridiculous so there's no reason for anyone to pay it any attention. To do so would be ludicrously useless.



Reading this thread makes me not want to eat out anymore.



Twitter: @d21lewis

GP is like an episode of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, you got the smaller stuff that's not for everyone but has history. You got the cheap and easy to access stuff and you got the stuff that's pretty good and shouldn't be overlooked. GP is essentially the Guy Fieri of game services.



Ride The Chariot

EricHiggin said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Your already weak analogy is getting worse as you try to stretch it further. If you want to compare it to a restaurant, it offers everything you want from a “fancy chain” as you put it. And offers great appetizers. Hope that helps.

Your weak understanding of it is getting worse as you try to sweep it under. Is an explanation to a misunderstanding now to be known as stretching it, and not further explanation in the form of a reply? So many reaching for the moon in that case.

Do fancy restaurants market themselves as the best deal in the industry? All you can eat for as cheap as possible? Do they only offer typical utensils for consuming that food and not the extra's that add to the experience? Do they change their menu (asap) in a response to compete with fast food directly?

Who offers the "Dollar Menu"?

Can a Michelin star restaurant offer me Halo Infinite MP to be played on the most powerful console ever? No? Analogy ruined. 

Also there was nothing “controversial” about your first post, it was just not well thought out and made zero sense. Because, as I pointed out, GamePass is had loads of highly rated bangers that never leave the service. You compared the offering to a fast food chain full of quick cheap stuff. That’s not controversial it’s just plain incorrect 😁