By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 46, 2021 - (8th Nov - 14th Nov)

Well, we've got our answer on where all the Switch stock went.
I thought maybe Nintendo might distribute a little bit more this week for SMT. But nope, they saved it all for Pokemon.

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:

That is the closest I have ever seen PlayStation and Xbox in Japan.
Jeez, those supply constraints are no joke.

If Microsoft times a bigger delivery to Japan just right, they could get a week beating PS.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

XBS selling the exact same number two weeks in a row is hilarious.
Next week with Pokémon launch Switch should go over 150k unless the supply constraints are so bad that they weren't able to stockpile enough.

Zippy6 said:
Kaio_felipe said:

Great debut for Shin Megami Tensei V. Week 1 sales of SMT IV were higher (187.139 units), but if SMT V had a physical/digital ratio of at least 75% / 25%, then it must have sold more (at least 190,000 units).

Well crap, I thought SMT V had blown it out of the water.

I thought this was SMT big chance to grow as a series like Persona did when it's sales exploded with Persona 4: Golden and suddenly became a million seller.

Maybe in the west it'll see a big increase over SMT IV.

SMT IV sold like 400k in Japan and 600k worldwide, so only 200k outside of Japan. SMTV will easily sell over a million outside of Japan.

That looks like a good number for SMT V.  I'll be interested in seeing what the legs look like. 

Looks like the default platform for DQ X is the Switch.  First week is about double PS4's numbers, and Switch games always seem to have better legs.  I am kind of jealous.  I would like a big budget MMO that I could play on Switch without having to learn Japanese.

Around the Network

Ideally, Sony should reallocate 20% of their Europe PS5 shipments to Japan, but it's probably not as simple as it sounds.

No matter, Sony's terrible treatment of Japan is going to hurt them, hopefully enough to force some positive changes on how they view their own homeland. A lot of us were excited about the idea of a healthy Sony expanding their Japanese studios and IP's... they respond by unceremoniously closing the much loved Japan Studio. Goddamn clowns 😂

They've been supporting/acquiring/expanding a crap ton of western studios yet Japan gets marginalized despite the rising global interest in quality Japanese games.

So we'll finally get some YoY numbers for XBS and PS5. I do wish we weren't dealing with supplies issues all around.

Signature goes here!

PAOerfulone said:

That is the closest I have ever seen PlayStation and Xbox in Japan.
Jeez, those supply constraints are no joke.

The xbox 360 outsold the ps3 in Japan a few times during that generation.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Where´s Megaton Mushashi? o.o
I can´t believe it didn´t enter the top 10, I really had faith in that game :/

Zippy6 said:
Kaio_felipe said:

Great debut for Shin Megami Tensei V. Week 1 sales of SMT IV were higher (187.139 units), but if SMT V had a physical/digital ratio of at least 75% / 25%, then it must have sold more (at least 190,000 units).

Well crap, I thought SMT V had blown it out of the water.

I thought this was SMT big chance to grow as a series like Persona did when it's sales exploded with Persona 4: Golden and suddenly became a million seller.

Maybe in the west it'll see a big increase over SMT IV.

Outside of Japan will be where most of the growth is, same with Tales of Arise