By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch OLED Boosts Switch Sales to Over 860,000 - Global Hardware Oct 2 to 9

Man. I wonder how many Switch owners are going to double dip. A better screen is a better screen, might be a big incentive.

Around the Network

And just like that team 2021 is in play again.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I was expecting about 750k, so outdid my expectations! The question is how well it holds into the 2nd week or if it starts heading into down YoY again for the 2020 battle.

Gamerscore:20,000  -  Trophies:3,800 -  Nintendo Awards: -1

My Xbox Series S is my baby. It grew up into an X.

Zippy6 said:

I was expecting about 750k, so outdid my expectations! The question is how well it holds into the 2nd week or if it starts heading into down YoY again for the 2020 battle.

It will dip this is probably 3-4 weekly of production if not more

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Zippy6 said:

Yeah there will be a big dip, just not sure how big. 500k next week? Less?

With this week 2020's lead is cut from 1.54m to 1.21m, but the next few weeks in 2020 leading up to black friday the switch sold 520k, 490k, 518k, 599k, 617k, 747k.

So while the lead was cut a lot this week it might start to widen again and this progress could be all but lost by the time BF roles around.

Going to be an interesting race anyway.

Gamerscore:20,000  -  Trophies:3,800 -  Nintendo Awards: -1

My Xbox Series S is my baby. It grew up into an X.

Around the Network
Dante9 said:

Man. I wonder how many Switch owners are going to double dip. A better screen is a better screen, might be a big incentive.

I think "double-dipping" is a strategy Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft are doing since a long time. Whether it be a slim model, a bigger harddrive or more power, they know that early adopters are mostly hardcore gamers and they likely will buy an improved console down the line. The worldwide console market is and always will be limited, simply as console gaming is a luxury hobby. All the poor and 3rd word will play shitty games for free on their phones. So, if you can't enter the poor's market, you must fined away to make the current owners to double-dip.

DroidKnight said:
trunkswd said:

No worries. It happens.

I always misread titles as titties.

A very good misread.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Nintendo Switch outselling the PS5 and XBox Series combined by over 2 to 1. 

Imagine if the OLED was actually in stock...

Parody from last week's Global Hardware report. 

But, seriously, awesome boost.  Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for my pre-ordered OLED to arrive from Walmart...

Great launch. Better than the Lite model did.
It does look higher than it probably is though. I expect it be lowered later by 150k or something.

Zippy6 said:
kirby007 said:

Yeah there will be a big dip, just not sure how big. 500k next week? Less?

With this week 2020's lead is cut from 1.54m to 1.21m, but the next few weeks in 2020 leading up to black friday the switch sold 520k, 490k, 518k, 599k, 617k, 747k.

So while the lead was cut a lot this week it might start to widen again and this progress could be all but lost by the time BF roles around.

Going to be an interesting race anyway.

November and December is where 2021 can make up ground.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"