By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch OLED Boosts Switch Sales to Over 860,000 - Global Hardware Oct 2 to 9

JWeinCom said:
DroidKnight said:

I always misread titles as titties.

Wonder what Sigmund would say about that.

not much seeing hes dead af

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
DroidKnight said:

I always misread titles as titties.

Wonder what Sigmund would say about that.

He says, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."  Although in this case he might say, "Sometimes titties is just titties."

This will shut up cliff theorists for at least more 3 or 4 months, then they will start their cliff predictions again...

Wow, 860k is massive. MUCH more than what I had expected. Crazy...

IcaroRibeiro said:

This will shut up cliff theorists for at least more 3 or 4 months, then they will start their cliff predictions again...

no they won't the drop of 40% next week, is exactly the moment they pick stuff up again

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Impressive showing; I thought the chip crunch would prevent them hitting a number quite this high.

It would seem for all the internet hate, plenty of folks are still quite happy with the Switch's power level and see the OLED as a worthwhile purchase.

The Switch's sales here exceeded my expectations. I wonder if the Switch OLED will end up being more popular than the Switch Lite or if it's more front-loaded.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

SKMBlake said:
siebensus4 said:

Very convincing numbers for a 4.5 year old console. Next year should be pretty healthy with the already announced titles like Zelda BOTW 2, Splatoon 3, Kirby, Mario & Rabbids. The numbers in the next weeks should not fall below 350k, maybe even 400k.

It's not really about the console being 4.5 years old, but mostly that it sold more than 90 million by this point, so we could've expect to be close to saturation.

And yeah, next week numbers should be very high too, the OLED is nowhere to be found

thats only if the market doesn't grow

我是广州人

curl-6 said:

Impressive showing; I thought the chip crunch would prevent them hitting a number quite this high.

It would seem for all the internet hate, plenty of folks are still quite happy with the Switch's power level and see the OLED as a worthwhile purchase.

Internet hate very rarely translates to floppage in the real world, especially when it comes to Nintendo (I'm sure the new shitty $30 more expensive expansion of their online service will be highly successful).

Wman1996 said:

The Switch's sales here exceeded my expectations. I wonder if the Switch OLED will end up being more popular than the Switch Lite or if it's more front-loaded.

The premium model being a bigger hit than the budget model would be consistent with the pattern of the base model outselling the Lite for the past two years.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 19 October 2021