By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch OLED Boosts Switch Sales to Over 860,000 - Global Hardware Oct 2 to 9

good numbers.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Looks like for Switch, this year's deficit compared to 2020 is less than 1 million at this point. With holidays coming soon, I think Switch will be able to close that gap.

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 18 October 2021

Wow huge week for the Switch.

On IB Benji says OLED is already highly supply constrained in the US.  Oct NPD numbers will be something. 

Quick guess:

Week 1 293K (225K OLED / 70K Other) < Using VGC's USA figure

Week 2 120K (60K OLED / 60K Other)

Week 3 120K (70K OLED / 70K Other)

Week 4 200K (120K OLED / 80K Other) < Fresh shipment at the end of the month along with Mario Party

700-750K, maybe higher.  Think it'll be fairly competitive with Oct 2020.

Also I think there's a good chance the global October record as recorded by VGC is going to fall.

Highest I see is NSW 2020 with 1,960K followed by NDS 07 with 1,620K. Good shot for NSW to blow by 2,000K this October, only needs to average 366K next three weeks to take the crown.

Around the Network
siebensus4 said:

Very convincing numbers for a 4.5 year old console. Next year should be pretty healthy with the already announced titles like Zelda BOTW 2, Splatoon 3, Kirby, Mario & Rabbids. The numbers in the next weeks should not fall below 350k, maybe even 400k.

It's not really about the console being 4.5 years old, but mostly that it sold more than 90 million by this point, so we could've expect to be close to saturation.

And yeah, next week numbers should be very high too, the OLED is nowhere to be found

trunkswd said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Looks like for Switch, this year's deficit compared to 2020 is less than 1 million at this point. With holidays coming soon, I think Switch will be able to close that gap.

Gap is actually 1.2 million. It did close by about 300,000 with the OLED launch. 

My bad.  I realize that I misread one sentence in your first post.

trunkswd said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

My bad.  I realize that I misread one sentence in your first post.

No worries. It happens.

I always misread titles as titties.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Very impressive OLED launch, way bigger than I thought.

DroidKnight said:
trunkswd said:

No worries. It happens.

I always misread titles as titties.

Wonder what Sigmund would say about that.