By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS planning big takeover,wants to take games away from Nintendo/Sony (Rumor)

WB Games seems to be the target, would make sense since Sony has money hatted Marvel characters so MS money hatting characters like Batman is a decent counter punch.

Around the Network
Boobanana said:

The Neglected Xbox

https://youtu.be/gjfPwhvEl10

Well, I laughed! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

KazumaKiryu said:

Share your opinion and thoughts on the topic, I'm curious.

Well, if they buy something I care about, I will get an Xbox and Gamepass. So we'll see.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

RolStoppable said:

Looks like I am supposed to be upset over this rumor because I am a Nintendo fan, but it actually pleases me. More likely than not, Microsoft's target would be a company who doesn't do much on Switch anyway, so if we are supposed to take sides in this thread, I am going to team up with the Xbots.

Besides, any Microsoft acquisition is bound to put the same games on the PC, so if someone really despises Xbox (which I do), there will still be no need to buy such a box.

As for boycotting Microsoft games, I am reminded of the treatment that Ori got on Switch with its physical releases. Each game for €40 instead of both of them for €40 which is their price as digital version. Still haven't bought either one of them, although that's less of a boycott and more a situation of me not being desperate enough to pay twice the price.

If I could choose, I want Microsoft to buy Take Two.

As a Nintendo fan, I generally feel the same way since 3rd parties have treated Nintendo like shit for so long that they have learned to thrive without them.  The only acquisition that would cause even a little bit of pain on Nintendo's side would be Koei Tecmo and that's only because Nintendo is fond of employing them for 2nd party projects.  I doubt that purchase would scare people this much so I'll just be sitting on the sidelines laughing at the chaos if this ever comes to pass.

Sega has been rumored for a while now so it may be that.
Or maybe WB games to combat Sony and the Marvel games they have.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

I buy everything, so I don't care. I do not bound myself to a single device out of "loyalty". I have my preferences sure, but when you give yourself no limitations, a game not going to my prefered platform is never an issue.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I'll believe it when I see it. So far every acquisition MS has made, insiders knew nothing of it. So forgive me if I don't believe that they know this time around.

Shiken said:

I buy everything, so I don't care. I do not bound myself to a single device out of "loyalty". I have my preferences sure, but when you give yourself no limitations, a game not going to my prefered platform is never an issue.

Yes, of course. But I think there are two levels to think about this, one is the personal level like yours, and the other is the gaming landscape level as a whole, and that is where this gets itchy. When we look at the entire gaming market as a whole then this gets qute troublesome.

BUT!!: This is nothing but a bad rumour based on nothing, so I wouldn't shit my pants already. We can start talking seriously when there's really some substance behind this but as of now this is nothing but a bad PS gamer's dream.

VersusEvil said:

"that's sad in my opinion :( How do you like acquisitions like this?"

Because I don't tie myself to a single gaming ecosystem. There's never been a single game I've not been able to play that I've wanted. So whoever buys who doesn't affect me and maybe you should actually look into what a monopoly actually is.

Screw us those who can't afford getting into more than one ecosystem. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Defenders are just shills at the end of the day.