By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS planning big takeover,wants to take games away from Nintendo/Sony (Rumor)

MS started with the whole “take away 3rd party content from the competition” from the 7th generation with the 360 then Sony followed with the PS4 and now PS5 and then Ms started buying studios and the trend continues.

They will do whatever they can with the money and continue buying studios, but then don’t complain if the other companies (Sony and Nintendo) start to make the same.

Around the Network
kazuyamishima said:

MS started with the whole “take away 3rd party content from the competition” from the 7th generation with the 360 then Sony followed with the PS4 and now PS5 and then Ms started buying studios and the trend continues.

They will do whatever they can with the money and continue buying studios, but then don’t complain if the other companies (Sony and Nintendo) start to make the same.

Yes totally started with Microsoft, didn't happen the previous generation at all. For example this:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2002-sony-gets-grand-theft-auto-exclusive/1100-2866884/#:~:text=Sony%20Computer%20Entertainment%20America%20and,PlayStation%202%20video%20game%20platform.

stop being a simp ace

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

stop being a simp ace

Part of me misses the old days! 

what do you mean? aside from traffic not much has changed, mods are cooked, fanpersons are being fanpersons, microsoft/sony aint got games and nintendo just rehashes the same formula since the NES

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:

what do you mean? aside from traffic not much has changed, mods are cooked, fanpersons are being fanpersons, microsoft/sony aint got games and nintendo just rehashes the same formula since the NES

I mean when you would simp things!

The 4 companies I keep seeing thrown around are...
Sega
Take Two
WB Games
Ubisoft

Take Two makes the least sense to me since they make a lot of money still and aren't really in trouble.
Sega and WB Games have some financial problems so I can see it being one of them.
Ubisoft makes some sense in that they still make money, but not as much as they used to. They also seem to be the most interested in streaming games which Microsoft is trying to be the first in (to get it right).

If this rumor is true then I predict WB Games.

More games coming to GP day one? Yes, please. I hope they buy at least two more publishers.

3rd parties that I prefer to stay 3rd party include Square, Sega, Capcom, Namco...Don't really care too much about the other 3rd parties.

Any huge MS acquisition will further encourage Sony and even Nintendo to buy big studios as well. We can hope new 3rd party studios will pop up to invigorate the ecosystem.