By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Showcase 09/09 - 40 mins of Summer

It would be nice if they were able to secure one of the Persona anniversary announcements for this showcase.

Around the Network

Man, seeing all the articles and speculation about all the stuff people are expecting, anything less than perfection is gonna leave a LOT of people majorly upset.

I need to pick up some popcorn.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

Runa216 said:

Man, seeing all the articles and speculation about all the stuff people are expecting, anything less than perfection is gonna leave a LOT of people majorly upset.

Are you agregating all the expectations? Thats crazzy. In my case I expect one game that has only been rumored. One game is not gona make or brake the show for me. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

I mean. If they announce Alan Wake Remastered, which is pretty much confirmed, I'll be satisfied.

Their seeming fearlessness to hype up the event tells me that there will be at least one major announcement along the lines of Silent Hill, a Metal Gear (Solid?) Remake, or a new From Software 2nd party exclusive.

I don't think we've ever got a major Souls-era From Software announcement before the release of their latest major game, but Elden Ring took an unusually long time to develop that it's possible they were working on two big projects.

Showing a bunch of gameplay sections and release dates for already announced games wouldn't cut it for me. Hopefully the least we're gonna get is a standalone TLoU Factions 2! I adored the first game's multiplayer.

Last edited by Kyuu - on 06 September 2021

Around the Network
Runa216 said:

I mean, Sony is promoting this like a major showcase, rather than a smaller, indie focused SoP. They haven't ruled out first party updates & they are giving us a week notice rather than a few days.

Runa216 said:

We will get GoW5 gameplay, there is zero chance of this event not being a massive success.

Runa216 said:

I am dreaming we get a nonstop showcase of incredible stuff but more realistically I'm just hoping there's at least one cool thing they show off for me

BraLoD said:
Runa216 said:

We will get GoW5 gameplay, there is zero chance of this event not being a massive success.

yeah, I imagine GoWR and GT7 are lock ins.

I look forward to GT7... will Polyphony dazzle after Forza Horizon 5... 

Blood_Tears said:

It would be nice if they were able to secure one of the Persona anniversary announcements for this showcase.

Would be, but I dunno: it's only a couple of weeks away that I think spacing this event with Persona PS5 news a couple weeks later seems more fun!!!

anything is cool though. P4G (And P3?) coming to PS4/ PS5 could be a nice bone to throw. Not overly important announcements for Atlus I'm sure.