Hoping we get updates / surprises of:

GT7
SF6
New Killzone
New Resistance
PSASBR made in partnership with Capcom
Astrobot Karting

One can hope and dream for some of these -_-

I dont understand this mentality, why are gamers not desiring brand new games? Remember spider man? remember Days gone? Remember Ghost of Tsushima? I want more new games like that, something different, not more of the same. I don't understand why is everyone enamoured with astrobot, I didn't like it even tough it was free, nowhere near the great platformers such as mario galaxy, mario odyssey etc Astrobot was a bit meh, played it for like 20 minutes and gave up.

Your list is so sad really, have you no imagination? What about a silent hill reboot? What about Uncharted 5? What about a game of thrones open world RPG? What about Days gone 2? What about a metal gear solid reboot? What about a brand new team ico game?

You've jumped so many hoops to come to this conclusion.

This isn't a definitive list, nor is it all I want. I can't really make a list saying "new IP 1, new IP 2, new IP 3."

I went with what's likely to happen for reasons that are logical to me:

1) Sony needs their own beat em up. SF6 would be great so would a new PSABR but made to pay like power stone. That would be anything but a lack of creativity or imagination having power Stone brought back as PASBR.

2) we are in need of an arcade racer and with how popular Astrobot is and how much fun Kart Racers are, why not?! 

3) Sony needs an FPS. They can create a new one, but with rumours of Sony remaking Resistance 1+2 why not?! It's a dormant franchise and this could hopefully trigger a fourth game. 

4) KZ 2 had one of the greatest MPs so it would just make sense to tap into the franchise. The gunplay was amazing as were the interactive maps. KZ did mechs, drones and jetpacks before Titanfall and other FPS's. The game did a lot of firsts and again, it's a franchise that we've not seen longer than infamous.

5) Sony wouldn't launch an infamous game the same year as a new Spiderman. Infamous would get buried and the superhero games would be pit against each other. 

Yes, I want a new IP from ND. I want that Sci-fi game they hinted towards. Maybe even an Uncharted Tomb Raider crossover since Sony as pally with Square. 

A new MAG since it's been laid to rest since the PS3 days. A MP game with 250 players were the battles were interactive. You couldn't push forward unless you took out the AA turrets. Where you could take out the enemy radar. We've not seen anything like this on consoles and it would be amazing to have a game like this again.

Why game of thrones?! We've read the books or seen the series. Why not a new story? Why not create something new all together based on myths and legends in China, Mongolia, Aztec?! 

Also, is there any need to jump to conclusions and attack someone's imagination based on a few bullet points?! You say pack of imagination followed by reboots of MGS and Uncharted 5?! It's like you're angry at a stranger over nothing. 

Around the Network

I would be interested in this if it contains. News about FF7 Remake part 2.

BraLoD said:

Getting close!

Still got a full day, Brolod! 

I bet Legend of Dragoon is getting a Bluepoint remaster, and Sony owns Bluepoint now. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
PotentHerbs said:

I mean, Sony is promoting this like a major showcase, rather than a smaller, indie focused SoP. They haven't ruled out first party updates & they are giving us a week notice rather than a few days.

Yeah, it might be a 'major' showcase for them, but to them that might just be showing more details of Death Loop, Kena, Horizon, Gran Turismo, and a handful of other titles we already know about with maybe one or two reveals. what Sony considers a major showcase is not the same as the rapid-fire megatons people are expecting. 

I'm sure we're gonna get a handful of lovely announcements, maybe one major reveal, but most of it is going to be rote, general stuff that isn't all that special. 

If you go through this forum, Reddit, Youtube, and even the articles popping up, people expect like 20 different megaton announcements, dozens of new game reveals, in-depth gameplay showcases, major announcements, and eternal wealth. Sony just doesn't do that level of megaton anymore. Last time they had a major reveal or presentation was the showcase with the FFVII Remake reveal. since then they've always been pretty low-key. 

I'd love to be wrong, I am a sony fangirl no doubt. I just think it's super important to keep expectations in check. Nothing in SOny's history has indicated to me that it's gonna be some uber-megaton rapid-fire. I predict like 25 minutes of it will be updates on games we already know about and don't really NEED updates on, 5 minutes announcing random indies, 5 minutes announcing a handful of PS5 versions of existing Ps4 games, and 5 minutes of gameplay reveal for God of War Ragnarok. I would be completely okay with that, and I'd think that'd still be a hell of a showcase in the end, but nowhere near the '6 first part exclusive reveals, 8 third party exclusive reveals, and release dates for every major game coming out next year". Again, I'd like that and it's not impossible, but if it's anything less than that there will be riots. 

Sony has said it's 40 minutes. Sony has not done something this size since last year. I have seen them announce the showcase, but I've not gotten any impression they're claiming it to be anything more than updates on the immediate future. 99% of the hype comes from users and Youtubers. 

I think you've nailed it Runa! Sony has not done big conferences or reveals in a really long time.

Also why do the big Forbidden West reveal in a state of play when it could have been held a little longer for this event (although its likely the delay only occurred after).

I honestly cant remember the last time I was excited for one of these events...or satisfied after.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

twintail said:
eva01beserk said:

For the people expecting multyplayer games. I just dont see it. Sony seems to have distanced themselves from them and focused on sort driven single player games and it looks like it worked great for them. The best we are gona get is last of us factions I would assume. If there is some big multyplayer showing it would most likely be 3rd party.

No I don't think is is true. Sony still continues to do MP titles (they had destruction all stars this year, GoT got a meaty MP addition, too). It's not their focus, but they still attempt it. 

On the horizon we have the potential Guerilla title (maybe MP focussed). Factions is most assuredly coming.

Jade Raymond's title sounds like it's MP. Deviation's game will most definitely have MP in it.

Sony will keep trying but you're right in saying that SP is their primary focus. But it's not their only focus. 

Maybe I should had specified to games focused on multiplayer. Cuz like ghost of tsushima. That is a single player that was added later a little multyplayer componemt. I just dont see a game that is focused on multyplayer being made by Sony. 

And to add my own bias here I kind of hope thats the case as i dont like multuplayer focused games. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
twintail said:
Shinobi-san said:

I think you've nailed it Runa! Sony has not done big conferences or reveals in a really long time.

Also why do the big Forbidden West reveal in a state of play when it could have been held a little longer for this event (although its likely the delay only occurred after).

I honestly cant remember the last time I was excited for one of these events...or satisfied after.

Because SoP's have become the new format for single game demonstrations, or for smaller updates throughout the year.

Horizon also had pre-order info go out before this event, so the gameplay demonstration would have been timed because of that and not for this event. 

We know the show is going to focus on this holiday season and beyond, so updates are naturally par for the course. But I don't think it's strange to be hyped for this event, especially when some Sony personnel are. The support team in Malaysia, for instance, is very pumped to have something they've helped on be shown. Could be GoW, could be Factions, could be something else.

Not strange at all....Sony events tend to garner hype no matter what. I just think given some expectations that we see online on forums and youtube etc. its bound to disappoint. 

Personally though I'd love to see a major event from Sony with big game reveals, and some sort of strategy with regards to PS+, PSNow and PS5 system updates. It feels like for the last 2 years or so and pretty much since Sony left E3 - information has been coming in drips and drabs creating more questions and confusion than anything else really. 

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

This guys likes to troll but.. could make an appearance at the show.

I'm hoping for multiple things :)

- Even if we have a release date (and I managed to pre-order a collector edition), I would love to see more of Horizon F. West.
- Maybe some update on Final Fantasy 16
- And if this rumor about Metal Gear is true, then that would be amazing to see something, even a tease about the next Metal Gear.
- I know Death Loop is coming out soon but I really wish they will not spend too much on this and focus on the next things instead

Kyuu said:
hinch said:

This guys likes to troll but.. could make an appearance at the show.

It's happening. My favorite video game of all time is getting a (proper) remake helmed by Kojima and co-developed with Bluepoint.

... just let this poor man dream.

He's has been teasing for months now - via Twitter, DS Directors cut trailer (with references to MGS) etc. Lets hope its not nothing-burger..

Only a few hours to go!

I really hope that retail listing yesterday of the new Bend game was fake.