By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Showcase 09/09 - 40 mins of Summer

God of war and ffxvi are what I'm most looking foward to that I know off.
I know they will show a lot of other stuff but will any come this Holliday? If wr go by rumors that silent hills game should be here.
Horizon? We seen plenty of this game already. Save it for right before release and do a second state of play.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

I worry that y'all are getting WAY too worked up over this. It seems everyone's estimating a different version of a megaton and, outside of E3, Sony doesn't really do that. We might get one or two nice reveals or drops, but I just don't see this living up to the expectations that you've all set for yourselves. I look forward to the meltdown about how Sony has lost it and they've lost the generation and how they're going down the toilet when this proves to be simply alright.

I figure we'll see 2-3 big games (Horizon, God of War, gran Turismo) but no huge reveals. Mostly indie stuff, probably WAY too much time spent selling Death Loop, and nothing about this Fromsoft exclusive Souls game. (Which I absolutely hope is real because Bloodborne is one of the greatest games of all time and I'd like to see what the PS5's version of that could be)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

I worry that y'all are getting WAY too worked up over this. It seems everyone's estimating a different version of a megaton and, outside of E3, Sony doesn't really do that. We might get one or two nice reveals or drops, but I just don't see this living up to the expectations that you've all set for yourselves. I look forward to the meltdown about how Sony has lost it and they've lost the generation and how they're going down the toilet when this proves to be simply alright.

I figure we'll see 2-3 big games (Horizon, God of War, gran Turismo) but no huge reveals. Mostly indie stuff, probably WAY too much time spent selling Death Loop, and nothing about this Fromsoft exclusive Souls game. (Which I absolutely hope is real because Bloodborne is one of the greatest games of all time and I'd like to see what the PS5's version of that could be)

Its important to note that this is not a state of play, it's branded as a games Showcase so it is essentially a mini E3 presentation. I assume similar to what we saw last Summer. I wouldn't expect too many reveals simply because Sony has already blown their load, but I do expect at least one from Sony and one major reveal from a 3rd party. There are also plenty of 3rd Party titles due in 2022 that are due an update but skipped E3. Forsaken, Hogwarts should at least be added to those list of big games and I'm suspecting we'll see a FF16 update. Elden Ring is also launching in 4months. So lots of potential big games to be shown even if there are no major reveals.

Pretty excited for this. I don't expect it to be anywhere near as big as last years, but I hope there's at least one (or more) big announcement/s at the event.

Also God of War being heavily hinted at being there so put me on the hype train!

Last edited by hinch - on 05 September 2021

It would be nice if they were able to secure one of the Persona anniversary announcements for this showcase.

Around the Network

Man, seeing all the articles and speculation about all the stuff people are expecting, anything less than perfection is gonna leave a LOT of people majorly upset.

I need to pick up some popcorn.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

Man, seeing all the articles and speculation about all the stuff people are expecting, anything less than perfection is gonna leave a LOT of people majorly upset.

Are you agregating all the expectations? Thats crazzy. In my case I expect one game that has only been rumored. One game is not gona make or brake the show for me. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Runa216 said:

I mean, Sony is promoting this like a major showcase, rather than a smaller, indie focused SoP. They haven't ruled out first party updates & they are giving us a week notice rather than a few days.

Runa216 said:

I am dreaming we get a nonstop showcase of incredible stuff but more realistically I'm just hoping there's at least one cool thing they show off for me

I'd love it if they revealed Guerilla Games' new IP and it turned out to be SOCOM 5. They were rather vague about its details and it could just be an online component this second team at GG is working on for all we know. Then again, they did hire some ex-SOCOM devs, so who knows? Plus I'm not big on Killzone. Sorry, it's just not for me.