By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Showcase 09/09 - 40 mins of Summer

Wow. If they were not showing anticipated updates to first party stuff we have barely seen, or we have not seen at all, they would say so - managing expectations is something they really do great at lately. So I think we can expect quite something - I do think GoW will show up in some capacity. Perhaps something purely cinematic. And I am eager to find out what Blue Points next project is. There could be even updates from pixel opus, polyphony, asobi, london, media molecule. A big dreams-ps5-patch / update would be really cool.

Around the Network

I'll love:

GOW Trailer
Hogwarts Walkthrough
Naughty Dog Multiplayer Game reveal (secretely hoping its not TLOU releated_
Little devil Inside release date
FFXVI trailer
Forsaken gameplay deep dive and release date
GenDesign (The Last Guardian) game reveal

GoW5 gameplay :3

SF 6 & Bioshock 4 Full and timed exclusive respectively
God of War reveal
GT 7
FF 16
Harry Potter
GTA Collection
Horizon Forbidden West
ND MP game reveal
From Software exclusive

Some of my guesses going to be their blowout show since they haven't shown much and they skipped E3. Hopefully more Japanese stuff as well.

EDIT: GAMEPLAY REVEAL OF GOD OF WAR YOU CREEP. 

It'll be interesting to see which of the random rumoured games are actually true and announced:

We've got Velvet Veil (From exclusive), a Bloodborne remaster, Wipeout by Lucid, Twisted Metal and a new Sly Cooper.

While I doubt most of this, I did see a suggestion that Sly could be the new project for PixelOpus, who are currently collaborating with Sony animation on their next game. That makes me like the rumour more haha

Around the Network

God of war and ffxvi are what I'm most looking foward to that I know off.
I know they will show a lot of other stuff but will any come this Holliday? If wr go by rumors that silent hills game should be here.
Horizon? We seen plenty of this game already. Save it for right before release and do a second state of play.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

I worry that y'all are getting WAY too worked up over this. It seems everyone's estimating a different version of a megaton and, outside of E3, Sony doesn't really do that. We might get one or two nice reveals or drops, but I just don't see this living up to the expectations that you've all set for yourselves. I look forward to the meltdown about how Sony has lost it and they've lost the generation and how they're going down the toilet when this proves to be simply alright.

I figure we'll see 2-3 big games (Horizon, God of War, gran Turismo) but no huge reveals. Mostly indie stuff, probably WAY too much time spent selling Death Loop, and nothing about this Fromsoft exclusive Souls game. (Which I absolutely hope is real because Bloodborne is one of the greatest games of all time and I'd like to see what the PS5's version of that could be)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

Runa216 said:

I worry that y'all are getting WAY too worked up over this. It seems everyone's estimating a different version of a megaton and, outside of E3, Sony doesn't really do that. We might get one or two nice reveals or drops, but I just don't see this living up to the expectations that you've all set for yourselves. I look forward to the meltdown about how Sony has lost it and they've lost the generation and how they're going down the toilet when this proves to be simply alright.

I figure we'll see 2-3 big games (Horizon, God of War, gran Turismo) but no huge reveals. Mostly indie stuff, probably WAY too much time spent selling Death Loop, and nothing about this Fromsoft exclusive Souls game. (Which I absolutely hope is real because Bloodborne is one of the greatest games of all time and I'd like to see what the PS5's version of that could be)

Its important to note that this is not a state of play, it's branded as a games Showcase so it is essentially a mini E3 presentation. I assume similar to what we saw last Summer. I wouldn't expect too many reveals simply because Sony has already blown their load, but I do expect at least one from Sony and one major reveal from a 3rd party. There are also plenty of 3rd Party titles due in 2022 that are due an update but skipped E3. Forsaken, Hogwarts should at least be added to those list of big games and I'm suspecting we'll see a FF16 update. Elden Ring is also launching in 4months. So lots of potential big games to be shown even if there are no major reveals.

Runa216 said:

I guess it depends how you look at it. Hype is fun. It means nothing to me if the megaton I want is there or not.

But I do think we'll get something big. Otherwise this would just be a standard SoP (which itself can still get big news).

And if not, then whatever. Seeing GoW2 and GT7 will be worth it. 

Pretty excited for this. I don't expect it to be anywhere near as big as last years, but I hope there's at least one (or more) big announcement/s at the event.

Also God of War being heavily hinted at being there so put me on the hype train!

Last edited by hinch - on 05 September 2021