By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you plan to buy a Switch OLED model?

Do you plan to buy a Switch OLED model?

Yes, and it will be my first Switch 39 4.48%

Yes, and I already own a Switch/Switch Lite 133 15.27%

No, I am still not interested in any Switch 128 14.70%

No, I am happy with my Switch/Switch Lite 349 40.07%

I am still undecided 67 7.69%

All I wanted was a Switch Pro 155 17.80%

Total:871

Noo.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network

No, My Switch never leaves the dock so this does nothing for me.

No, not unless I can trade in my OG model to shave off a significant portion of the asking price, and if I can't even get that, then I'll simply not bother with the OLED model entirely.

It's not like it's a massive upgrade, compared to what I was originally expecting.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

No. I'm 99% docked thus it isn't an upgrade for me.

Nah. This is mostly for people who don't already own a Switch. As chance has it I actually do already own a Switch so I'm good. It's not a docked/undocked thing because in fact I mostly play undocked, but still, it's just not needed.

Bonus: Because they're dumb and follow in each others hype.

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure it doesn't change my TV into an OLED model, so no.

Well, if my 2017 model gets broken, I'd upgrade to the OLED model (and sell one of the docks).

I also thought about getting a second Switch, if the battery of my 2017 model gets worse. The old device would stay in the dock all the time (so the bad battery wouldn't be a problem), would have internet access 24/7 (so setting it non-primary wouldn't be a problem).

The OLED version would be set to primary (for offline access of my digital games) and would be my Switch handheld with a lot of mobile advantages compared to the degraded old model:

- bigger screen (useful for tiny text in games... the eyes don't get better while getting older)
- higher brightness (useful outside in daylight)
- better battery life (useful on the go without a power outlet nearby)

Auto-syncing savedata between two Switches should finally work:

https://www.nintendolife.com/guides/how-to-share-games-and-saves-across-nintendo-switch-and-switch-lite

Last edited by Conina - on 12 July 2021

As I play mostly in TV mode, it has nothing to offer me.

I might need my own Switch when I move out but I think I'll hold out a bit to see whether we get any hints/rumours of a Switch Successor which should proceed any actual reveal by a year at minimum.
-I'll rather buy a cheap Switch TV than this OLED model
-I'll rather sit 2022 out and wait to a buy a successor late 2023/early 2024 than invest in another Switch since I've played most of the must-have games.

No

Most Insiders just guess a lot of stuff and are right from time to time. They know Nintendo, they know Nintendo often changes their hardware a little bit so they probably thought Nintendo could have better hardware so let's just sell a guess as insider information^^

Nope, I play almost always in docked mode so there isn't much of a benefit to me getting one.