By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you plan to buy a Switch OLED model?

Do you plan to buy a Switch OLED model?

Yes, and it will be my first Switch 39 4.48%

Yes, and I already own a Switch/Switch Lite 133 15.27%

No, I am still not interested in any Switch 128 14.70%

No, I am happy with my Switch/Switch Lite 349 40.07%

I am still undecided 67 7.69%

All I wanted was a Switch Pro 155 17.80%

Total:871

No.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

I like it and would get it over the lite any day. Although I play docked 99% of the time so it's not for me.

I will buy it cause I need two switches as my sister keeps stealing mine. But I'd rather not get two of the same switches.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

WoodenPints said:

No, My Switch never leaves the dock so this does nothing for me.

Same for me.

Maybe if my current Switch breaks for some reason, but Im good for now.

No way. I've had a standard Switch for four years this month. I play in docked mode around 80% of the time (possibly higher). Even if I played way more in handheld mode the few new features aren't worth it.
A Switch Deluxe (or whatever it would be called) still probably wouldn't be enough to entice me. So Switch OLED sure as heck won't.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

Yes. Will give my launch model to my gf

Baddman said:

Same here.  I've been holding off getting a 2nd Switch and giving the launch model to my wife in the hopes that the Pro rumors were true.  But since there is no Pro on the horizon now, I'll get the OLED instead.  Even though I use the Switch primarily in docked mode, I do take it to work with me and use it on lunchbreak and other times away from home as well.  So the better screen quality will be worth it for me.

Nope, I only use mine docked. And even if I did use it as a handheld, I don't think the upgrades are worth enough for me to buy a whole new machine. I actually never bought any updates or revisions of any console, come to think of it.

Mandalore76 said:
Baddman said:

Same here.  I've been holding off getting a 2nd Switch and giving the launch model to my wife in the hopes that the Pro rumors were true.  But since there is no Pro on the horizon now, I'll get the OLED instead.  Even though I use the Switch primarily in docked mode, I do take it to work with me and use it on lunchbreak and other times away from home as well.  So the better screen quality will be worth it for me.

That is pretty much the exact reason I'm getting one also. I also play my switch handheld while I watch sports

No, the only thing that might entice me is the ethernet port but even then I don't think being on a wired connection would improve Smash's online by much.

Signature goes here!