By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you plan to buy a Switch OLED model?

Do you plan to buy a Switch OLED model?

Yes, and it will be my first Switch 39 4.48%

Yes, and I already own a Switch/Switch Lite 133 15.27%

No, I am still not interested in any Switch 128 14.70%

No, I am happy with my Switch/Switch Lite 349 40.07%

I am still undecided 67 7.69%

All I wanted was a Switch Pro 155 17.80%

Total:871

Yes if I need to replace my Switch, which isn’t the case for now.

As for insiders, they heard or found infos and they simply jumped on the only conclusion that fits their own fantasy that they have been pushing since before the Switch was even launched. Are we even surprised they were wrong ?

Around the Network

I‘ll probably just buy the new dock.

I'm happy with my current Switch, so no plans to buy the Switch OLED model.

Mummelmann said:
TruckOSaurus said:

No, the only thing that might entice me is the ethernet port but even then I don't think being on a wired connection would improve Smash's online by much.

Well, at least they add ports rather than take them away!

They add an ethernet port and take one USB port away.

I rarely take my current switch out of its dock so The benefits of an OLED screen don’t apply to me.

Around the Network

I'll get it, just for shits and giggles.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

I plan on getting it, but I don't need to get it this year.  I expect scalpers to buy up as much of this year's stock as possible.  But I bought by base model at launch, and we've used the hell out of it.  Before I bought my daughter a Lite model she constantly was using the Switch, and she was not particularly gentle with it.  Even not regarding that though I use the Switch a lot too, both in handheld and docked mode.  I just expect I'll need to replace it, but I can wait for a decent holiday sale/bundle before I get the next model.  It doesn't have to be anytime soon.

Definitely not for me. Its heavy price tag for a feature i would rarely use is skippable for me. My standard Switch is good enough. I was hoping for a more powerful model to entice me.

The only reason I'll ever get it is if my current Switch breaks. Otherwise it just feels like a completely pointless purchase for anyone who already owns a Switch.

I use both portable and TV functions, so yeah I will be upgrading from the launch model. It also makes sense for me because my daughter is now old enough for her own Switch, so I will be giving her my original model.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261