By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you plan to buy a Switch OLED model?

Do you plan to buy a Switch OLED model?

Yes, and it will be my first Switch 39 4.48%

Yes, and I already own a Switch/Switch Lite 133 15.29%

No, I am still not interested in any Switch 128 14.71%

No, I am happy with my Switch/Switch Lite 349 40.11%

I am still undecided 67 7.70%

All I wanted was a Switch Pro 154 17.70%

Total:870

Yes, later. 

Around the Network

I might look into it if N will have an option to unlock the X1 to full speed like home brew hacks.

That should include a slightly increased cooler & fan. The new dock has these enlarged ventilation holes and that might indicate the need for better cooling.

My guess is still no.

numberwang said:

I might look into it if N will have an option to unlock the X1 to full speed like home brew hacks.

That should include a slightly increased cooler & fan. The new dock has these enlarged ventilation holes and that might indicate the need for better cooling.

My guess is still no.

Yea DF got a hold of the dev sheet and the internals are all identical to a normal switch.

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

There is zero chance of me buying any new Switch unless my existing one breaks. We can now confidently say that there's not going to be a mid-gen upgrade of significance until 2022 at the earliest, which would be 5+ years from launch. I doubt that the Switch successor will launch later than 2024. So, any upgraded Switch will only be the top of the line system for two years. Not worth the investment.

Yes if I need to replace my Switch, which isn’t the case for now.

As for insiders, they heard or found infos and they simply jumped on the only conclusion that fits their own fantasy that they have been pushing since before the Switch was even launched. Are we even surprised they were wrong ?

Around the Network

I‘ll probably just buy the new dock.

I'm happy with my current Switch, so no plans to buy the Switch OLED model.

Mummelmann said:
TruckOSaurus said:

No, the only thing that might entice me is the ethernet port but even then I don't think being on a wired connection would improve Smash's online by much.

Well, at least they add ports rather than take them away!

They add an ethernet port and take one USB port away.

I rarely take my current switch out of its dock so The benefits of an OLED screen don’t apply to me.

I'll get it, just for shits and giggles.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.