By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware June 20-26 - Switch Sells 376K, PS5 Sells 226K, XS Sells 136K

Switch is a beast. Crazy how well it continues to do.

Around the Network

88 million for Switch next week.

PS5 should cross 10 million within the next 2-3 weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Solid week for all consoles. Switch continues to sell like crazy.

Looks like Switch will hit 90m sometime around late July/early August.

Damn! Xbox making 4 digits sales in japan? Serie S effect? Still a long way to go, but this is a first step.

Around the Network
Manlytears said:

Damn! Xbox making 4 digits sales in japan? Serie S effect? Still a long way to go, but this is a first step.

Well the latest week according to famitsu has 2716 X vs 754 S, so no I would't call it the S effect.

trunkswd said:

I should point out the week of July 3 (last week of June) will be the last week VGChartz tracks the 3DS outside of Japan. After that we will only be reporting on 3DS sales in Japan.

Nintendo shipped 75.94 million 3DS units lifetime while we have 3DS figures at just below that.

Another stage of the death of the 3DS. It was discontinued last year, and there's only so much remaining stock that exists.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Shoutout to everyone in Japan who bought an Xbox One this week. All 7 of you.

Xbox Series manages to lead PS5 in North America again, I wonder if it could reclaim its old home turf from Playstation this gen.

curl-6 said:

Xbox Series manages to lead PS5 in North America again, I wonder if it could reclaim its old home turf from Playstation this gen.

It's entirely possible. Heck, it's likely. The PS4 only outsold the Xbox One by 6.01 million in North America. But PS4 had a massive lead in Europe, Japan, and the rest of the world combined.

The Xbox Series S/X will get easier to find over time, and we'll get games like Halo Infinite. And GamePass is only going to keep growing.

I expect the Series S/X to outsell the Xbox One globally, but I expect the PS5 to sell less globally than the PS4. The lead Sony had in the eighth generation will shrink. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

curl-6 said:

Until the shortage ends the console that ships the most will sell the best in North America. If Xbox ships more consoles this year then PlayStation they will sell better and if PlayStation ships more consoles they will sell better. We probably have to wait a year to gauge the real demand and to have a glimpse onto how this gen will unfold.