By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - HOT: "Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut" for PS5/PS4 in August!!

Jesus dude, stop saying everyone is a part of 'the problem' when there is no problem. Baw, cry me a river. YOU don't want to pay 10 bucks extra. That's a you problem, not everyone else. How detached from reality can you get?

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

Around the Network
Azzanation said:

You support it, you create new ways for for companies to exploit you and than you become part of the problem. 

Yeah i stand by my statement, it costs Sony peanuts to implement Haptic Feedback. I also dont see Nintendo charging an extra $10 to implement HD Rumble either. 

I am sorry, a PS4 game being charged close to full price with an additional $10 for PS5 owners is being bent over. Supporting it will only make it continue. Again your money, not sure why i am trying to protect it. Anyway this convo gotten old, its clearly going no where.

Oh it's certainly going nowhere. I just find is rather fascinating how much it bothers you I don't mind paying $70 for games.
Actually it's CAD 90 https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ghost-of-tsushima-director-s-cut-ps5/15596034
But I don't pre-order, will buy on August 20th. I thought it would be out already but the complaining just started early.

Btw Skyward Sword Switch is CAD 80 here, Skyward Sword Wii U is currently $20 (CAD 25), good example ;)

Creating new ways for companies to exploit people is when the xbox generation didn't mind paying to use their own online connection. We're still stuck with that and Sony and Nintendo followed. Only the PC crowd had the power to say no, but MS is still trying to get more and more locked into the closed windows store, so never say never ;)

Runa216 said:

Jesus dude, stop saying everyone is a part of 'the problem' when there is no problem. Baw, cry me a river. YOU don't want to pay 10 bucks extra. That's a you problem, not everyone else. How detached from reality can you get?

I don't want to spend $10 to upgrade it to PS5 either, also don't want to pay $70 on any PS5 games much less a PS4 game, but you should know who you are arguing with, the guy has always been completely against Sony everywhere, not just here, he was all over N4G white knighting MS and fighting evil Sony back in 2014. Really invested on it.

You can find a lot of that here too if you want to...

It's certainly a lot more subtle now than it was before, but it has always been the same bias nonetheless.

There is no arguing going on, whatever Sony does it's going to be a "problem".

Just don't waste your time, really.

Azzanation said:
eva01beserk said:

As far as im aware. The leading problem with the industries at the moment is the exploitstion of whales with microtrandactions in the form of skins and season pasees and all that bullshit. And out the 3 platform holders the only one doing so is MS. Are you to protest them to?

If you find MT and loot boxes a bad exploit than paying $10 for something that should be standard is the exact same thing. You support it, you are part of the problem. 

For the record, you paying $10 for the PS5 upgrade is a MT.

In what way are they even close? A one time purchase of $10 against a constant milking with garbage that sometimes is no more than a color swap. And if you havent notice the entire world is trying to restrict those lootboxes. The ones getting the most heat right now is EA with FIFA. Litle things like that where a gamer can spend thousands on pretty much nothing that resets every year. Basicly these big companies are trying to bring the mobile models to the console space. But thats ok with you I guess. Thousands of dolllars on cosmetics if fine but $10 one time purchase for an game upgrade is where it croses the line. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

BraLoD said:
Runa216 said:

I don't want to spend $10 to upgrade it to PS5 either, also don't want to pay $70 on any PS5 games much less a PS4 game, but you should know who you are arguing with, the guy has always been completely against Sony everywhere, not just here, he was all over N4G white knighting MS and fighting evil Sony back in 2014. Really invested on it.

It's certainly a lot more subtle now than it was before, but it has always been the same bias nonetheless.

Subtle? You think so? You can pretty much predict before the guy post in any sony thread that is gona be some bashing. You can just wait on it as soon a s a thread is created. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Runa216 said:

Yah, but you're not being a petulant brat about it. I don't mind if people don't necessarily find value in the same things I or others do, but this crusade about a small, tiny little increase in price that is a natural effect of the flow of time is just so remarkably silly to me. And it should be foolish to anyone who has ever...existed for more than a few years. that's just how things work. Things get more expensive. IT's an irrefutable fact of economics. 

Since it's a luxury item and not bread or whatever, we're just lucky that it's ONLY 10 bucks and not having to re-buy from scratch like it would have been with previous generations. 

And yeah, I know Azzanation has a rather lengthy history of being exceptionally critical of Sony. Shitting on them in most articles, shitting on every single thing they do here. Luckily he mostly sticks to Xbox threads so I don't have to deal with him, but this is just ridiculous. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

I'm so jaleous of this guy's skills :

PS1 : 102.50M | PS2 : 157.68M | PS3 : 87.41M | PS4 : 115.81M (right now) | PS5 : ?

eva01beserk said:
BraLoD said:

Subtle? You think so? You can pretty much predict before the guy post in any sony thread that is gona be some bashing. You can just wait on it as soon a s a thread is created. 

You probably just don't remember how much worse it was before, lol.

Runa216 said:

There is a SNY dominance 'problem' for their competition. Especially when it comes to their exclusives.

What are you people thinking, putting slightly more money towards those blockbuster exclusives? They're already a solid wall. Why do you need to further fund PS Studios to make it even higher to scale? Shame on you!

Azzanation said:

You support it, you create new ways for for companies to exploit you and than you become part of the problem. 

Yeah i stand by my statement, it costs Sony peanuts to implement Haptic Feedback. I also dont see Nintendo charging an extra $10 to implement HD Rumble either. 

I am sorry, a PS4 game being charged close to full price with an additional $10 for PS5 owners is being bent over. Supporting it will only make it continue. Again your money, not sure why i am trying to protect it. Anyway this convo gotten old, its clearly going no where.

I think you're downplaying whatever effort has gone into the development of the PS5 features (JPN lip syncing, 4k60fps, 3D audio, haptics, adaptive trigger).

Sure, one could argue that these may not necessarily justify an additional $10 price tag, but it appears to me to be disingenuous to assume it's 'peanuts' in terms of cost. Someone is working on it, someone has to test it for QA, time and effort are being used, resources are being used. And without any hands on experience regarding how the haptics are being used, it's difficult to say whether a lot of effort went into their implementation or not.

At the end of the day, until it's out, we can't say for sure whether the additional features are worth it or not.