By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - HOT: "Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut" for PS5/PS4 in August!!

Azzanation said:

Another one using high priced PS5 games as the excuse for the added paywall, and they forget the game they are referring to is a PS4 game.

Okay dude, go spend that extra $10 for free accessories and support the idea. 

IT's not a PS4 game. It's a PS5 game. IT's a PS5 version of the game with features and performance not possible on a PS4. I Don't understand what's so hard to understand about that for you. This is no different from any other generation transitional period. 

And I will spend the extra $10 because I do think it's a great idea to pay an upgrade fee instead of having to re-buy the game from scratch. Free is nice, but it;s not sustainable. This is a great balance/compromise between consumer and developer/publisher needs. 

Again, you're just entitled and feel you should be getting it free because...greed I guess? Again, your arguments are bad. Like, really bad. If you don't wanna pay the upgrade fee, that's fine. Don't bitch at others becuase they happen to see value in it. don't argue 'til you're blue in the face to try and bemoan a perfectly reasonable solution that benefits all parties and is in line with the natual progression of the economy, especially for a luxury item. 

You're not entitled to a PS5 version of a PS4 game free of charge. you are not obligated to pay the fee if you want to play the game on the PS5. The developer has given you options and made both reasonable and affordable, each with their own pros and cons. If you don't wanna upgrade to the PS5 version (Regardless of the Iki island expansion), then don't. The Ps4 versions till has improved frame rates and performance and a bunch of added post-launch content you don't have to pay for. 

IT's increasingly clear you're just here to stir the pot. Other people in this thread, while they have equally bad arguments, at least seem to be coming to terms with the fact that they're outnumbered and not winning. You're just poking and prodding the nest and stirring the pot. simple as that. 

I stopped replying to you a while ago because it was clear you were doing this and had no interest in actually engaging with the arguments being made to counter you, yet here you are. As usual. Don't expect further responses from me. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Azzanation said:

BC is awesome and Sony should continue with it as BC is now a standard in the industry. It should never disappear.

Wait so you understand why they are charging more for PS5 games but did you forget that GOT is a PS4 game? Or did you forget that part? If they are increasing prices for PS5 games than why are PS4 games being charged for full price and a little extra for PS5 features?

At the end of the day, if you and Runa216 like being bent over by a company who not only is making millions in this industry and doing very well, but also trying to milk you a little bit further and give you excuses like adding Lip Syncing to sweeten the deal than iv done my part in warning you. I hope this practice doesn't spread like a disease across the industry. 

Prices increase gradually, at some point you make a break to a higher price point. This generation is the break.

Game prices in Canada have been going up step wise for a long time cause economy. At PS4 launch the Canadian dollar had parity with the US dollar, by the end of the generation games were CAD 80 instead of CAD 60. Same games, same system, 20 dollars more!!! How dare they ask more money when money loses its value over time.

New PS5 games are now 89.99 here, Ghost of Tsushima ps4 version 79.99, PS5 version 89.99. When the exchange rate goes up and down prices don't follow along immediately either, and get adjusted in 5 dollar increments. I paid CAD 160 for FS2020... (still a bargain for what you get)

PS2 games were $50 in 2000, adjusted for inflation that is currently $78.16
It hit $60 in 2007, PS3 released in 2006 with $60 games
It hit $67 in 2013 at the PS4 release, games stayed at $60
Now it's adjusted to $70, undervalued still

The disease that's spreading (for a long time) is games not being valued anymore. Since cheap digital games, free to pay, early discounts, bundles, ps+ and other rental services people have grown used to getting stuff for little or nothing. A game studios have gone under and now we only have indies and AAA left as only AAA is allowed to ask for 'full' price, while the low indie prices can't support the middle ground. Diversity in big games is getting less as more and more copies have to be sold to make it profitable. If the trend continues we'll be left with GTA, CoD and small indies and a whole bunch of free to pay continuously games.

Runa216 said:
Azzanation said:

Another one using high priced PS5 games as the excuse for the added paywall, and they forget the game they are referring to is a PS4 game.

Okay dude, go spend that extra $10 for free accessories and support the idea. 

IT's not a PS4 game. It's a PS5 game. IT's a PS5 version of the game with features and performance not possible on a PS4. I Don't understand what's so hard to understand about that for you. This is no different from any other generation transitional period. 

And I will spend the extra $10 because I do think it's a great idea to pay an upgrade fee instead of having to re-buy the game from scratch. Free is nice, but it;s not sustainable. This is a great balance/compromise between consumer and developer/publisher needs. 

Again, you're just entitled and feel you should be getting it free because...greed I guess? Again, your arguments are bad. Like, really bad. If you don't wanna pay the upgrade fee, that's fine. Don't bitch at others becuase they happen to see value in it. don't argue 'til you're blue in the face to try and bemoan a perfectly reasonable solution that benefits all parties and is in line with the natual progression of the economy, especially for a luxury item. 

You're not entitled to a PS5 version of a PS4 game free of charge. you are not obligated to pay the fee if you want to play the game on the PS5. The developer has given you options and made both reasonable and affordable, each with their own pros and cons. If you don't wanna upgrade to the PS5 version (Regardless of the Iki island expansion), then don't. The Ps4 versions till has improved frame rates and performance and a bunch of added post-launch content you don't have to pay for. 

IT's increasingly clear you're just here to stir the pot. Other people in this thread, while they have equally bad arguments, at least seem to be coming to terms with the fact that they're outnumbered and not winning. You're just poking and prodding the nest and stirring the pot. simple as that. 

I stopped replying to you a while ago because it was clear you were doing this and had no interest in actually engaging with the arguments being made to counter you, yet here you are. As usual. Don't expect further responses from me. 

Floored argument, GOT is not a PS5 game, the sooner you understand that, the better.

SvennoJ said:

Prices increase gradually, at some point you make a break to a higher price point. This generation is the break.

Game prices in Canada have been going up step wise for a long time cause economy. At PS4 launch the Canadian dollar had parity with the US dollar, by the end of the generation games were CAD 80 instead of CAD 60. Same games, same system, 20 dollars more!!! How dare they ask more money when money loses its value over time.

New PS5 games are now 89.99 here, Ghost of Tsushima ps4 version 79.99, PS5 version 89.99. When the exchange rate goes up and down prices don't follow along immediately either, and get adjusted in 5 dollar increments. I paid CAD 160 for FS2020... (still a bargain for what you get)

The disease that's spreading (for a long time) is games not being valued anymore. Since cheap digital games, free to pay, early discounts, bundles, ps+ and other rental services people have grown used to getting stuff for little or nothing. A game studios have gone under and now we only have indies and AAA left as only AAA is allowed to ask for 'full' price, while the low indie prices can't support the middle ground. Diversity in big games is getting less as more and more copies have to be sold to make it profitable. If the trend continues we'll be left with GTA, CoD and small indies and a whole bunch of free to pay continuously games.

This isnt about inflation. This is about paying extra for something you should be getting anyway. The game and DLC is not free, infact we are paying top price for an old game, thats fine but why do PS5 owners get scupled? Shouldn't the benefits of the PS5 be built in, shouldn't Sony look after there premium customers?

With your logic, you wont be against future charges like if Sony decide to charge extra, every time a game uses the full capability of the PS5 SSD because it costs money to implement right? 

This $10 charge is the exact same logic except with the controller.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 10 July 2021

Azzanation said:

Floored argument, GOT is not a PS5 game, the sooner you understand that, the better.

SvennoJ said:

This isnt about inflation. This is about paying extra for something you should be getting anyway. The game and DLC is not free, infact we are paying top price for an old game, thats fine but why do PS5 owners get scupled? Shouldn't the benefits of the PS5 be built in, shouldn't Sony look after there premium customers?

With your logic, you wont be against future charges like if Sony decide to charge extra, every time a game uses the full capability of the PS5 SSD because it costs money to implement right? 

This $10 charge is the exact same logic except with the controller.

This is about paying extra for something you should be getting anyway.

Nope, that's where you are fundamentally wrong. You are not entitled to any new content after the sale is completed, unless specifically stated otherwise.

With my logic PS5 games will stay $70 and you have already paid the $10 difference ;)

SvennoJ said:

Nope, that's where you are fundamentally wrong. You are not entitled to any new content after the sale is completed, unless specifically stated otherwise.

With my logic PS5 games will stay $70 and you have already paid the $10 difference ;)

You are acting like Sony are giving GOT away for free. Far from the case. 

This is Sony trying to justify selling their PS4 games at PS5 price because they can, and instead of being critical, you are praising this habit.

Sony could have the decency to honor their PS5 customers. Instead they are using PS5 customers as whales and adding fees on features that probably took one guy in Sony's office on his regular salary to implement. Sony want to make millions off the idea and you have opened your wallet instead of questioning. 

If you like paying extra than suit yourself, However its that attitude which is why we end up with shitty business practices.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
SvennoJ said:

This is Sony trying to justify selling their PS4 games at PS5 price because they can, and instead of being critical, you are praising this habit.

Sony could have the decency to honor their PS5 customers. Instead they are using PS5 customers as whales and adding fees on features that probably took one guy in Sony's office on his regular salary to implement. Sony want to make millions off the idea and you have opened your wallet instead of questioning. 

If you like paying extra than suit yourself, However its that attitude which is why we end up with shitty business practices.

As far as im aware. The leading problem with the industries at the moment is the exploitstion of whales with microtrandactions in the form of skins and season pasees and all that bullshit. And out the 3 platform holders the only one doing so is MS. Are you to protest them to?

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Azzanation said:

I'm not praising anything, I'm just saying the price increase is long overdue.
By your logic Sony should have raised the price of GoT on ps4 to $70 as well.
The generational transition is a good break to set prices at a more realistic point.

Why do you keep insisting haptic feedback and the other extras are no work to implement? One guy? What are you smoking.

Shitty business practice would be, no extras, no BC, no upgrade path. Just the old way, ps4 version $60, ps5 version $70. Except that wouldn't even be shitty, just realistic pricing without adding confusion. Same as Blu-ray next to 4K Blu-ray prices. There it really only takes one guy to push one button to generate a blu-ray master next to a 4K blu-ray master. Here you get ps5 specific optimizations, next to extras and new content in the form of haptic feedback and lipsync, with the possibility to upgrade or simply play the ps4 version in BC mode with better stability and faster loading times.

You're just complaining for the sake of complaining. If you want to complain about shitty business practices look into why Google is currently being sued in 36 states or DRM causing stuttering in RE7 on PC (reported cracked versions run stutter free)

Adjusting prices based on inflation is not shitty business practice. Blame your government for that.

eva01beserk said:

As far as im aware. The leading problem with the industries at the moment is the exploitstion of whales with microtrandactions in the form of skins and season pasees and all that bullshit. And out the 3 platform holders the only one doing so is MS. Are you to protest them to?

If you find MT and loot boxes a bad exploit than paying $10 for something that should be standard is the exact same thing. You support it, you are part of the problem. 

For the record, you paying $10 for the PS5 upgrade is a MT.

SvennoJ said:

I'm not praising anything, I'm just saying the price increase is long overdue.
By your logic Sony should have raised the price of GoT on ps4 to $70 as well.
The generational transition is a good break to set prices at a more realistic point.

Why do you keep insisting haptic feedback and the other extras are no work to implement? One guy? What are you smoking.

Shitty business practice would be, no extras, no BC, no upgrade path. Just the old way, ps4 version $60, ps5 version $70. Except that wouldn't even be shitty, just realistic pricing without adding confusion. Same as Blu-ray next to 4K Blu-ray prices. There it really only takes one guy to push one button to generate a blu-ray master next to a 4K blu-ray master. Here you get ps5 specific optimizations, next to extras and new content in the form of haptic feedback and lipsync, with the possibility to upgrade or simply play the ps4 version in BC mode with better stability and faster loading times.

You're just complaining for the sake of complaining. If you want to complain about shitty business practices look into why Google is currently being sued in 36 states or DRM causing stuttering in RE7 on PC (reported cracked versions run stutter free)

Adjusting prices based on inflation is not shitty business practice. Blame your government for that.

You support it, you create new ways for for companies to exploit you and than you become part of the problem. 

Yeah i stand by my statement, it costs Sony peanuts to implement Haptic Feedback. I also dont see Nintendo charging an extra $10 to implement HD Rumble either. 

I am sorry, a PS4 game being charged close to full price with an additional $10 for PS5 owners is being bent over. Supporting it will only make it continue. Again your money, not sure why i am trying to protect it. Anyway this convo gotten old, its clearly going no where.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 12 July 2021

Jesus dude, stop saying everyone is a part of 'the problem' when there is no problem. Baw, cry me a river. YOU don't want to pay 10 bucks extra. That's a you problem, not everyone else. How detached from reality can you get?

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Azzanation said:

You support it, you create new ways for for companies to exploit you and than you become part of the problem. 

Yeah i stand by my statement, it costs Sony peanuts to implement Haptic Feedback. I also dont see Nintendo charging an extra $10 to implement HD Rumble either. 

I am sorry, a PS4 game being charged close to full price with an additional $10 for PS5 owners is being bent over. Supporting it will only make it continue. Again your money, not sure why i am trying to protect it. Anyway this convo gotten old, its clearly going no where.

Oh it's certainly going nowhere. I just find is rather fascinating how much it bothers you I don't mind paying $70 for games.
Actually it's CAD 90 https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ghost-of-tsushima-director-s-cut-ps5/15596034
But I don't pre-order, will buy on August 20th. I thought it would be out already but the complaining just started early.

Btw Skyward Sword Switch is CAD 80 here, Skyward Sword Wii U is currently $20 (CAD 25), good example ;)

Creating new ways for companies to exploit people is when the xbox generation didn't mind paying to use their own online connection. We're still stuck with that and Sony and Nintendo followed. Only the PC crowd had the power to say no, but MS is still trying to get more and more locked into the closed windows store, so never say never ;)