By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony acquires Housemarque

Great move. Sony making playstation even better.

Come on Blue Point next ?

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

>Thrilled to announce @Housemarque has officially joined PlayStation Studios! The extremely talented studio with a proven track record and best-in-class gameplay has a bright future and we couldn’t be more excited to be part of it!

Sony Japan's Twitter also accidentally tweeted out an image for Bluepoint Games. 

1) Housemarque has room to grow, and Returnal proved they are ready for slightly bigger projects than they have always done.
(honestly not super hyped by this but, its a fine investment)

2) Bluepoint "accidental" tweet lol :)   (the masters of remakes/remasters, this is a fantastic grab (if real))

3) wasnt there also a rumor about Arc System Works? (Guilty Gear, Persona Arena, Dragon Ball Z fighters ect devs) (fighting games)

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 29 June 2021

Really excited by Housemarque! Sony needs a few more teams that put mechanics and tight gameplay first.

Otter said:

Really excited by Housemarque! Sony needs a few more teams that put mechanics and tight gameplay first.

Arcade Styled games, modernised.

Sony was probably like.... what can we get, dev wise to add to our lineup?

How about a team that does Arcade focused games?
How about a team that does remasters really well?
How about a team that does fighters really well? (we got evo, we need a 1st party exclusive there)

Management went "Yes"

Housemarque are a quality studio and a good get for Sony.

Around the Network

Expected but still nice to hear.

Bluepoint should be next.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Not a big fan of Housemarque, but I’m glad there’s more European presence on Sony’s first-party family. And Bluepoint’s acquisition is almost imminent, otherwise they wouldn’t have made a special panel for them.

At first I thought that I never played any of their games but it turns out they made Dead Nation and Alienation, some really fun co-op twin stick shooters.

Signature goes here!

Congrats to Housemarque and Sony. It's a good fit of course.

twintail said:

The dreams / media molecule disrespect hurts with this picture. I'm still bummed out that dreams has not had a bigger success story. Or really even somewhat of a success story.