By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - E3 - Nintendo's conference predictions and wishlists

heavenmercenary01 said:

Hopes are extremely high in here.
Delusion will indeed be inevitable. Don't get mad at Nintendo for being too optimistic. They've promised nothing.
For me, i'll put the bar extremely low and expect some poor ports from irrelevant third party games that has been released on PS3 and vanilla PS4 back in 2013 to 2015. (and yes the persona series is to be excluded).
Smash as always.
Splatoon 3.
More footages on Mario Golf, skywardSword, no more heroes 3, Disgaea 6 localization and Game Garage Builder.
Hyrule Warriors DLC.
First party lazy ass ports, because that's what's Nintendo seems to be liking those late years. So we'll have Wind waker HD and Twilight Princess HD (each at 60€), Xenoblade Chronicles X (yes , no new ip's from monolith and they've been polishing the port for more than three years instead. Afterall, Retro spent 7 years doing nothing but a port of tropical freeze), and Tomodachi life or Nintendo Land ports instead of sequels (because why bother making sequels?).
We'll get probably more ports that i don't want to even think about in order to avoid digging deeper everytime i say we already hit the bottom.
Lots of Indies.
SMTV
The 40mins will fly away in a blink of an eye and you won't feel them cauz your hopes will keep you watching and expecting uncoming thing untill deception hits you.

Bonus: the Treehouse presentation will be focused on Mario Golf, Game Garage Builder and SkywardSword. Mario Golf will look interesting and SS will look as crappy as ever.

Anyway this list seems to be more realistic than what's being expected by people. Like, seriously are you expecting first party efforts to be put on a console that's selling like crazy by just being in stock? Are you seriously expecting DK, Metroid, Zelda,Splatoon, Kirby and a monolith new IP all in the same Direct? SERIOUSLY?

Game Builder Garage will already have been released. I think they purposefully revealed and release the game before E3 to not have to show it. It's a low priority digital only game.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
Dulfite said:

- I really doubt they will port games from that long ago at this point. If there are any ports I suspect they will be from games made within at most the last 3 years.

- The next two dlc characters will be Ultimate's last two probably, and possible see the retirement of its creator, so a lot of emotion will be riding on what those characters are.

- Splatoon 3 was a massive surprise when they announced it, so it's full unveiling will be extremely exciting for its fans. That being said they said E3 direct will be exclusively focused on 2021 releases and I believe Splatoon 3 is releasing minimum of early 2022 (unless by 2021 they mean fiscal).

- I don't have much to say on Mario Golf, No More Heroes 3, Disgaea 6, or Age of Calamity DLC other than fans of those games will love hearing about more content coming. All of that would be new content for them.

- So if WWHD and TPHD are lazy ports, that implies it took minimal effort on Nintendo's part to port them, correct? So, if their teams weren't too distracted making the ports, and if more people get to play those games than could before, what's the harm?

- Monolith Soft will likely have a brand new game unveiled at the conference.

- Retro did not spend 7 years doing Tropical Freeze alone. There is evidence out there that they were working on at least 1-2 other games (at least 1 of them was cancelled). Their slow pumping out of games is due to cancellations and being asked to take over MP4. I actually think we could see another game from them come out before MP4 does, personally.

- Lots of indies isn't a bad thing. I've played more indie on the Switch than any other device ever, and my appreciation for indie developers is at an all time high.

- What's SMTV?

- No way the treehouse will be focused on games already released (Golf), games targeting a creative niche (GG Builder), or re-released games. They may be briefly included, but most of the focus of the treehouse will be on brand new AAA games as those are the money drivers.

- Donkey Kong coming is based on rumors. No one that I know of was speculating on that out of hope until recently, when the reports game out that the SMO team was building it. Can't really blame people for being hyped about that.

- Metroid Prime 4, Zelda, Splatoon have all been announced months/1 year + ago. People will naturally think they are coming soon because Nintendo doesn't announce things far away from release generally.

- Kirby is a no brainer that it will appear in some fashion. The Japanese will revolt if there wasn't an annual Kirby game.

- Monolith Soft has been working on a brand new game for years now, it should absolutely be ready to be seen by this E3.

Bold: they said it would be exclusively focused on software mainly for 2021. Splatoon 3 in this direct is not out of the question even though not very likely.

Bold 2: Shin Megami Tensei V

Bold 3: Mario Golf hasn't released yet.

I agree with everything else.

For some reason I thought it came out already, not sure why lol. Thanks for the details!

mZuzek said:

Feel more hyped about this E3 than I have for many many years.

Looking forward to seeing Breath of the Wild 2, and hopeful that we'll see something, anything, about Metroid Prime 4. Probably naive to believe in that, but anyway. Maybe I shouldn't get hyped over just these, but, I am.

That isn't to say I wouldn't find other things cool. I hope they have a cool-looking new IP, but I don't expect it. Anything Star Fox, F-Zero or Astral Chain would be crazy, but yeah, not happening. Maybe a 2D Metroid? That's not totally out of the question but I still don't believe in it.

I feel the opposite, can't say I expect much from Nintendo this E3. I said a few months ago 2021 could be Switch's best year yet but I can totally see this E3 resulting in nothing huge. I obviously anticipate Monolith to show their thing, but that's about it. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

All I care about is knowing more about a possible Switch pro (got my hands full with Rise and will wait for a possible expansion). If, like myself, many original owners are willing to upgrade that alone is food for Nintendo to get Switch as best selling HW ever (imagine if 50% of the whole current owners were up to make the jump; about 40mil Switches just there).

My predictions:
-Zelda BotW 2 information. Vague 2022 release date.
-New Metroid game information (developed by MercurySteam) coming this year in September. No real info on Metroid Prime
-Fire Emblem announcement for next year
-Monolith Soft or Next Level Games new game coming for next year
-Super Mario Party 2 announcement for this year (oct)
-New game by Good-Feel releasing this year
-A bunch of third party ports for this year
-No More Heroes 3 gameplay
-2D Donkey Kong game coming this year (Nov or Dec)

Around the Network
farlaff said:

All I care about is knowing more about a possible Switch pro (got my hands full with Rise and will wait for a possible expansion). If, like myself, many original owners are willing to upgrade that alone is food for Nintendo to get Switch as best selling HW ever (imagine if 50% of the whole current owners were up to make the jump; about 40mil Switches just there).

There will be no hardware talk in the conference. Nintendo already said that.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Not gonna predict much because Nintendo is really unpredictable
-The Legend of Zelda: Breath of Darkness launches March 2022.
-Zelda 35th Anniversary Collection launches in September.
-Bayonetta 3 gameplay reveal with a 2022 release date.
-Metroid Prime 4 update, no footage.
-Smash Fighter Pass Character Reveal
-Notable future updates for Animal Crossing
Wishlist
-Remake of the first two Paper Mario games. This would pave the way for a new installment in that style years from now.
-Super Mario Party 2 with more content than Super Mario Party. Also, it won't require JoyCons. It launches in October 2021.
-Breath of Darkness (my title) launches in November
-Zelda 35th Anniversary Collection is a much better value than the Mario collection and is not a limited-time release.
-Revamped legacy content with hopefully N64 and GameCube games available
-Persona 5 or Persona 5 Royal. I'm playing through it on PS4, so I wouldn't get it on Switch. But it really should be on Switch.
-GTA V coming to Switch on November 11, the same day as the PS5 and Xbox Series release.
-Pikmin 4 reveal with a 2022 release date. I've never played Pikmin, I just feel for the Pikmin fans.
-WarioWare
-Wario Land
-Some cool stuff in Animal Crossing updates like gyroids, the Roost and Brewster, and furniture from the past games. Let's get some Zelda items in there too.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

There's the top things that I want most from Nintendo:

Pikmin 4
A ambitious Starfox game that looks good
Crash for Smash
A pokemon party game in the same veins of the mini games from pokemon stadium (I know this is a show apart, but a pokemon direct is a given close to Nintendo e3 direct)

What I think that is very likely to be in the presentation:

Zelda BOTW sequel (probably with a release date)
Metroid Prime 4 footage (probably with a release window)
Monolith project trailer

I am terribly to take blind guesses, so I just hope that something from my wishlist come true

We reap what we sow

I hope that they announce at least one new Mario game and maybe Pikmin 4? Pikmin 3 Deluxe was a success but it is not an Evergreen. So P4 in 2022?

As far as predictions go, I'm sure they'll bookend the last 2 Smash Bros. fighters in a similar way to E319, beginning and the end before the "one more thing", Breath of the Wild 2, and most likely the next main Kirby game will be there as well. And whatever the 3D Mario team is working on.

For wishlist, I would like another Style Savvy game, and a bunch of other stuff, but that is the one I want the most.

And overall I feel it will be a good presentation.