By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - E3 - Nintendo's conference predictions and wishlists

Here are some things that have a decent chance of being shown:

-BotW2
-Another Zelda game of some sort (or collection)
-Age of Calamity DLC (possibly available either June 15 or June 16)
-More information on 1 or more Dragon Quest games coming to Switch that elaborates on what was announced in the recent DQ broadcast (this might end up in the SquareEnix presentation instead...maybe)
-A game that Toby Fox is working on.  It may even be related to the Mother franchise or it might be Delta Rune.
-SMT5
-A Wario game
-At least one third party game that seems to push the storage capacity and/or graphical limitations of the Switch
-At least one fighter for Smash Bros.

Here are some things I would really like to see, but am not counting on at all:

-A new Advance Wars
-A new Punch Out
-A new 2D Mario with Miyamoto on the dev team
-The first 3 Zelda games redone using the new Link's Awakening game engine
-The creator of Axiom Verge is making a 2D Metroid

Around the Network

I hope they'll show off the upcoming Breath of the Wild sequel in the E3 Direct!

I hope to see more Bayonetta 3, BotW2, and Pokemon Legends Arceus.
Hopefully any kind of Metroid and DK game will be announced.
I also would like to see FE4 remade.

As for Smash, my only dream pick is Chun Li. I wanted her and Ryu in since the Brawl days and to have her complete that dream would be awesome. Though in the end, I’ve already been at the point where I’m just spoiled and it doesn’t matter who the last two fighters are for Ultimate. It’s a game and roster that I’ll never forget.

As for anything else besides the obvious...I would like to see Star Fox come back. Will it be at this E3? I don’t know.

I think this direct will be really awesome but i will expect just a little so i can really enjoy it.
All i want is a Zelda Botw 2 trailer and that's all.

Maluigi said:

I hope that they announce at least one new Mario game and maybe Pikmin 4? Pikmin 3 Deluxe was a success but it is not an Evergreen. So P4 in 2022?

Nice.

I forgot to add either Super Mario Odyssey 2, Super Mario Sunshine 2, or a 3D Mario that's not a direct sequel. The Switch has plenty of room for two 3D Mario titles on it (ports not included). The Wii broke new ground with a 2nd 3D Mario game, and one that was a direct sequel at that. If Nintendo plans to keep Switch around for another 3-4 years without a successor, they could always use another 3D Mario game as a large profit opportunity. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

I have no idea, and would prefer to be surprised by Nintendo and other companies about whatever new products they’re bringing. Also I want them to announce new things, in Spring 2021 I don’t give a crap about games coming out in like 2022, 2023 or whatever. and haven’t put any deep thought into it.

That said, I do have a wish list, and hope at least one makes it through - I’m not expecting any of these, just hoping for them. Also, this is not just for E3, but for announcements throughout the year, I haven’t really cared about E3 since like 2007, just give me games - I don’t need to hear about them 2-4 years in advance.

1. Xenogears Remake - add in the improvements of world design from the Xenoblade games while maintaining the superior story telling and characters from Xenogears. I’m not saying Xenoblade characters and story were bad, they’re still great - but story and characters in Xenoblade always felt a little too secondary - a lot of it (especially the first game) wasn’t original, just elements lifted out of Xenogears and then stripped down to the point that they can fit onto the context of Bionis/Mechonis - but losing a lot of flavour depth. Like taking the beans out of a chilli, and washing them clean of all spice and flavour to sit on a slice of toast.

2. Xenoblade Chronicles X-2 (and or X remake) - Regardless of everything else, the premise and setting of this game was one of the most interesting I can ever recall playing. I loved the idea of an open world game where you could go everywhere you could see. Also, a game where if things got a little too tricky/boring, you could literally just quit and do something else and maybe not even worry about it ever again. While it wasn’t a force-fed story like Xenogears/Xenoblade, I found the ability to experience my own story in this world to be a lot of fun. I’d love for the devs to take a look at the Witcher 3 level of production and aim for that. Witcher 3 was another excellent game, and did a lot of things better than XCX (sometimes much better), and some things not quite as good. They have some similarities given Novigrad and New LA have a bit of the same feeling and a bit of the same sort of scenarios (fascist humans targeting non-humans in both games, and you as the player have a bit of a moral dilemma) - I personally like Sci-Fi better... maybe Mira revisited a bit later in its history with villages scattered throughout.

3. Super Mario Galaxy 3 - I wanna head back into space, play with gravity mechanics, and introduce stronger story elements again.

4. Super Mario RPG 2 - no offence intended to Paper Mario, but I want a real Mario RPG sequel.

5. Remakes: Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War or Earthbound 2/Mother 3, Dragon Quest 9 (was at least published by Nintendo), Super Mario Bros 3 (BUT, maintain some semblance of the art style, I felt the Mario Allstars update wasn’t as artistically pleasing as the original).

6. A massive upgrade to Nintendo Online’s catalogue. I want this Netflix for NES/SNES titles that’s always been talked about. And unlike Wii VC, something I can continue playing on the next console without some kind of Switch emulator mode. Bring on some classics we haven’t seen in a while: Illusion of Time, Terranigma, Soul Blazer; and get all the classics on there too. I’d prefer no price increase, but wouldn’t mind paying a premium for most/all of the NES/SNES classics.

7. Some kind of new Health Pack (Wuhu island/Wii Sports/Wii Fit etc...); but not just a port of a 2006 game, with updated features/accessorie for the 2020s. It’s 2021 and I’m still pulling out the Wii from time to time for these games, although Ring Fit was a good distraction, I eventually picked up Wii Fit again - unfortunately, if you have a large room you have to stand fairly close to the TV and occasionally my 4 year old joycons de-sync and that gets really annoying in Ring Fit with perfection challenges - so Inwent back to Wii games, but they’re outdated - bring something new.

8. A proper 3D Donkey Kong Country game today Breath of the Wild/Mario Galaxy caliber - something that’s cutting edge like the originals were, rather than a throwback like the more recent ones. I am not saying the more recent DKCs are bad, but they are shooting much lower than the originals did in terms of greatness. The originals were among the most cutting edge and exciting games of their time. And Switch is less powerful, true, but then again, so was SNES compared to PC, PlayStation, and Saturn.

9. A proper Metroid sequel, updated for the 2020s; something not Metroid Prime - Metroid Prime can stay for the alt-Metroid fans, but that’s not true Metroid to me, that’s Turok with a Metroid skin. I want something open world - not a series of find the key areas; platformer - not a first person shooter; filled with tension and action - not desolation/emptiness.

10. Switch 2 - But only if the console is as much a continuation as a sequel to Switch 1, rather than some “wipe out the last console to make way for the next” type thing - gaming consoles are about the only category of platform that still does this - phones stopped doing this in the 2000s, PCs in the 80s. I understand the interface and weird chipset changes that occur between generations - Switch 2 shouldn’t have this issue - it’s not using some 3 and a half core custom Power PC chip, or emotional engine that’s supposedly thinking and has weather changing features.

Game I fully expect this year (E3 or some other show): Breath of the Wild 2 - it’s been in development a long time, it should be done, and it should be a lot bigger than most might be expecting.

A long list, but what I really want from Nintendo announcements this year, including E3 are surprises of games coming out soon. I can speculate and wish list all I want, but Nintendo and third parties have done well on the Switch, and I look forward to more surprises of both new software, and updates/ports of old software.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Not in the mood to make predictions, I'd rather list what I hope to see at Nintendo's E3:
- New 2D Metroid and hopefully not by MercurySteam
- Bayonetta 3 finally getting a release date
- New FE game by Intelligent Systems with a return more to the 3DS games style. Awakening or Fates enhanced ports would be nice too
- Xenoblade X enhanced port
- Pokemon Legends Arceus gameplay
- SMT V
- Astral Chain 2 (not happening tho)
Maybe some other surprises with new IPs

What I think will show up:
-A Donkey Kong game in some form
-A Metroid game in some form
-Breath of the Wild 2 trailer/gameplay footage
-Monolith Soft's new IP

What I want to show up:
-More than one Metroid game (so some kind of combination of Metroid Prime 4, Metroid 5, Metroid Prime Trilogy)
-Bayonetta 3
-A new Next Level Games game (Ok, this one is so unlikely I don't even really wish for it, but now that I think about it that would be cool)
-Warioware or Rhythm Heaven (I've never tried them but I want to on Switch!)
-Resident Evil Outrage (like the Next Level Games one, more of a random thought then a wish)

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

-Monolith Soft's new IP

What I want to show up:
-More than one Metroid game (so some kind of combination of Metroid Prime 4, Metroid 5, Metroid Prime Trilogy)
-Bayonetta 3
-A new Next Level Games game (Ok, this one is so unlikely I don't even really wish for it, but now that I think about it that would be cool)
-Resident Evil Outrage (like the Next Level Games one, more of a random thought then a wish)

Ah yes, Rhythm Heaven. The Wii one was great. I would even take a simple port of that.

derpysquirtle64 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

-Monolith Soft's new IP

What I want to show up:
-Bayonetta 3

Ah yes, Rhythm Heaven. The Wii one was great. I would even take a simple port of that.

I've never played them but the series looks excellent.

Also I know it might not happen but damn it, I'd cream my pants so hard at a 2D Metroid that continues after Fusion.